We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Auto leveling in Helms Deep!

Would this ever be implemented? To be honest i have no time nor the patience to level a character from 0-85/0-95.

For those that say it might not be beneficial to turbine, well i think that is wrong. People from different forums all seem to agree the grind to level from 0 to cap is unbearable thus them leaving and uninstalling. If turbine is worried about their profit (because people buying expansions/using tp) then allow auto cap to be dependent on which expansions you have. For example having all expansions till isen, you can only cap till lvl 75. Turbine could also use auto capping by using only the store. This will allow new players and existing players to engage more in the endgame where we belong, while increasing their profits.

To be clear to those who are against this. This is an option, and it is not mandatory. For those who want to level through the current system simply do so and for those who want to skip could.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by KMUCHa View Post
    Would this ever be implemented? To be honest i have no time nor the patience to level a character from 0-85/0-95.

For those that say it might not be beneficial to turbine, well i think that is wrong. People from different forums all seem to agree the grind to level from 0 to cap is unbearable thus them leaving and uninstalling. If turbine is worried about their profit (because people buying expansions/using tp) then allow auto cap to be dependent on which expansions you have. For example having all expansions till isen, you can only cap till lvl 75. Turbine could also use auto capping by using only the store. This will allow new players and existing players to engage more in the endgame where we belong, while increasing their profits.

To be clear to those who are against this. This is an option, and it is not mandatory. For those who want to level through the current system simply do so and for those who want to skip could.
    Please, no.

This game has already been made as easy as possible. They add this, and I believe more people would leave(Including me) rather than stay... It's just cheating...

Level 0-95 is the part of the game where you are learning how to play your class, and if people skip that, we'll all be raiding with a bunch of people who have no clue what they are doing...

It *might* be beneficial to Turbine, but to the players, it is not.

Glorgnorbor
    Happy Halloween!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

People will leave because im autoleveling? Well that is just sad.
    Raiding? Aren't they removing that anyways.
    People not learning their classes? How would the autolvl to 95 for big battles work then.

When you say "making this game easy to level", that is subjective. Some people play less than others with tight schedules and have no time to level. I see people playing for literally 12hours, i find it that it is those who say leveling/game is easy. That is not the case for all, just pointing that out.

Spare me the "learning your class" ####. Takes maybe 10~15 hours to learn a class. 1-85 is what, at least 60 hours if you grind all out. Getting a MMO character to cap is not an accomplishment. It is just work. And it might be fun the first time or two but that is it. And for someone who wants to play with a friend 60+ hours of grinding to be allowed to play the new expansion is a nonstarter.

Giving anyone new or old a pre-leveled character is exactly what an aging MMO needs to spark some new interest. I would certain come back and play again if I could get one of my alts leveled up. No way I am going to go through the grind again at this point. Might be able to convince from friends to give it a try if they could join in.

Would this ever be implemented? To be honest i have no time nor the patience to level a character from 0-85/0-95. is. This is an option, and it is not mandatory. For those who want to level through the current system simply do so and for those who want to skip could.
    I can't see Turbine allowing this situation:

1) Turbine loses out on all the content purchases.

2) It is an easy way to earn free Turbine Points. Auto level to 85. Go back to the starter areas and butcher your 90 sickle flies and other critters.

Lotro is one of the easiest games to level cap a character. It will take less than two days for folks to get from 85-95. When Mines of Moria launched, the level cap went from 50 to 60. Two new classes were introduced. I remember running into a level 40 something Rune Keeper on day 4. That character was level capped in less than two weeks.

It took me about a month to get from 50-60 because I have to read everything. I have to look all the beautiful artwork Turbine made like Nud-Melek. I had to fall into every pit in Moria. Explore every nook and cranny. I do not like run thru mobs. The walk to First Hall from the 21st Hall area took forever. Take 3-5 steps. Get out of my way! Move or Prepare to die.

If you know what you are doing, you are not talking about a lot of time to get from 1-95. Play four hours a day like 7-11 PM. You will be done in less than a month.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sapman View Post
    Spare me the "learning your class" ####. Takes maybe 10~15 hours to learn a class.
    I'm curious to know how you can state this in relation to LotRO as within ten to fifteen hours of playing a new class you would not be close to having all your skills and traits in place.

An auto-levelled character would also be lacking key class skills and all traits; not a character I would want to go into end-game challenge mode raids and instances relying on.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Spare me the "learning your class" ####. Takes maybe 10~15 hours to learn a class. 1-85 is what, at least 60 hours if you grind all out. Getting a MMO character to cap is not an accomplishment. It is just work. And it might be fun the first time or two but that is it. And for someone who wants to play with a friend 60+ hours of grinding to be allowed to play the new expansion is a nonstarter.

Giving anyone new or old a pre-leveled character is exactly what an aging MMO needs to spark some new interest. I would certain come back and play again if I could get one of my alts leveled up. No way I am going to go through the grind again at this point. Might be able to convince from friends to give it a try if they could join in.
    You sound like young MMO gamers in my country. Whenever there is a new MMO coming out, the first question they ask often is: is there any auto-program that make my characters go around, kill mobs, pick up items and return to town for supply and selling trash all by themselves? If not, I'm not going joining the game <- Auto-leveling is pretty much the same, just skip all of these 'automatical' parts

Never heard the world "alt-o-holic"? There are people in LOTRO (and I guess other MMO too) just loves creating a lot of alts, which may even same vocations or even same class. Just because you hate re-leveling an alt does not mean that the whole content for leveling progress should be scrapped.

Want to try a pre-leveled character? There is PvMP for you. And Helm's Deep is going to give you level auto-scalling to level 95 at level 10 for Epic Battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I can't see Turbine allowing this situation:

1) Turbine loses out on all the content purchases.

2) It is an easy way to earn free Turbine Points. Auto level to 85. Go back to the starter areas and butcher your 90 sickle flies and other critters.

Lotro is one of the easiest games to level cap a character. It will take less than two days for folks to get from 85-95. When Mines of Moria launched, the level cap went from 50 to 60. Two new classes were introduced. I remember running into a level 40 something Rune Keeper on day 4. That character was level capped in less than two weeks.

It took me about a month to get from 50-60 because I have to read everything. I have to look all the beautiful artwork Turbine made like Nud-Melek. I had to fall into every pit in Moria. Explore every nook and cranny. I do not like run thru mobs. The walk to First Hall from the 21st Hall area took forever. Take 3-5 steps. Get out of my way! Move or Prepare to die.

If you know what you are doing, you are not talking about a lot of time to get from 1-95. Play four hours a day like 7-11 PM. You will be done in less than a month.

I don't think turbine would worry about losing profit if they implement this, if anything they would make more money. Regarding the sickle flies you would get those tp either way if you leveled up the normal way it is just when you will get those tp not if.

Not trying to be rude, but it seems like you have lots of time on your hands. With caping your runekeepers, and not having a problem playing 4 hours ust leveling. I can't do that nor do i enjoy doing that for the next month just to get to endgame.

This isn't about "oh its a young gamer, lets give him what he wants" but rather what a customer enjoys. To some leveling is their enjoyment to others its endgame.

I hope Turbine/WB NEVER entertains the idea of giving people a pre-leveled character. No accomplishment in that at all. Lots of other games out there for you to play and complain about, so have fun. :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    People will leave because im autoleveling? Well that is just sad.
    Raiding? Aren't they removing that anyways.
    People not learning their classes? How would the autolvl to 95 for big battles work then.

When you say "making this game easy to level", that is subjective. Some people play less than others with tight schedules and have no time to level. I see people playing for literally 12hours, i find it that it is those who say leveling/game is easy. That is not the case for all, just pointing that out.
    They aren't removing raids... Just using Big Battles this time around...

*sigh*

There are so many reasons how this would have a negative impact, but I've already given you a good few.

/not signed

Glorgnorbor
    Happy Halloween!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    They aren't removing raids... Just using Big Battles this time around...

*sigh*

There are so many reasons how this would have a negative impact, but I've already given you a good few.

/not signed

Glorgnorbor
    Happy Halloween!

*sigh*

And i just gave you a good few reasons how this would be a positive impact. Big battles will autolvl people to 95 so your reason people won't learn their class is invalid, its already happening.

I think there's definitely a market for selling pre-leveled and pre-geared characters (or a similar effect) in the LOTRO Store. Perhaps Turbine would compromise and allow players to purchase this option to a mid-level somewhere. It might function similarly to the option already available for purchase to skip the starter instance.

This would still allow new players plenty of time to learn their class (which everyone agrees is theoretically important, even if it often has no practical impact on the game), while taking away a month or two of the road block between level 1 and level 95. I imagine many experienced players might also choose this option for alts.

I certainly don't want this, this game doesn't need a bunch of people getting to endgame the day they start playing.
    Levelling is part of the game, the biggest difference between levelling in the beginning of the game and on the endgame is the scenarios, most quests are very similar (kill x mobs, get x items, talk to x person), the only reason someone would have to auto level is to get to the endgame instances and raids faster, and I doubt any one wants to rely on a guy with zero group experience in his class.
    I really don't get the urge to get to endgame, it is as interesting as previous content in terms of storyline, quests, group content... If the older content wasn't good the game wouldn't have lasted so long. I would even say that some of the older content is more enjoyable than anything they are going to make as endgame.
    It makes you look stupid when you want the newer stuff just because it is new, because that is how people who want this look to me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000032046b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It would have to be a premium service that you pay cash for, not the store. 100% not for free. What the heck would you do with an automatically maxed character? There are already people complaining that there isn't enough end game content as it is.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    It would have to be a premium service that you pay cash for, not the store. 100% not for free. What the heck would you do with an automatically maxed character? There are already people complaining that there isn't enough end game content as it is.
    What if it was a level 40 character? Or level 50? Or level 60?

The point is, there are some people who would pay for this (both first-time players who want to catch up to a friend, and veterans who want a shortcut for their alts), and it seems unlikely to hurt the game or other players any.

Using XP boosts for the entire game can essentially already let you skip 42 levels (or more, if you combine them), so how is this any different?

To the OP, I would suggest that you pre-order Helm's Deep now to get the +25% XP item, get the other +25% XP item from the Bounder's Reward event, start playing now to take part in the +100% XP event, go VIP to get daily +100% XP, and buy Tomes of XP from the store for another +100%. Then just do the epic line. Can't get any easier than that.

I would quit if this got implemented..its a game..if you're not playing the game, whats the point?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by OruiFarimur View Post
    I would quit if this got implemented..its a game..if you're not playing the game, whats the point?
    Should it bother us if a player skips Forochel?

What about characters who stand around the Prancing Pony all day playing music?

If someone has never experienced the Rift at level 50, should they never bother to log in again?

If 90% of players never set foot in the Ettenmoors, is the game a failure?

There are probably about a million people who play this game, and about a million different ways to play it. It's an exercise in frustration for me to expect every other player to experience and enjoy the game the same way I do. I've just had to accept this and learn to live with it.

The fact is, LOTRO is pretty obviously in need of some new revenue. I used to hate ideas like this that would "cheapen" the experience of Middle-earth for other players, because I feel it cheapens the game in general. However, if it's something I can ignore, I'm trying to learn to not let it bother me. If this means purchasable mid-level characters, I'm willing to ignore it if it means the Middle-earth I love will be around a few months longer.

Quote Originally Posted by OruiFarimur View Post
    Ok fine, bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    What if it was a level 40 character? Or level 50? Or level 60?

The point is, there are some people who would pay for this (both first-time players who want to catch up to a friend, and veterans who want a shortcut for their alts), and it seems unlikely to hurt the game or other players any.

Using XP boosts for the entire game can essentially already let you skip 42 levels (or more, if you combine them), so how is this any different?

I'm not against the idea, I just think that something like this should be a premium service paid with cash.

The only drawback I can see is less people seen in the lower areas, and I'm not 100% sure this would be a big deal.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

During Moria beta I autolevelled a warden to max level and mucked around with it for a day. I had no idea what I was doing and think information overload was occurring. A few months after Moria went live I began a warden from level 1 and slowly began the learning process with the fewer skills at low level helping me acclimatise to the new way to play this class. Being given all the skills and starting at level 60 was to me a little too much too soon.

Not trying to be rude, but it seems like you have lots of time on your hands. With caping your runekeepers, and not having a problem playing 4 hours ust leveling. I can't do that nor do i enjoy doing that for the next month just to get to endgame.
    I guess you've never....

....gotten Kindred with Limlight Gorge fact.
    ....rebuilt Hytbold.
    ....made Kinship with the Survivors of Wildermore.

And--by the way--go back and re-read Yula's post. It wasn't *his* RK that was level 40 in 4 days, it was one he encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post

You simply have do one of the following : 1 . Disable the earning of Turbine points with Auto-leveled characters. 2. Make the cost per character AND extremely prohibitive to treat them as disposable characters. If it cost you say, the $ cost of buying the each expansion up to the level-cap you skipped to, how many characters would you be inclined to buy?

Give them a set of virtues equivilent to their level cap.

That'd be:
    Moria- (SoA - $30, + Moria-20.=)$50 @ L60. R10
    Mirkwood-L65-($70); R12
    RoI-L75-$90; R14
    L85-$120 R16
    L95-$160 R?? ... and ready to waltz in and enjoy some PVP.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Auto level a character? Is a Sambrog farm that appealing that you need to be in a hurry to do it?

I don't understand this part "This will allow new players and existing players to engage more in the endgame where we belong". Why is the endgame the only part where you "belong". Are there not 84 other levels and many interesting zones? There is adventure to be had at all levels, not just at max level. We level quickly enough.
    I wouldn't like to see the option for an instant max level available to anyone who didn't already have at least one - and they should have to have some training about how to play the selected class before they can do that - oh wait, that's called levels 1 to 84.
    Bad idea OP, and I don't think it would attract the right sort of crowd, leave that kinda stuff to WoW.
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast