We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helms Deep Beta codes and Offerpop

Hi,

Just to be sure, you have to join Offerpop to get the beta codes? This is the same thing that sends you New Offers that you didnt ask for? The current recommendations are to use something like AdAware to block it.

Teldra

I am reather interested how this codes worke

I think it's interesting to note just how many people can't wait to give away information on themselves (something you're warned explicitly not to do) if a few shinies are tossed their way.

Exclamation how can you apply the beta code from Facebook ?

how can you apply the beta code from Facebook ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubilee View Post
    I have put in a support ticket with Turbine, messaged the LotRO
    facebook page, & commented on the LotRO fb post giving the link to the Offerpop Beta Key code.

I have a funny feeling you won't need to be waiting for a response from Support. My guess is you've already gotten it, perhaps. :/

Don't these people know what NDA means? Apparently not.

If by chance you are fortunate enough to get a key code for beta, don't post in these forums!

How does this Beta-Key work anyway.

It says to grant access to the Helm's Deep Bety Forum, but it doesn't say where to find it and I have no idea if I can playtest the new exansion somewhere.
    Can someone point me in the right direction?

If by chance you are fortunate enough to have a beta key and you have applied it to your account, you should see forums specifically for beta, somewhere towards the bottom of the forums list.

If you haven't applied it (the key code) to your "My Account "page it won't show up for you. You need to apply the key code in your My Account first.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurny View Post
    If by chance you are fortunate enough to have a beta key and you have applied it to your account, you should see forums specifically for beta, somewhere towards the bottom of the forums list.
    During the RoR beta they moved the beta forums to the top and it is possible that they may still be at the top if you are in beta and logged into the forums.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00cc00][B]Founding Member: Sapience Fan Club and Adoration Society[/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by wikjif View Post
    During the RoR beta they moved the beta forums to the top and it is possible that they may still be at the top when you log into the forums.
    This is good to know. Thank you!

The last Beta I was in, was ROI, and they were at the bottom IIRC.

Unhappy No Disclosure Intended

Jurney, I didn't intend any disclosure. Truly, I had no idea where else to post as my code was invalid (who knows why) & my support ticket
    did not generate an email confirmation still today? Where is the correct place to seek support if you cannot get a support ticket to Turbine
    to generate a confirmation? If I were to have problems with something as important as payment issues, how would I know my ticket was
    received? I did think I was fortunate. That is, until my code turned out only to be "invalid".

Jurney, I didn't intend any disclosure. Truly, I had no idea where else to post as my code was invalid (who knows why) & my support ticket
    did not generate an email confirmation still today? Where is the correct place to seek support if you cannot get a support ticket to Turbine
    to generate a confirmation? If I were to have problems with something as important as payment issues, how would I know my ticket was
    received? I did think I was fortunate. That is, until my code turned out only to be "invalid".
    It is always best to PM Sapience as the community manager (who knows all things but doesn't always disclose them) rather than post publicly and break your NDA. It may be too late already. If you're smart you'll delete your post, and then PM Sapience.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Jurny View Post
    I have a funny feeling you won't need to be waiting for a response from Support. My guess is you've already gotten it, perhaps. :/

Don't these people know what NDA means? Apparently not.

If by chance you are fortunate enough to get a key code for beta, don't post in these forums!
    An NDA is a legal contract you have to sign.

A free beta code for opting in an advertising scheme on Facebook that gives you a beta code is not an NDA. Turbine might choose to act like it's an NDA, but they would get laughed out of court.

Turbine needs to realize how ridiculous they are looking. Handing out beta codes to anyone that asks (so as to earn revenue from that ad company) and then insisting that no one can talk about the game? Really? It makes them look petty on the one hand, and as if they have something to hide, on the other. It's a month 'til the release date, things aren't going to change that much. If they are afraid to let people talk about it, it's not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post

A free beta code for opting in an advertising scheme on Facebook that gives you a beta code is not an NDA. Turbine might choose to act like it's an NDA, but they would get laughed out of court.

Turbine needs to realize how ridiculous they are looking. Handing out beta codes to anyone that asks (so as to earn revenue from that ad company) and then insisting that no one can talk about the game? Really? It makes them look petty on the one hand, and as if they have something to hide, on the other. It's a month 'til the release date, things aren't going to change that much. If they are afraid to let people talk about it, it's not a good thing.
    I agree it's all a bit silly and overimportant sounding.

