We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Locked skirms

Locked skirms

Is there a way to play one of those locked skirmishes as a free player, like if someone invites you or something.
    Someone told me that it is possible.

You have to pay TP to unlock them (hurray, let's grind some TP; tbh, don't unlock them with TP), or to purchase VIP.

If the skirmishes are located in Moria, Mirkwood or the Rift in Angmar, you have to unlock them by doing epics.
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

strange, cause i was able to play a skirmish with some captain who said he summoned me to it. If its true can a captain summon fellowship members to a skirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawmakerex View Post
    strange, cause i was able to play a skirmish with some captain who said he summoned me to it. If its true can a captain summon fellowship members to a skirm?
    Captains are not able to teleport you inside an instance(which includes skirmishes).

If you are a free player you will have 2 free skirmishes at the start:
    - Trouble in tuckborough
    - Siege of Gondamon

Once you get further in the epic quest line, you will get a couple more free skirmishes in Moria and Mirkwood.
    If you are VIP you get access to every skirmish (except for the ones in Moria and Mirkwood if you haven't completed those epic quests yet.)
    You can also buy skirmishes for TP, if you are interested in buying skirmishes I would suggest you to wait and keep an eye on the sales in the LOTRO store, Skirmishes get a discount now and then.

I hope I helped you out a bit with this information.
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

OK i see, you guys have really helped me a lot, good that therere still people
    who like to help. Thanks people

Just a little history lesson;

Back in the day, the Skirmishes were on a daily system. That's to say, the bonus Experience and Reputation you get on completion of a Skirmish, only happened once per skirmish, per day. So, having access to more Skirmishes meant you could do more dailies and get more bonus exp/rep.

Then, they removed the daily completion reward, instead opting to simply increase the amount of exp per kill.

Now, they've returned to exp/rep reward for completion, and you'll get them regardless of how many times you finished that skirmish that day.

So, as far as I can see, the only reason to buy access to a Skirmish nowadays is to get the Rep for a particular zone. Though, you'd if you're only after rep, you'd most like be better off farming their rep items.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    So, as far as I can see, the only reason to buy access to a Skirmish nowadays is to get the Rep for a particular zone.

Well, and wanting the variety/being able to play them with friends... I do enjoy an occasional bit of skirmishing, and it would be terribly boring if I had only two to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Padhril View Post
    Well, and wanting the variety/being able to play them with friends... I do enjoy an occasional bit of skirmishing, and it would be terribly boring if I had only two to choose from.
    As others have stated above, there are eleven free Skirmishes; the initial two, three in Moria, five in Mirkwood, and one in Angmar.