We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Happy Holidays and consistency

You want feed back eh? Well first to note Starting out crafting as a tailor. You do the Forester and Prospector and Tailor quests. When you turn them in You loose the Forester work but not the Prospector or the Tailor work? No consistency there. Now later in the crafting... Kazadum iron and mallorn wood. You changed the Wood to Iliex but did not change the Iron/gold/copper ore to Skarn? Not consistent there either. I can say I am truly dissapointed in the crafting update as its nowhere near consistent in content.

Oh Merry Christmas to one and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Legorfin View Post
    You want feed back eh? Well first to note Starting out crafting as a tailor. You do the Forester and Prospector and Tailor quests. When you turn them in You loose the Forester work but not the Prospector or the Tailor work? No consistency there. Now later in the crafting... Kazadum iron and mallorn wood. You changed the Wood to Iliex but did not change the Iron/gold/copper ore to Skarn? Not consistent there either. I can say I am truly dissapointed in the crafting update as its nowhere near consistent in content.

Oh Merry Christmas to one and all.
    With all the issues in game right now a bit of inconsistency in crafting is tolerable.
    You want some real inconsistency? Why give class XP for crafting and not give crafting XP for class deeds/quests?

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    With all the issues in game right now a bit of inconsistency in crafting is tolerable.
    You want some real inconsistency? Why give class XP for crafting and not give crafting experience points for class deeds/quests?
    I am not understanding your comment.There is no such thing as class experience points. The closest thing we have to class experience points are the skill tree points.

We have a bunch different kinds of experience points:
    1) Reputation
    2) Character
    3) Crafting (skill)
    4) Legendary item
    5) Mount

Crafting gives character experience points. Similar to the way quest turn ins, mob deaths and task turn ins do.Crafting will also give you crafting (skill) experience points if applicable. Quest will give you some or all of the following --> reputation, character, legendary item and mount experience points.

Are you suggesting that a quest turn in give you some crafting skill experience points? Or do want "get one crafting skill experience point" for every so many character experience points like 10,000. Turbine would have to create an entry in the wallet for these points and some method of assigning them to a profession.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Word oops on my part, but yes. If you get character XP for crafting why not crafting XP for character? I'm not for it, I have just always been against character XP for crafting.

I'm not for it, I have just always been against character XP for crafting.
    You and me both. I'm totally against it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

You want some real inconsistency? Why give class XP for crafting and not give crafting XP for class deeds/quests?
    Tolerable? When you have a full bag of Kazadum ore and are finally ready to craft them only to be told they can't be used anymore??! So they take a full bag out of action. I would say that is intolerable. They have the mechanism to turn Mallorn Wood to Ilex Wood why not Kaza ore to skarn? I am holding onto the ore with the hope they will fix it in the next patch.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Legorfin View Post
    Tolerable? When you have a full bag of Kazadum ore and are finally ready to craft them only to be told they can't be used anymore??! So they take a full bag out of action. I would say that is intolerable. They have the mechanism to turn Mallorn Wood to Ilex Wood why not Kaza ore to skarn? I am holding onto the ore with the hope they will fix it in the next patch.
    Unless I'm blind, my cappy(metalsmith) is able to turn khazad iron/copper into Skarn.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Unless I'm blind, my cappy(metalsmith) is able to turn khazad iron/copper into Skarn.
    Prospector, select output.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Prospector, select output.
    Yep. Metalsmith has the prospecting ability
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)