We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Just starting out

Hello,

So i created an account to play lotro and i'm able to login to my account online. i've clicked on manage subscriptions and it just comes up with a blank page.
    i downloaded the software on my pc and updated it, but when prompted to log in it says no subscription found. do i need to buy an electronic copy and enter an activation key somewhere? also i'd like to try out the free to play i see on the website but it wants me to created a new account, when i already have one.

Thanks for your help guys,

You don't need to buy anything to play lotro. You simply make the account, then download the game here: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/download , when the download is finished you can open the turbine launcher, enter your account name and password, choose a server, create a character and start playing Have fun!
    [img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7350385&lo=1x0s0xqh2j591&t1=Iminye%20Silithair&t2=Elven%20Maiden%20-%20Hunter&t3=Blossom%20in%20the%20Snow&k=Ignition&i=images6.alphacoders.com/358/358157.jpg[/img]

You don't need anything to start playing LOTRO. You wouldn't even notice much improvement before level 20 (I suppose having two more bags would help) if you subscribed. After about level 30 or so you will have to decide between subscribing, paying a la carte (premium), grinding away for TP, or leaving LOTRO.

There should be more than a few threads describing these choices, but I'd definitely suggest playing away and seeing how you like it first. This is the thread I recommend for all your questions about paying for LOTRO(updated)