We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Results 176 to 189 of 189
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by KMUCHa View Post
    Fine next thread ill start is

    "Class changes in Helms Deep!"
    That should be interesting
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    How about lore master or warden?
    When these were new classes, you did use more of your class skills at all levels. We had epic quests that required grouping, we had landscape quests that required grouping, and even if you pulled a group of 4 enemies you needed to know what you were doing solo to survive it. Today though an lore master can be in Nature's Fury line (no mezzing, limited debuffs, weak pet) and take on a group that size without worrying. Then again, in today's end game people will want that pure DPS lore master in their group anyway, and you get laughed at if you suggest mezzing something.

    For my warden I was certainly decent at grouping even before grouping (I had a guardian previously). Thus I was tanking in the original level 20 great barrows, when people claimed it was impossible for warden without getting more levels. Also I kept my warden always ready for tanking even while soloing, since I didn't care if things took slightly longer to kill (before Isengard you could stack very good bleeds in Determination tanking stance, and going with Recklessness actually felt harder to solo with). Now things are weak enough that there's no need to have extra defenses, so where I used to always solo warden and guardian in tanking stance now it's just very tedious for no added benefit.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    Is this important? If someone auto-levels I suspect 9 times out of 10 they won't ever enter the moors. Just like when they level up the old fashion way, 9 times out of 10 they won't enter the moors. Likewise, I suspect 7 out of 10 never enter a T2 challenge PvE instance.
    The OP wants this so he can go straight to the moors, so yes, it is important.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    The OP wants this so he can go straight to the moors, so yes, it is important.
    Well, important to him maybe. I'm sure the creeps will love it but no one else should really care, no? Person spends a lot of TP getting leveled up, a few days later realizes has to double that amount getting deeds ranked up, plus some gear, etc.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    18,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    When these were new classes, you did use more of your class skills at all levels. We had epic quests that required grouping, we had landscape quests that required grouping, and even if you pulled a group of 4 enemies you needed to know what you were doing solo to survive it. Today though an lore master can be in Nature's Fury line (no mezzing, limited debuffs, weak pet) and take on a group that size without worrying. Then again, in today's end game people will want that pure DPS lore master in their group anyway, and you get laughed at if you suggest mezzing something.

    For my warden I was certainly decent at grouping even before grouping (I had a guardian previously). Thus I was tanking in the original level 20 great barrows, when people claimed it was impossible for warden without getting more levels. Also I kept my warden always ready for tanking even while soloing, since I didn't care if things took slightly longer to kill (before Isengard you could stack very good bleeds in Determination tanking stance, and going with Recklessness actually felt harder to solo with). Now things are weak enough that there's no need to have extra defenses, so where I used to always solo warden and guardian in tanking stance now it's just very tedious for no added benefit.

    That's an interesting read, thanks for posting this.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  6. #181
    an intreasting idea.... But..... theres one problem.... Beginning tutorial. On a first character its unskippable you need to go through it. 2nd the intro story also unskippable you need to do the quest lines in order to get out. There fore Turbine would need to A) beginning tutorial on a first character skipable also the intro or B) script the item to teleport the autoleveled character to the first town of either Bree,Michael Deleving or Celecomdim. IF they were to do this i would say the item would be about 10KTP+.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001a67e3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,995
    Quote Originally Posted by KMUCHa View Post
    No....just no. Every word in your post was just amusing tbh, and very subjective. And besides when i pvp 90% of the time i solo, other 10% is when it gets too zergy i run small groups. Your perspective of pvp is completely different than mine.
    Considering that this is a thread in which everyone is giving their opinions on the suggestion... well, of course it is subjective. But at the point where my opinions end and facts begin (or perhaps the other way around; I kinda mixed them in), then it is not subjective.

    FACT: My shortest raid was about 20-30 minutes.
    FACT: My longest was 4ish hours.
    FACT: Rank farming is against the rules and can get you in serious trouble.
    FACT: Raiding and PvPing takes time, the same as anything else (and yes, that includes questing).

    Shall I single out all the other facts in my post for you?

    Additionally, I didn't give any perspective of PvP. I stated facts (which were summarized into Facts #3-4 above). If you want my perspective on it, just let me know and I'll happily share that.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    Well, important to him maybe. I'm sure the creeps will love it but no one else should really care, no? Person spends a lot of TP getting leveled up, a few days later realizes has to double that amount getting deeds ranked up, plus some gear, etc.
    The OP's reason is to get people into PvP faster... Which is why it is important in this thread.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraine View Post
    Ahem.. and I quote this from the official Code of Conduct..10. You may not advertise the intent to, commit the act of, or facilitate the ability of others to commit the act of, unauthorized selling, buying, transferring or sharing access to any Game account.
    http://support.turbine.com/link/port...ode-of-Conduct
    Busted and reported.
    Nop, you are mislead perhaps you should read rule #10 and 11 again. From what i can tell i'm not banned nor will i ever be banned because of rule #10/11.

    While you attempted to report me and said that I'm "busted" lol, i did the same and well....you know who won. Two could play that game

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by KMUCHa View Post
    Nop, you are mislead perhaps you should read rule #10 and 11 again. From what i can tell i'm not banned nor will i ever be banned because of rule #10/11.

    While you attempted to report me and said that I'm "busted" lol, i did the same and well....you know who won. Two could play that game
    Well, it is against the rules to share accounts with another player, and since you are sharing with your cousin(Since you mention you play his/her champ/rk), you ARE breaking the ToS. I believe I'll file a report as well...
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Well, it is against the rules to share accounts with another player, and since you are sharing with your cousin(Since you mention you play his/her champ/rk), you ARE breaking the ToS. I believe I'll file a report as well...
    It applies to real world trading. Use real life currency to gain other accounts, as well as sharing account info with it. People are so eager to attempt to ban someone with different views from them lol.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by KMUCHa View Post
    It applies to real world trading. Use real life currency to gain other accounts, as well as sharing account info with it. People are so eager to attempt to ban someone with different views from them lol.
    No,

    SHARING implies ANY kind of sharing of accounts, not just for monetary trade. You are breaking rule #10, and I dunno how #11 came into it. But sharing accounts in any way is prohibited. Sorry.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,995
    I do find this amusing. Perhaps I shouldn't but I find it a bit funny to watch violators try to excuse their violations and turn the tables on everyone else. KMUCHa, you do understand that you submitting false reports can only harm you, right?

    As you say: "real world trading". Are you a real person in the real world? Is your cousin a real person in the real world? What part of "You may not [...] commit the act of [...] unauthorized [...] transferring or sharing access to any Game account." was unclear to you?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    104
    I beg you all to report me then.

    And real world trading applies to real world currency, the phrase "real world trading" is just the term but it applies by using currency and i have not. Just report me because you got a difference of opinion. I did not report for no reason.....the mods seemed to agree with me regarding multiple posts because it clearly got deleted from this thread (im sure they got infraction as well due to violated the CoC...a real violation). So clearly no harm came to my end.

 

 
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload