We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Hunter-Burglar Duo!

Hey all. I'm currently a lvl 36ish Elf Hunter who plays with a Man Burglar of equal level. I was wondering if I could get some help about how we should coordinate attacks/skills more effectively. We love to use teamwork and are looking for some more ideas about how to work together with these two classes. I understand that this may not be the best duo so I'm not interested in what classes would work better together, but rather how these two selected classes can be the most efficient. Thanks

Heh, yeah, hardest combo certainly, as burgs take time to setup their attacks, in mêlée range. By the time they are ready to go, a hunter would be done and gone.

That being said, let's take on this challenge! :-)

One idea, burg is in stealth ahead of the hunter, but turned around to face the hunter (back to MOB). Hunter shoots MOB. MOB comes running up to hunter, oblivious to burg, who could Aim and backsta...oh wait, the hunter already killed it.

Let's see... The hunter could wait, the burg sneaks in behind a MOB, Aims and one-shots it.

Ums, how about you coordinate different targets? The burg could sneak up, attack, if there are multiple MOBs, the hunter could take down one of the others, this would keep most MOBs on the survivable burg, and the hunter would never get overwhelmed/have to run. The key will be to watch out for CC the burg applies (slumped over MOBs with grey swirly overhead are mezzed).

Realize a liability is you both wouldn't be tagging all the MOBs this way.

If you are both weak, and not outright killing MOBs readily yourselves, or in an area with signature or elites, then probably easiest to have the hunter pull, burg mez a ranged one, and both attack the same one, the burg applying tricks accordingly to increase your damage or decrease the incoming damage as appropriate.

The burg can also trait to have Enrage force a ranged MOB to come into mêlée range, the key will be sure threat stays on the burg then.

Basically just talk with each other, and have patience as a hunter for setup time, with all the CC and buffs and heals and DPS the burg provides, it could be a powerful combo.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

RJFerret, I agree completely that when fighting individual mobs I can usually take it down before they land a hit, leaving the burglar running after said mob getting, at the least, aggravated. We usually stick together but take on different mobs. I guess I'm more interested in specific tactics and skill combos between the two classes when fighting elites, bosses, big bad mamajamas, ect.
    Find me in game on Firefoot, name is Arrionn.

Hello there,

I am not familiar with the hunter but as stated earlier the Burg can do quite a lot to contribute to the group.

Counter Defence Trick + Revel Weakness will increase your damage even further. Provoke will keep ago on the current target so in theory if the burg opens the fight and keep on spamming provoke on the target - you should be able to kill it without the burg loosing aggro.

Burgs have amazing tanking skills and take take a ton of damage - Knives out, Touch and Go.

In reality you should not face any issues while leveling unless doing over level content or small fellowship quests. Even this is do-able with the burg CC abilities.

Not to mention that if things get tough the burg can always start a FM or 2 - for a Morale HoT.

Regards
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/911993610lotro_lotro18.png[/img][/url]

Greetings...

Im a lvl 40 burglar at the moment and my wife is playing a hunter. Generally I sneak and start the fight with Provoke from stealth with Leaf Walk traited. In this way, I have 60% chance to disable the mob and we kill it easily even if it is some levels above, she doesnt even have to run. If getting 2 mobs, we focus the first and I CC the other (Riddle). If 3, she can put a trap. If 4, I can CC a second one (trick + Startling Twist).

On bosses, conjunctions are much appreciated and a burglar can activate it by using Exploit Opening or Trip. If he is vulnerable to CCs, we have even more fun.

Just a few tips that I realized until now, I hope it can be of some help for you both.

I have a plan! Any time the hunter rain of arrows on that 15 monsters mob, the burglar HIPS. The burglar must ensure that he is using the HIPS cooldown legacy & maxed stealth.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I have a plan! Any time the hunter rain of arrows on that 15 monsters mob, the burglar HIPS. The burglar must ensure that he is using the HIPS cooldown legacy & maxed stealth.
    THis is an excellent plan. I think it would work excellently. My Champ friend has a version where he gives all threat to me... Thats when I laugh and use my happy improved fleetness... CATCH ME NOW
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    THis is an excellent plan. I think it would work excellently. My Champ friend has a version where he gives all threat to me... Thats when I laugh and use my happy improved fleetness... CATCH ME NOW
    If a champ do that to my hobbit hunter i just play possum.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth