We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helms Deep Beta Facebook LikeMe Thing- what is that code good for?

I liked LOTRO on F-B and won a code. Which I plunked in as asked...so what did I exactly win here? The right to add my opinion, informed or otherwise (always open to speculation!) on the beta test forum? Or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Aamu View Post
    I liked LOTRO on F-B and won a code. Which I plunked in as asked...so what did I exactly win here? The right to add my opinion, informed or otherwise (always open to speculation!) on the beta test forum? Or...?
    Most likely you won the ability to break the NDA which you just did by stating you have a beta code in a public forum.
    Gungus - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gungus_coyote View Post
    Most likely you won the ability to break the NDA which you just did by stating you have a beta code in a public forum.
    Sapience posted in the "Announcements" section (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Deep-Beta-Code)

"Get in! Claim your Helm's Deep Beta Code.
    Like us on Facebook to claim your Helm's Deep Beta Code! Already liked us? Claim your code!

Hurry, keys are limited!"

And, LOTRO's Twitter feed says, "Still no Helm's Deep Beta Invite? Like us on Facebook and grab a key! http://ow.ly/pVwPh #LOTRO #HELMSDEEP"

So... I don't think this post qualifies as breaking the NDA. Go get a code for yourself, too!

And in response to the OP, wasn't there in an explanation in the email that you received with your code on how to use it?
    Last edited by Zikaris99; Oct 18 2013 at 07:27 PM.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in [i]The Hobbit, or There and Back Again[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris99 View Post
    So... I don't think this post qualifies as breaking the NDA. Go get a code for yourself, too!
    The OP states they have a beta key, which is admitting they are in the beta. Telling anyone that you are in the beta violates the NDA. So yes, the OP broke their NDA by posting that they have a beta key.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    The OP states they have a beta key, which is admitting they are in the beta. Telling anyone that you are in the beta violates the NDA. So yes, the OP broke their NDA by posting that they have a beta key.
    And how do you know what the NDA states ???

Only way you would know 100% what it states is if you yourself are in the beta, and thus you are also breaking it.

Isnt it funny how we can draw conclusions on who is breaking the NDA ??

And having a key you get from facebook, doesnt imply you are IN the beta, you are IN the beta when you put the key into your account at myaccount.turbine.com, if you havent put in they key yet, your account is not tied to the beta yet. And that is just comen knowledge about how keys and lotro work.

From past experience with previous Beta invites on various games, by using the beta key you get the right to download the beta software for Bullroarer server, log in there, and try out the various changes that 99% of the gaming population will not see until Helm's Deep comes out.

If you can see the beta forums here, then you have used the beta key correctly and the account is able to log in to Bullroarer. If you can't see the beta forums, then you do not have access to the beta server.

If you do log in to Bullroarer, you may try out new stuff and post your opinions and experiences with it on the forums. BUT ONLY IN THE BETA FORUMS! Do not post about anything you see in the live forums because you never know when something you see today will get deleted tomorrow.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TwiggyHandler View Post

Only way you would know 100% what it states is if you yourself are in the beta, and thus you are also breaking it.

And having a key you get from facebook, doesnt imply you are IN the beta, you are IN the beta when you put the key into your account at myaccount.turbine.com, if you havent put in they key yet, your account is not tied to the beta yet. And that is just comen knowledge about how keys and lotro work.
    It is a public document, and has been through all previous betas.

http://www.turbine.com/en/content/lo...view-agreement

Enjoy.

Edit: The reason that you are enjoined from announcing that you are a participant in the Beta program is for the player's benefit. It stops you from being harrassed for details.
    Last edited by mjk47; Oct 19 2013 at 05:58 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

If it's like the previous beta (Riders of Rohan), you put the code in at https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php (and be sure to apply it to the right account, if you have more than one, because they can't fix it if you do it wrong -- my spouse got shut out of the Riders of Rohan beta after winning a key because it got put onto a DDO account instead of a LotRO account).

The NDA is public knowledge.

As for the FB thing, getting a code does not mean much, as you say. But once that code is applied to the account (which the OP specifically said he/she did) then it IS breaking the NDA.

Anyway, sorry OP, really sorry, but unfortunately you may very well be saying goodbye to this and any future LOTRO beta (perhaps all Turbine betas). That is unfortunately what happens when NDA is broken.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner

OR. Previous Beta tests that the poster was involved with.

Glorgnorbor
    Happy Halloween!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

The NDA has not changed since the dawn of time... http://www.turbine.com/en/content/lo...view-agreement

But to the OP, Yes you did in fact just break the NDA.. and probably lost your shot at any future beta's...
    “Denn die Todten reiten Schnell. (For the dead travel fast)” Bram Stoker, Dracula