However, Turbine can kick a player out of beta (or out of the entire game) for any reason or for no reason, which is why it's wise to play by their rules if someone wants to participate.

In the past, Turbine has let players talk about their beta experiences anywhere between two and four weeks prior to launch. That means if Turbine sticks to precedent, we should start to hear some details from testers in the next couple of weeks.

I don't think Turbine does this out of fear, as you suggest. Rather, I feel it's part of an ingrained corporate culture of secrecy that has largely dissolved in other gaming companies over the past few years. Maybe someday Turbine will wake up and realize that if it's not going to market its own game, it needs to let enthusiastic testers do it for them.

In lotro there is no signature necessary. The facebook post where they are giving away codes says:

Click the "Get your code" button, then log into your account via myaccount.turbine.com and enter your beta code to join the beta! Then you’ll be able to log into the Beta Forums and start helping us make Helm's Deep the best it can be!

The Helm's Deep Beta is going on all weekend, so make sure you claim your key and prepare to fight for Rohan!

Remember, by accepting this code and applying it to your account you agree to be bound by our NDA and not discuss the Helm’s Deep beta or your participation with anyone outside of the beta forums.

Note: You must click on the "Get Your Code" button to receive your code.
    The facebook post also links to the NDA in question. If you don't read the post I'm not sure what else they can do to inform people.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

It's an interesting situation. He's received a code, and invalid code at that. But doesn't the NDA agreement come into play only when one is actually *in* the Beta? So an invalid code seems to the antithesis of being "in Beta."

I guess it comes down to when, in the process, the NDA is presented to the user to agree to?

Helms Deep key code received. Now what/where?

I followed the link to the Facebook "like" page for the Helms Deep expansion and received a key code (on 10-18-13). Now what am I supposed to do with it and where do I go to do that thing? I have a VIP account. I want to know if I still need to pay to pre-purchase the expansion or does it automatically be available to VIP accounts? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCindaRae View Post
    I followed the link to the Facebook "like" page for the Helms Deep expansion and received a key code (on 10-18-13). Now what am I supposed to do with it and where do I go to do that thing? I have a VIP account. I want to know if I still need to pay to pre-purchase the expansion or does it automatically be available to VIP accounts? Thanks for any help.
    According to the facebook post you're not supposed to talk about being in Beta, including saying you're in Beta. If you have a question you should contact the Community Manager (Sapience) or post in whatever beta forum you've been given access to.

VIP accounts do not get Helms Deep automatically. We have always paid like everybody else.
    GLADDEN SERVER

This is not true. You don't have to "sign" anything to agree to it, or for it to have legal standing. We don't sign any of the Terms & Conditions, etc. we agree to all the time when using software or the internet. Some of these have an "I agree" button to click, while others state that by participating you agree to the relevant terms.

NDAs happen throughout many different fields, and some involve signed contracts, while others simply involve agreement, explicit or implied. As a journalist I agree to NDAs all the time, and very few of the companies require me to sign any documents. Yet if I were to break any of those NDAs, I would not get to cover future products, etc.

Likewise, Turbine is unlikely to sue someone over breaking the NDA, but it can easily enforce any other disciplinary measure, including suspension from beta (current and future), and, in extreme cases (leaks, etc.), suspension of a player's live account. A player would have no legal recourse against these decisions if a violation has been made, as participation in beta implies agreement to the NDA and related terms.

Now, minor breaches, like we see on this forum, may or may not be ignored. Just because the rules are in place does not mean that Turbine will heartlessly enforce them, with no consideration of the circumstances surrounding the breach.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 100 - Riddermark - The Guild / Keepers of the Palantiri

sorry

will not happen again , did not know
    sandro

Turbine is a big company and I am pretty sure they have lawyers who know the actual law and make sure what they are doing is legal. The link is on facebook as others have said to the NDA and it mentions that by acceptiing this code you are bound by the NDA. So by accepting the code, you are signing a digital signature and would not be laughed out of court.
    [CENTER][I][B][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#00ffff]I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#2BC936]According to my Sister... Video Games can only get better...... unless it's Madden
    [/COLOR][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#b22222]Long Live Meneldor![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/I][/CENTER]