We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    /not signed

For the excellent reasons already given in the thread.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by KMUCHa View Post
    People from different forums all seem to agree the grind to level from 0 to cap is unbearable thus them leaving and uninstalling.
    Yes, there are those who feel like that, and who say so on the forums.

Every now and then somebody points out (in a number of different contexts) that

(a) those who dislike something about the game get on the forums and complain about it; but

(b) those who have no complaints aren't complaining on the forums, but are in the game playing.

Perhaps those who dislike leveling alts from 1 (we start at 1, not 0) to level cap are the same people who
    having read a book once, never want to read it again "because they know how it comes out."

Then there are those of us who reread the same books over and over again, if we find them good.
    (How many times has everybody read The Lord of the Rings?)

Tolkien's friend C. S. Lewis wrote an entire book (The Anatomy of Criticism) about how the
    rereaders were better than the read-oncers, but we won't go there.

But to continue; I have two characters at 85, one at 77, one at 59, and a whole bunch in the high
    twenties/low thirties. I'm leveling them all, and when I get one to a particular quest or Epic Book
    I enjoy immensely revisiting that part of the story.

Takes all kinds.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Tolkien's friend C. S. Lewis wrote an entire book (The Anatomy of Criticism) about how the
    rereaders were better than the read-oncers, but we won't go there.
    But now we'll have to go there as well, because my curiosity levels exploded.
    What does it mean 'better', in this context?

Quote Originally Posted by Danchir View Post
    But now we'll have to go there as well, because my curiosity levels exploded.
    What does it mean 'better', in this context?
    Yeah that sounds real condescending to those players that were satisfied with "enjoying" the content once with one character as well as those that flew through it everytime. I was under the assumption that there was no wrong way to play the game? I mean I keep hearing it and keeping seeing "those kind of posts". It is now assumed that player who cruise through content are somehow lesser than those that do not?

I apologize if my "playstyle" offends but I have had a completionist attitude with my first and second toon. With the last couple.....not so much. I would rather spend time doing other activities in game rather than repeating the same content on an exhausting level over and over.

As for the XP boost. I have zero problem with it. We already have double xp weekends and things like that. The only difference here is it lasts 30 days. If you would like to "enjoy the game at your own pace" by all means hit up the store and get an xp disabler. That is what it's there for. Some will argue that they shouldn't have to pay to turn off the excessive XP. Well tough luck, how else are they going to sell those store items?

Quote Originally Posted by Minquinn View Post
    I was under the assumption that there was no wrong way to play the game?
    Same here, never knew people could tell me how to play the game until i made this thread..interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    I'm curious to know how you can state this in relation to LotRO as within ten to fifteen hours of playing a new class you would not be close to having all your skills and traits in place.

An auto-levelled character would also be lacking key class skills and all traits; not a character I would want to go into end-game challenge mode raids and instances relying on.
    What traits? We're on trees now.
    Hinras, Cappy, rank 9 - Highguard of Numenor

Are we talking about auto-level for brand new accounts or are we talking about existing accounts with level-cap toons? Or maybe both?

I'm not for auto-level of new accounts. I do understand that there is really no way to get new players into the game now, and that is a problem. But, I think auto-level invalidates our hard work.

For existing accounts, and now that we have the tree system, Turbine should allow you to respec your toon to another class at the same level. Turbine will undoubtedly screw up the balance between classes and many will be stuck with gimped toons. I'm not implying that classes are balanced now (it is horrid), but it will be worse with the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by AtonuTragona View Post
    Are we talking about auto-level for brand new accounts or are we talking about existing accounts with level-cap toons? Or maybe both?
    This is an interesting idea. Let max-level characters purchase a bound-to-account item in the LOTRO Store that they can use to instantly level and gear another character on their account to level 40, 50, 60, or whatever might be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    This is an interesting idea. Let max-level characters purchase a bound-to-account item in the LOTRO Store that they can use to instantly level and gear another character on their account to level 40, 50, 60, or whatever might be appropriate.
    I wouldn't mind that, it would be great.

/signed

Auto-leveling via rest XP, perks and completition of area % of XP per zone.

little guys would really like this, so yes make able to buy F2P option via Turbine points,

Quote Originally Posted by jackzilla1212 View Post
    What traits? We're on trees now.
    If you're on trees then you're playing the beta and posting that here breaks the NDA for that.

In any case, the trees will still require you to complete the deeds to earn points to use in the trait trees; granted, it won't be as critical, but it will still matter that people in end-game challenge mode raids (yes I know that HD doesn't have raids as such, but there are equivalents in Big Battles) are lacking. I wish it were different, but it won't be I'm afraid.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

All what im seeing from multiple posts is people are getting jealous and mad that others could autolvl while they had to level on their own, that and people not learning the class properly (which is the only valid reason im seeing so far).
    The way I see it, you are getting flustered because you're getting resistance to your idea. Not everyone agrees with it. No need to insult people because they have a different opinion.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Unhappy compromise

Would this ever be implemented? To be honest i have no time nor the patience to level a character from 0-85/0-95.

For those that say it might not be beneficial to turbine, well i think that is wrong. People from different forums all seem to agree the grind to level from 0 to cap is unbearable thus them leaving and uninstalling. If turbine is worried about their profit (because people buying expansions/using tp) then allow auto cap to be dependent on which expansions you have. For example having all expansions till isen, you can only cap till lvl 75. Turbine could also use auto capping by using only the store. This will allow new players and existing players to engage more in the endgame where we belong, while increasing their profits.

To be clear to those who are against this. This is an option, and it is not mandatory. For those who want to level through the current system simply do so and for those who want to skip could.
    The only way I would like to see something like this would be if u already had a character worked up to the max, 85/95. then give them to option of starting at max, without any deeds or traits, being done as a penalty, and with zero funds. I might go along with this but then again I would probably pull the plug as I have 6 years invested in playing this game and working 100+ characters to end level I would just feel cheated. and yes the game is too easy now, so im already losing interest in the game, no need to team up anymore to level your character, guess I can go back to rome total war or something...
    Just a thought...

Auto leveling? /not signed

1. There will be no point of even playing or questing besides BB, skraids, raids, and runs.
    2. Landscape will become pointless.
    3. What's the point of even playing the game or any game anymore if you auto level?

---->>>>Auto leveling is not the same as scaling a character from level 10 to 95 for BB. Auto leveling means do nothing and level up. All BB does for lower levels is just scale their level for the instance so that they can do it with more experience/higher level players not auto level them.<<<<----

Overall its too risky.

This idea will however be approved if a new class is introduced similar to like how Death Knights where introduced to WoW and started at level 55 if you had a cap character before the expac came out.

Incredibly good topic. It summarizes everything that is wrong with today`s gamers

Let Turbine implement something like "high level character" in the store, so that someone can buy it for TP (and mostly real cash), if he really wants to save a lot of time.

I would limit the level to the expansions someone has already minus the latest one (so if someone bought Isengard/Rohan/HD the max. character purchasable should be level 65/75/85). Also they should implement a cheaper version with 10 levels lower.
    Last edited by Sentusar; Oct 20 2013 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Please, no.

This game has already been made as easy as possible. They add this, and I believe more people would leave
    How would auto leveling make it easier? All the harder content is when you are at max level...

Leveling is the easy part, its just a mind numbing time sink, especially when you have multiple alts

/SIGNED

Think about those who play this game mainly for pvp, and have to grind their way to lvl cap to do just that, either implement an "Up-scaling" mechanic in HD for ettens, or please allow some sort of auto lvl so we don't have to grind all that way just for some pvp.....
    Selembar - R12 - Minstrel
    Celem - R6 - Champion
    PvP Youtube channel
    Kinship : Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by LaGere View Post
    The people against this have raider mentality about this.(If you didn't do it the way I did you don't deserve it) and you all see what happened to them! So open up your minds to new ideas and this is a good idea.
    It is not raider mentality. It is a player mentality. You need to play in order to win and not pay. It has nothing to do with the way I chose to play the game. It has to do with the fact that you people want everything for nothing and are bored to play a game and so ask the game to autocomplete itself just so you get everything without moving a finger. I think it is you who should at last open up your minds and stop diving content to end and non-end game.

Same here, never knew people could tell me how to play the game until i made this thread..interesting.
    No, when it comes to you we don't tell you how to play. We tell you to play, something which differs from the first.

Of course I can pretty much already get to instant level cap when HD goes live - by auto-boosting my lvl 10s to max as part of the Big Battles - and no that's not breaking ND as Turbine have gone public on that.

Plus theres there's the other auto-cap method - get a lvl 7 char, few hundred gold and craft away to lvl 95! Might take a while though
    <A sig goes here>

There is a easy way to fix this really, A player has to lvl a character to max level (HD being 95) once, then he can auto level the next toons to lvl 85 (not current max level but previous xpac max level).
    That way he has to experience the game at least once and get to know the mechanics of the game and not be a total liability to the peoples he group with.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000004e9be/01003/signature.png]Halarandir[/charsig]

/sign what BangoTwinkletoes said :P

The early levels are the best part of the game , so why skip that?
    If you ask me, with Isengard the game really got tedious ... Isengard was boring as I walked from quest to quest without a chance to skip any of them. RoR was slightly better, but wildermore was like a bad soap opera that just didn't stop ...

And please stop bashing the raiders, since HD will have no raid content whatsoever (turbine said BB's wont be raids so don't bother coming up with that argument) Funny is it not? Now that the game got rid of raids & instances people start to gripe that leveling is to hard ... despite xp boosts in the store, xp boost as pre-order items, xp weekends, 30 day xp event, xp from collecting stuff, xp from processing stuff and xp from crafting stuff: Wow, this game's going downhill faster than the us economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    The way I see it, you are getting flustered because you're getting resistance to your idea. Not everyone agrees with it. No need to insult people because they have a different opinion.
    Well that's what they implied by saying comments such as "i worked for my level, now its your turn". And i argued politely when people had difference of opinion. I "insulted" those who called me and other who agreed with me "little kids, boys,young gamers". Love how you can only pick me while those who actually started making insults is being put to the side.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    LoTRO is not a pay to win game, and never will be(As stated when the f2p model went active). This idea you propose would conform the game around a pay to win status, causing for alot of panic from those who can't afford to do this.

Any way you look at it, this idea would break the f2p model, would be a waste of time and money, and wouldn't benefit Turbine, or the players(They won't know how to play the class they rolled, there traits will be horrible[If they have any], and they wouldn't know how to use their skills in a rotation)

This idea can not benefit new players in any way, but only hinder them.

/unsigned

Glorgnorbor
    Happy Halloween!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast