We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 189
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    364
    I don't think this is a good idea.

    It might save time for someone who doesn't want to level all the way on his/her character, but when that player joins an instance, the other 2/5/11 people get their time wasted by someone who has absolutely no clue what kind of skills he has, and how he has to function in a group.

    Ofcourse there are exceptions where people know how the class works at a lower level and just want to get cap to play with their friends.

    @Sapman, I would rather have someone in my fellowship/raid that got his character leveled and knows how to play it, than someone who has autoleveled and THINKS he knows how to play his class after 10~15 hours.
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    313
    Everquest 2 offers the option to purchase level capped toons now.. Just wondering how far this will spread in the MMO community.


    As for my opinion, I would love the option for when I want to switch to another server, but be it allowed for only the level capped toon you have already. Example, if you have a level capped mini on Arkenstone, then you can have an option to purchase a level capped mini toon on Snowburn.

    Just my two cents.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144
    But what is exactly the reason to be level 85?

    - Is it because you want to be able to get most powerful weapon and armor in the game?
    - Is it because of want to see new Helm's Deep regions (skipping such amazing regions like The Shire, Moria, Bree)?
    - To be able to group with other people for raids (which is not possible for low-level toon)?

    Any other reason?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    But what is exactly the reason to be level 85?

    - Is it because you want to be able to get most powerful weapon and armor in the game?
    - Is it because of want to see new Helm's Deep regions (skipping such amazing regions like The Shire, Moria, Bree)?
    - To be able to group with other people for raids (which is not possible for low-level toon)?

    Any other reason?
    I guess that's different for everyone.

    -If you like pvp and want to be on your freep, that's a reason to be level 85.
    -If your friends play this game and you just started but really want to play with them, you have to get their level first.
    -Idk in what server you play, but in Gilrain you aren't going to find many players in lower level regions, so if you have a reason to be in a less crowded server, but still like to play with other people, you don't have much choise than to be at the level cap.
    -If you are in a kinship who desperately needs a certain class, and you want to help the kin out, and make that class, you want it level 85 to help in raids.
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Near the Equator
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Namesse View Post
    Auto level a character? Is a Sambrog farm that appealing that you need to be in a hurry to do it?
    If the reputation system was still here, I would give you rep.

    OT: Of course Turbine is going to lose money. What will all those enhanced experience modifier items do now? And if you can get a toon to 95 with a single click like in Bullroarer, you won't be able to learn how to play your class.
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,544
    Well, I wouldn't mind if some level-skipping things would be added to the store, as long as the price is high enough, much higher than the content you'd have to buy for the same XP gain. Like 200-400 TP per level. That would mostly prevent people from buying a capped character without playing at all, but allow people to avoid some areas they don't like. In the end it would not be such a drastic step, given all the XP buffs Turbine has added to the game and the store. And I can understand people that are drawn to the game by the latest expansion and don't want to spend months (yes some people can level much faster, but that's not the norm for casual newbies) in content they aren't interested in.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,299
    Quote Originally Posted by KMUCHa View Post
    *sigh*

    And i just gave you a good few reasons how this would be a positive impact. Big battles will autolvl people to 95 so your reason people won't learn their class is invalid, its already happening.
    So, a lvl 10 can learn all his skills from 1 to 95 in just 1 big battle? I'd beg to differ.

    Glorgnorbor
    Happy Halloween!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by KMUCHa View Post
    *sigh*

    And i just gave you a good few reasons how this would be a positive impact. Big battles will autolvl people to 95 so your reason people won't learn their class is invalid, its already happening.
    1) How exactly is removing 90% of the game content supposed to have a positive impact when there are so many people who ask for more content every day ?

    2) Big Battles will indeed autolevel people to Level 95 but just during the instance and not in open world so your point is invalid.

    3) What exactly will become of Quest Packs' sales if all people just buy their way to Level 95 ?

    In overall even without realizing it you are asking Turbine to destroy the game and I can assure you that there is nothing positive about it. Moreover what you are asking has no difference from cheating where you open a console, type give_all and suddenly with 0 (ZERO) effort you have everything. If you find leveling that boring then I think this is not the game for you as leveling is it's main aspect (like all MMOs).

    Not going to happen.

    /unsigned (a thousand times)

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Namesse View Post
    Auto level a character? Is a Sambrog farm that appealing that you need to be in a hurry to do it?
    Great post, it would deserve rep as it sums up my feelings pretty well especially when it comes to new players it makes little sense to hurry to endgame unless that is all you care about in an mmo (but then you likely will not stay long anyway in lotro).


    However I would not mind seeing that feature in the store for quite a high price and the restrictions like maybe Crell pointed it out.

    I see it as somewhat useful for people playing alts just to fill roles in their kinship at end game e.g., as a nice additional income for Turbine.


    Turbine already tries the balancing act of how to make it easier for new players to close the gap to endgame in a reasonable amount of time. Leveling got much faster, we have now a 100% XP bonus for a whole month. They also let you jump into endgame earlier with the low level minimum we had for the erebor cluster and now with autoleveling to 95 for the big battles.
    They have to do this as otherwise new players would not have any reason to buy the latest expansion.

    It is a balancing act as many people do not like to level fast and many people do like to level fast. I believe that forcing one style is a bad idea and if you force it one way you should have an option to turn that off without paying.
    Of course for both groups there are options in the store to either speed up leveling or to slow it down.

    I would assume that an auto level to mid level range might be coming at one point.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranglas View Post
    1) How exactly is removing 90% of the game content supposed to have a positive impact when there are so many people who ask for more content every day ?

    2) Big Battles will indeed autolevel people to Level 95 but just during the instance and not in open world so your point is invalid.

    3) What exactly will become of Quest Packs' sales if all people just buy their way to Level 95 ?

    In overall even without realizing it you are asking Turbine to destroy the game and I can assure you that there is nothing positive about it. Moreover what you are asking has no difference from cheating where you open a console, type give_all and suddenly with 0 (ZERO) effort you have everything. If you find leveling that boring then I think this is not the game for you as leveling is it's main aspect (like all MMOs).

    Not going to happen.

    /unsigned (a thousand times)

    1) Uh...then perhaps those people asking for more content shouldn't buy the autolevel and not rush through endgame.

    2) The autolvl premium services outweighs the quest pack, and like i said its optional. If people want to quest then go quest, if others want to autolvl purchase an autolvl. Don't worry about turbine profit pretty sure it will increase with this service.


    What you just said is all subjective, i have a smile on my face right now. You just said leveling is it's main aspect, i disagree i would say endgame is. Who are you to tell me what LOTRO's main aspect is, you didn't buy the expansions/subbed for me. All what im seeing from multiple posts is people are getting jealous and mad that others could autolvl while they had to level on their own, that and people not learning the class properly (which is the only valid reason im seeing so far).

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    But what is exactly the reason to be level 85?

    - Is it because you want to be able to get most powerful weapon and armor in the game?
    - Is it because of want to see new Helm's Deep regions (skipping such amazing regions like The Shire, Moria, Bree)?
    - To be able to group with other people for raids (which is not possible for low-level toon)?

    Any other reason?
    I agree with you. I don't see the point or fun in rushing to level 85, but that's just me. Games are suppose to be fun and not some race to the end so you can "look cool" because you have a maxed character. I think most people wanting this are younger kids who have little to no attention span and want that instant gratification without taking the journey to get there. It's just that sense of entitlement they have. Quite honestly, I avoid those players like the plague. I avoid them because they are not playing the game to have fun or for the enjoyment of playing it. They are playing it so they can quickly get to the end and show off and tell other people how they should fight in a group, and those types of players are NOT fun to group with. They are usually the dictators of the bunch or they try to be. That's been my experience with some power levelers anyway. Luckily, the vast majority of players on this game are older and more mature, so you don't (or at least I haven't) run into that many of these types of players who want everything handed to them. The rest of us have earned every single level we've gotten, and it's not about "jealousy" or being "mad." Power leveling would just take the fun and purpose out of the game...nothing to be mad or jealous about, lol. I don't consider my time playing this game as wasted time regardless of how fast someone else levels. Also, if you max your character right away and you are a new player like the O.P., you are missing out on the story and all the parts of the game that make it interesting. That would be just plain boring IMO. My two cents, but I would sincerely hope they wouldn't implement auto leveling outside of HD anytime soon. There are already experience boost packs you can buy to get you there soon enough.
    Last edited by jnv7594; Oct 20 2013 at 09:06 PM.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Well, I wouldn't mind if some level-skipping things would be added to the store, as long as the price is high enough, much higher than the content you'd have to buy for the same XP gain. Like 200-400 TP per level. That would mostly prevent people from buying a capped character without playing at all, but allow people to avoid some areas they don't like.
    This I can see. If they are going to do it, at least make it at a cost. There have been a couple of occasions where I was at an awkward level and done with the quests in one area, but still a little too low level to start questing in the next. Those are times when I wished I could have leveled a couple levels quickly without grinding so that I could move on.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by KMUCHa View Post
    1) Uh...then perhaps those people asking for more content shouldn't buy the autolevel and not rush through endgame.

    2) The autolvl premium services outweighs the quest pack, and like i said its optional. If people want to quest then go quest, if others want to autolvl purchase an autolvl. Don't worry about turbine profit pretty sure it will increase with this service.


    What you just said is all subjective, i have a smile on my face right now. You just said leveling is it's main aspect, i disagree i would say endgame is. Who are you to tell me what LOTRO's main aspect is, you didn't buy the expansions/subbed for me. All what im seeing from multiple posts is people are getting jealous and mad that others could autolvl while they had to level on their own, that and people not learning the class properly (which is the only valid reason im seeing so far).
    Who am I to say what is the main aspect of LOTRO ?! A player perhaps. And one of the thousands of players who have at least understood that EVERY MMO's main aspect is leveling as EVERY GAMES' aspect is progress. You start at level 1........then go to level 2..3..4... e.t.c. I have never seen a game which starts at level 10 and the only actual way for something like that to happen was if you were using a CHEAT and this is what you are asking. You say that we are jealous. Well I say it is you who is jealous because you don't want to put any effort in building up your character while the others do. If you really have no time to play then this is your problem and if you are an adult and work so much then I doubt if you should play video games at all since you seem to struggle with your time. Sorry to say but if you want end game you need to play first that's why it is called END game after all.

    [Edit] and just one more thing: Why exactly does an autolvl service outweight 90% of game content ? Just because you are bored to quest ? Haha.....I don't think so....
    Last edited by Aranglas; Oct 18 2013 at 02:14 PM.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I can't see Turbine allowing this situation:

    1) Turbine loses out on all the content purchases.

    2) It is an easy way to earn free Turbine Points. Auto level to 85. Go back to the starter areas and butcher your 90 sickle flies and other critters.

    Lotro is one of the easiest games to level cap a character. It will take less than two days for folks to get from 85-95. When Mines of Moria launched, the level cap went from 50 to 60. Two new classes were introduced. I remember running into a level 40 something Rune Keeper on day 4. That character was level capped in less than two weeks.

    It took me about a month to get from 50-60 because I have to read everything. I have to look all the beautiful artwork Turbine made like Nud-Melek. I had to fall into every pit in Moria. Explore every nook and cranny. I do not like run thru mobs. The walk to First Hall from the 21st Hall area took forever. Take 3-5 steps. Get out of my way! Move or Prepare to die.

    If you know what you are doing, you are not talking about a lot of time to get from 1-95. Play four hours a day like 7-11 PM. You will be done in less than a month.
    Well said, and this is why doing this would be more of a money sink for Turbine than a money maker unless they made the price of auto leveling rather high.
    Last edited by jnv7594; Oct 18 2013 at 12:44 PM.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    But what is exactly the reason to be level 85?

    - Is it because you want to be able to get most powerful weapon and armor in the game?
    - Is it because of want to see new Helm's Deep regions (skipping such amazing regions like The Shire, Moria, Bree)?
    - To be able to group with other people for raids (which is not possible for low-level toon)?

    Any other reason?
    Totally agree with you.

    I never understood the whole concept of dividing content to End-Game Content and Non End-Game Content. For me all content is CONTENT and it doesn't matter in which area you quest or which instances you do because that is the way the game works. You start as a little adventurer in Archet to end up a Hero fighting Balrogs, Ringwraiths and hordes of Uruk-Hai.

  16. #41
    I don't think it's a completely outrageous idea. I recently leveled a champ to 85 and I don't know how to play champ; wouldn't have been much different if she was auto-leveled. It's at cap where I'm going to spend those 10-15 hours to get instance-ready. I can't speak for people completely new to the game, but for anyone who's been through it once or twice, picking up a new character isn't all that difficult. Heck, my RK did levels 30 through 60 completely by farming (actual crop farming, not mob farming or other) -- I was able to pick up all the new skills and complete Mirkwood rather quickly.

    Sure, I believe that people will miss out on a lot if they only auto-level characters, but you never know, someone may go back and try a character the traditional* way after playing the game.

    *Speaking of traditional, it's not like it's the same game many of us of started with. Many aspects have been changed to support a faster path to end game. Perhaps gate it by only opening the ability after a character completes a level-cap quest? And only if they're VIP (because of the quest pack issue)? I don't know, my point was that there are positive uses for an ability to auto level.
    Last edited by Disparia; Oct 18 2013 at 01:47 PM.

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    It would have to be a premium service that you pay cash for, not the store. 100% not for free. What the heck would you do with an automatically maxed character? There are already people complaining that there isn't enough end game content as it is.
    40+ instances is not enough? ooookkkkk...

    I'd like to have a mid-level generated char. Not 95 but 50-65 (50 would be better as we got revamped Moria, also you need to complete LI intro anyway) would be ok.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    987
    What is the point of reaching lvl cap? The end game feature for Helm's Deep, at least, are Big Battles which auto level you to 95 in the instance. Other than that? No real reason to get to 95 by spending ummmm I'd say 7500 Turbine Points to go from lvl 1 - 95. BTW, you'd still have to unlock the mirkwood instances epic story, you'd have garbage virtues, no experience playing your class.

    Believe it or not, Turbine wants you to play their game. They would absolutely lose out on selling +100% XP scrolls from the store, not to mention many other cash cows in the Lotro store.

    It will never happen.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 8 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Califonia
    Posts
    521
    Personal opinion - I'd not want to miss Mirkword, or Forochel, or so many of the fun zones in the game - they were fun, and in some cases quite scenic (ok, I could do wothout stumbling round in the dark in some zones, but there are always alternatives) How could you skip Forochel?? I'm a Lossoth in my heart <3
    Thing is, you would miss out on a lot off cool stuff and beautiful or fun zones by auto levelling - I guess it doesn't matter to some folks though - the endgame is the only game crowd. To each their own I do wonder why they don't just go play a game where that is the only thing that matters...
    ****************************** ****
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!
    ****************************** ****

  20. #45
    TC if you dont have the time to put into a mmo, then maybe you should look into other types of games. Just because you dont have the time to put into a game does not mean that turbine needs to pander to you by giving you the option you seek.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Califonia
    Posts
    521
    I *think* there are games that have level scaling, sort of a means for the OP to get where they feel they *belong* - played one, found it dull - GW2 - but if all you want is the top end of content, really OP, you should go elsewhere and don't push for change in a nice game like this. Lotro is a great game, and you would miss a lot and I mean miss the *point* if you zoomed by it all.
    ****************************** ****
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!
    ****************************** ****

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    64
    All right Link... Here's the Master Sword and all of your other fancy gizmos. Now get out there and fight Ganon!

    What do you mean you don't know how any of this stuff works?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Califonia
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcainum View Post
    All right Link... Here's the Master Sword and all of your other fancy gizmos. Now get out there and fight Ganon!

    What do you mean you don't know how any of this stuff works?
    Thank you - I needed a giggle
    ****************************** ****
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!
    ****************************** ****

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by KMUCHa View Post
    Would this ever be implemented? To be honest i have no time nor the patience to level a character from 0-85/0-95.

    For those that say it might not be beneficial to turbine, well i think that is wrong. People from different forums all seem to agree the grind to level from 0 to cap is unbearable thus them leaving and uninstalling. If turbine is worried about their profit (because people buying expansions/using tp) then allow auto cap to be dependent on which expansions you have. For example having all expansions till isen, you can only cap till lvl 75. Turbine could also use auto capping by using only the store. This will allow new players and existing players to engage more in the endgame where we belong, while increasing their profits.

    To be clear to those who are against this. This is an option, and it is not mandatory. For those who want to level through the current system simply do so and for those who want to skip could.
    I hope it never happens. Every game that i've seen implement this system turns into Pay-to-win,no thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001edd29/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranglas View Post
    Who am I to say what is the main aspect of LOTRO ?! A player perhaps. And one of the thousands of players who have at least understood that EVERY MMO's main aspect is leveling as EVERY GAMES' aspect is progress. You start at level 1........then go to level 2..3..4... e.t.c. I have never seen a game which starts at level 10 and the only actual way for something like that to happen was if you were using a CHEAT and this is what you are asking. You say that we are jealous. Well I say it is you who is jealous because you don't want to put any effort in building up your character while the others do. If you really have no time to play then this is your problem and if you are an adult and work so much then I doubt if you should play video games at all since you seem to struggle with your time. Sorry to say but if you want end game you need to play first that's why it is called END game after all.

    [Edit] and just one more thing: Why exactly does an autolvl service outweight 90% of game content ? Just because you are bored to quest ? Haha.....I don't think so....

    You do understand that Turbine did something like this in DDO their other FTP game right??? Once you get a lvl capped toon you can start the next one out at lvl7 or 10(can't remember which) and this was with a cap of lvl20 at the time. And i would be fine if once you got a lvl capped character that for a TP price you could start a new toon at the lowest lvl needed to start the latest expansion. and for losing money are you thinking that a vip needs to rebuy any of the quest packs they have already been thru or that a premium at max lvl needs to repurchase any of the expansions or quest packs that they have already purchased. There will be no money lost but there will be money gained by doing this. The people against this have raider mentality about this.(If you didn't do it the way I did you don't deserve it) and you all see what happened to them! So open up your minds to new ideas and this is a good idea.

    /signed a thousand and one times.
    Mean what you say and say what you mean! If you don't there are always consequences!

 

 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload