We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

"This is OUR HOME!!" (Rper with 15 years at the table top, finally coming online)

Hail and a Dark eve,

I have spent a long time seeking the proper online atmosphere to further practice my favorite Hobby, Roleplaying. I view it as much a Artform as Drawing, or Singing. With Practice, and passion we all find what we seek, a connection to our childhood imagintion.

Many friends and folks of my D&d ring and several gals from my Sailor Moon Ring recommended WoW, but honestly the Warcraft universe feels so much like Mcdonalds compared to say a Perkins. Frankly I would enjoy my Burger on a plate not in a paper wrapper.

Forgive me perhaps I have gotten off topic, in short and /rant aside, I am seeking a Roleplaying Clan. Or as I have read, Fellowship.

I am creating a new character, Bio/Profile wise for my venture into this game. Hobai Taintedfang. I have created the Character in game already, just waiting for patching and defrag. I have alot of hobby time to contribute and a deep passion for Lord of the Rings and other Tolkien works, who isnt eager to see the second Hobbit this winter?!

Any player advice for gameplay would be GREAT! As I am a bit new to this whole, online gaming thing. But as far as the Roleplaying side of things, seek me! Please! Thank you for your time.

May I be the first to say welcome! I am not really involved too terribly with the community of RPers, but I can say in my limited time I am impressed by the maturity level within.

I hope you find a good Kinship! What race are you rolling?

Quote Originally Posted by kneil View Post
    I have spent a long time seeking the proper online atmosphere to further practice my favorite Hobby, Roleplaying. I view it as much a Artform as Drawing, or Singing...
    Many friends and folks of my D&d ring and several gals from my Sailor Moon Ring recommended WoW, but honestly the Warcraft universe feels so much like Mcdonalds compared to say a Perkins. Frankly I would enjoy my Burger on a plate not in a paper wrapper.
    I too grew up playing D&D.. making maps, rolling physical dice, and organizing characters with pen and paper around elaborate campaigns. When I found out about Lotro many years later, I stepped into the world of mmo's and was hooked.

At times, when Lotro is down, my girlfriend has gotten me to play WoW.. Those few days recently when everything was amiss and nobody could get on were just awful. I understand what you mean about the McDonalds comment.. WoW is too Disney-like.. too over the top and leaves little to the imagination if anything at all. This is especially not very motivating or engaging for role-players.

Forgive me perhaps I have gotten off topic, in short and /rant aside, I am seeking a Roleplaying Clan. Or as I have read, Fellowship...
    I am creating a new character, Bio/Profile wise for my venture into this game. Hobai Taintedfang...
    Any player advice for gameplay would be GREAT!
    It would probably help folks to know a bit about your character. What race is s/he? What class? Have you developed any backstory for your character? (Perhaps it might be useful for you to consider the D&D alignments with which you are familiar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignme...%26_Dragons%29 )

Also, it sounds that you are looking for a very immersive heavily lore-based rp kinship. How have you placed your character into Tolkien's universe? What do you think will become important to you to flesh out in your role-playing?

Much to my surprise, much of the rp on this server I have encountered is light rp-ing, based primarily around music and emotes. Conversely, it has been my experience (at least on my home server) that if you're involved with a heavy campaign-based rp group (Kinship), most everything else will either be secondary or fall by the wayside. Crafting, questing, etc.. You will probably have to forget about, or at least will not be allowed to draw it out into your role-playing without good reason, all the adventures and places traveled to which Lotro allows your character.

Most of the best rp I have encountered is entirely random as it allows for impromptu on the spot reactionary dialogue which can, in and of itself, help to further develop your character. This is also when it becomes most fun because those interactions have a way for giving your character an identity in ways otherwise unimagined.

Best wishes. Thanks for sharing.