We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 191
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,023

    1vs1 circle is not a safe zone to run to

    If you are ganking over by tr and or any other area away from the 1vs1 zone, it does not save you from dying . It should not cause drama or conflict with anyone chasing their prey. Vyxe would not attack gv hill but if he was in persuit he would kill them all the way up to gv hill. The same rules should apply w/ tr 1vs1. You chose to fight there.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

    Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    Yeah guys, stop hiding in the controlled farming circle.
    Last edited by Graycient; Aug 03 2013 at 05:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Yeah guys, stop hiding in the controlled farming circle.
    What if I told you there is no need to edit every single post. Just makes you seem insecure...in a video game.
    Galareion ~ R13

    Demonio ~ R12

  4. #4
    Not only does running to the 1v1s exempt you from any courtesies, but so too does using the 1v1s as a launch base. Ex. If a person rides or runs by the 1v1s and you mount up or map ahead of them to get a kill, and then return to the 1v1s afterward, you will likely not be shown any courtesies because you have used intell acquired while you were being shown the courtesy of being left alone to locate and attack someone. Also, if you are posting in ooc, "TR under attack" or other relevant intell you will probably not be shown 1v1 courtesies.

    For all these reasons, everyone who isn't attempting to exploit the courtesy they are shown, recognize that TR west is not a good place for 1v1s, but it doesn't look like that location will be changed anytime soon. So make your decision whether or not you are going to 1v1 or participate in open PvMP. And be careful when transitioning to avoid any of the above mentioned things (a good idea might be to take a couple minute break or map to GV/Grams).

    Finally, I make this post not to set any rules or threaten anyone. That is ineffective. But rather, I make this so that no one will be shocked or confused if a group runs into the 1v1 circle, kills you, and leaves. On creepspeak at least, these above actions have been recognized by many as unfair and those 1v1ers who engage in them will likely not be shown courtesies.

    Boca-
    ~Bocagrande~

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,631
    As much as I dislike 1v1 circles being at GTR, I've been respecting them. However, you are fair game if you engage any group fight outside that circle, this includes healing tagging folks fighting the group. It includes rezzing those who were fighting the group and died. You are still fair game if you run there from another area in the game. It got to the point yesterday that if I had had the numbers I would have happily zerged that entire circle, over and over and over again. Stop doing it silly people, because I'd like to continue (begrudgingly) respecting the folks who are doing the 'right' thing over there. Finally, if you see a group of creeps randomly attacking folks near the 1v1 area, don't assume we're being wankers. We're probably taking someone out who was engaging the group in some manner. You can't have both worlds, and if you expect to have both, expect to be killed.
    Hellnakh | Edhellreth

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidagnest View Post
    Not only does running to the 1v1s exempt you from any courtesies, but so too does using the 1v1s as a launch base. Ex. If a person rides or runs by the 1v1s and you mount up or map ahead of them to get a kill, and then return to the 1v1s afterward, you will likely not be shown any courtesies because you have used intell acquired while you were being shown the courtesy of being left alone to locate and attack someone. Also, if you are posting in ooc, "TR under attack" or other relevant intell you will probably not be shown 1v1 courtesies.

    Boca-
    Really glad someone else mentioned this. Saw a lot of it the other day.
    It wasn't just someone running by, it was being used as a staging area.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    697
    Pay my sub else stfup.

    Formerly Sazh Frecklestache & Galuf Pronnstache


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanacor View Post
    Pay my sub else stfup.

    A coconut would be better. Oh and you need a swallow as well....Like so....

    Last edited by tkroll; Aug 03 2013 at 08:27 PM.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    275
    I do what I want
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanacor View Post
    Pay my sub else stfup.
    AoC2HD or make me some eggs.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidagnest View Post
    Not only does running to the 1v1s exempt you from any courtesies, but so too does using the 1v1s as a launch base. Ex. If a person rides or runs by the 1v1s and you mount up or map ahead of them to get a kill, and then return to the 1v1s afterward, you will likely not be shown any courtesies because you have used intell acquired while you were being shown the courtesy of being left alone to locate and attack someone. Also, if you are posting in ooc, "TR under attack" or other relevant intell you will probably not be shown 1v1 courtesies.
    I don't know how to give rep any more.
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2qxlqbl.jpg[/IMG]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    If you gank passers by your gonna get blitzed at the circle also.

    Basically, if you want to be left alone. Stay in your circle, don't leave, don't kill unless they agree to fight you. It's a really difficult concept, this is the sure fire method to not getting ganked while you sit in the circle.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by colt1911 View Post
    If you gank passers by your gonna get blitzed at the circle also.

    Basically, if you want to be left alone. Stay in your circle, don't leave, don't kill unless they agree to fight you. It's a really difficult concept, this is the sure fire method to not getting ganked while you sit in the circle.
    The real question is:
    Who sits still on the battlefield and expects not to get killed? Sitting targets get killed. Beginning to understand why fight clubs aren't supported by Turbine?

  14. #14
    Good thread.

    As I've said elsewhere, the 'moors is open PvP: we all need to accept the consequences of our actions, whether we like the outcomes or not.

    Personally, if i just took part in a fight with you/your group and you see me 1 minute later at gtr watching 1v1s, I fully expect you to come in and try to kill me if you're capable of it, and I'll hold no grudges. I'll frequently swing by gtr to see who's fighting, and if I ever see Bryter 1v1ing Infesting, or anything even remotely as enthralling, I'm going to stop and watch, whether I've been out fighting elsewhere or not. Whether it matters to anyone else not, I'll typically stay mounted up when i'm just there to watch, so consider me fair game for 'open' pvp if I'm mounted at the circle.

    If you don't think this is appropriate, come kill me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    The real question is:
    Who sits still on the battlefield and expects not to get killed? Sitting targets get killed. Beginning to understand why fight clubs aren't supported by Turbine?
    No. The real question is: didn't you quit this game?
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Good thread.

    As I've said elsewhere, the 'moors is open PvP: we all need to accept the consequences of our actions, whether we like the outcomes or not.

    Personally, if i just took part in a fight with you/your group and you see me 1 minute later at gtr watching 1v1s, I fully expect you to come in and try to kill me if you're capable of it, and I'll hold no grudges. I'll frequently swing by gtr to see who's fighting, and if I ever see Bryter 1v1ing Infesting, or anything even remotely as enthralling, I'm going to stop and watch, whether I've been out fighting elsewhere or not. Whether it matters to anyone else not, I'll typically stay mounted up when i'm just there to watch, so consider me fair game for 'open' pvp if I'm mounted at the circle.

    If you don't think this is appropriate, come kill me.
    Have to say that of all the wardens I have had the misfortune of encountering yours is the most aggravating. Nothing personal, sometimes fighting you is a lot of fun because you are pretty damn good. Sometimes you catch one of the greenies and vent is filled with a brief and colorful collection of expletives. I have to heal about ten times harder when ever you happen to about. I hate that wretched bleed....

    Good hunting, at least when I'm not creeping. LOL
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Yeah guys, stop hiding in the controlled farming circle.
    Stop hiding in uncontrolled farming locations, my enemy.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    The real question is:
    Who sits still on the battlefield and expects not to get killed?
    Snipers
    ..

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    Snipers
    ..
    Even some of the best snipers can get nailed though. Sometimes through the most unlikely means.

    Micah Jenkins was the commander of a group of Confederate Sharpshooters during the Civil War- he got cut down by friendly fire during the Battle of the Wilderness. General James Longstreet was also critically wounded in that same exchange.

    Hathcock in Vietnam did three tours, stalked and took out a general, and was so good at his job the north put a bounty on his head.
    In his third tour he got hurt pretty bad after the vehicle he was riding in hit a mine. I forgot the type of vehicle and have also forgotten whether the injuries came from the origianal mine or were sustained while pulling fellow soldiers from the burning vehicle.

    In Lotro terms- a nonmoving hunter is the easiest thing to take down. Especially when the melee manages to close in. The only guys in lotro who can sit still on the battlefield and not die are the one shots.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by tkroll View Post
    The only guys in lotro who can sit still on the battlefield and not die are the one shots.
    Rumor has it that the Great White Warg - the Nightmare of GoodTR - cannot be defeated in battle. He protects Good TR, hiding, waiting...enforcing the decrees of The Alliance.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tkroll View Post
    The only guys in lotro who can sit still on the battlefield and not die are the one shots.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    good point twong- forgot about the bug when the one shots fight each other. Haven't seen it in a little while.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddyfence View Post
    aw, I'm on my silly freep in that pic.
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2qxlqbl.jpg[/IMG]

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    Snipers
    ..
    Quote Originally Posted by tkroll View Post
    Even some of the best snipers can get nailed though. Sometimes through the most unlikely means.

    Micah Jenkins was the commander of a group of Confederate Sharpshooters during the Civil War- he got cut down by friendly fire during the Battle of the Wilderness. General James Longstreet was also critically wounded in that same exchange.

    Hathcock in Vietnam did three tours, stalked and took out a general, and was so good at his job the north put a bounty on his head.
    In his third tour he got hurt pretty bad after the vehicle he was riding in hit a mine. I forgot the type of vehicle and have also forgotten whether the injuries came from the origianal mine or were sustained while pulling fellow soldiers from the burning vehicle.

    In Lotro terms- a nonmoving hunter is the easiest thing to take down. Especially when the melee manages to close in. The only guys in lotro who can sit still on the battlefield and not die are the one shots.
    Of course they can die but the phrase he used is "expect not to get killed". I don't think the goal of snipers are to get into prolong fire fights but, having never been in the military personally, what do I know. So if their goal is to get into position, kill from range, and get out, the closest LOTRO option is probably a hunter in stealth. Get into position in stealth, massive burst damage, DF.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    Of course they can die but the phrase he used is "expect not to get killed". I don't think the goal of snipers are to get into prolong fire fights but, having never been in the military personally, what do I know. So if their goal is to get into position, kill from range, and get out, the closest LOTRO option is probably a hunter in stealth. Get into position in stealth, massive burst damage, DF.
    An average lotro hunter is no sniper, at least not in a lone sharpshooter sense. There are a few really good ones but unsupported hunters are usually easy meat.
    A warden might actually fit this bill a little better- all but the worst wardens are a pain in the neck to take down. They can pretty much immobilize a target from mid range in stealth and finish the job pretty quick.

    You should always expect to get killed in the moors.
    The battle is not always to the strong, nor the race to the swift, but time and chance happens to them all. Oh and the zerg too sooner or later.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by tkroll View Post
    An average lotro hunter is no sniper, at least not in a lone sharpshooter sense. There are a few really good ones but unsupported hunters are usually easy meat.
    A warden might actually fit this bill a little better- all but the worst wardens are a pain in the neck to take down. They can pretty much immobilize a target from mid range in stealth and finish the job pretty quick.

    You should always expect to get killed in the moors.
    The battle is not always to the strong, nor the race to the swift, but time and chance happens to them all. Oh and the zerg too sooner or later.
    An average soldier isn't a sniper either. Only the best can be snipers so you can toss out average hunters.

 

 
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload