We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    you guys are so rude and anti people its sickening.
    By the way, I think you mean anti-social not anti-people.

Just trying to help out!
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

yes blind invites and saying have a nice day are things that would get you hog tied and gutted on a number of lotro servers.

I think you mean anti-social.

And if all of us here, posting on this thread, were anti-social... There wouldn't BE a thread. Posting on forums counts as social interaction, you know.
    Congratulations to Sanrael who correctly solved the puzzle and won 500 TP. Stay tuned for future puzzles!

yes blind invites and saying have a nice day are things that would get you hog tied and gutted on a number of lotro servers.

I'm not sure what your game is here... but...

You don't seem to be taking your own "advice"... considering the attitude behind your comments. In the real world, there is this thing called "good manners". Without exception, those who have good manners tend to get far and are well received. They know how to treat other people well... It is a street that goes *both* ways.

Most people do not like "blind invites" because it can be seen as rude... and disruptive.

However... it is wrong to "crucify" someone over a "blind invite". If you get a blind invite, you can simply decline and move on.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    And you've just hit a pet peeve of mine You make the assumption about other people being rude, extremely rude even. But are you sure you can validate that?

There are a myriad of trivial or more serious reasons outside of the scope of your perception that can result in you not recieving a reply. And each of those reasons has nothing to do with that person being extremely rude.

They could just have missed your initial response for whatever reason. It happens.
    I'm talking about a very rare, but specific situation where someone puts a call out for help, and they get the help they need from one person and ignore all other tells or questions/suggestions in the channel. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it does come across as rude. Most people do have the courtesy to respond - it doesn't have to be individually, but even just in the original channel - with a simple "thanks guys I got the help I needed" so that multiple people aren't wasting their time trying to reach you when you have no intention of responding. As for the second scenario, where I send someone something they were looking for - how can someone 'miss' the mail from me, but somehow not 'miss' the item that was attached? It's discourteous not to reply when someone sends you something you were asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    By the way, I think you mean anti-social not anti-people.

Just trying to help out!
    Not that I disagree with you but I think the term is asocial.

I remember the "One Kin to Rule Them All" contest that ran shortly after I returned to the game after a break ... it was utter chaos. Practically everywhere I'd go, I'd get bombarded with kin invitations, and it got so I could hardly hunt, they were so numerous! While I have not had this happen in some time, I remember thinking that a blind drive to get warm bodies into a kin could end in a disaster of major proportions ...

'Blind' fellow requests are another story, in my thinking. When on of those pops up, the first thing I do is look at the levels of those already in the fellow. Then I reply back to the person sending the invitation, asking what the are tackling to need a player so much higher in level. Quite often the answer has something to do with me killing everything so they can do the quest. The fact that the person they invited gets nothing for their time (just a simple thank you is fine with me) totally escapes them. Now if someone says they've been trying, but mob xxxx keeps wiping the party out, I'm more likely to offer to help them, provided I'm not in the middle of something else. I've also tied to explain to them that telling someone the quest they need help with is nice, just because someone has attained a higher level does not mean they know every quest from their lower level playing time! Some understand, others get pretty rude ...

Why can't we all just play nice and show others some courtesy?
    [B][I][COLOR=yellow]Where am I going ... and why am I in this handbasket??[/COLOR][/I][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Elemiire View Post

I actually had to Google that word, I had never heard it before. And I thought I had a decent vocabulary.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Elemiire View Post
    Anti-social implies 'being hostile or destructive toward the notion of society or community,' while asocial implies 'being averse or non-participatory toward society or socializing.' A subtle but, I think, important distinction. The latter might avoid interacting with others, while the former might actively attempt to destroy or disrupt social activity.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Anti-social implies 'being hostile or destructive toward the notion of society or community,' while asocial implies 'being averse or non-participatory toward society or socializing.' A subtle but, I think, important distinction. The latter might avoid interacting with others, while the former might actively attempt to destroy or disrupt social activity.

TIL

/10char
    Congratulations to Sanrael who correctly solved the puzzle and won 500 TP. Stay tuned for future puzzles!

Wow I ain't heard the term asocial neither before! Learn something new all the time! Learning is fun!

So asocial is probably the more accurate term here right?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Wow I ain't heard the term asocial neither before! Learn something new all the time! Learning is fun!

So what's wrong with shy? :P
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    So what's wrong with shy? :P
    Nothing at all! It's all gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrossbow View Post
    I'm not sure what your game is here... but...

You don't seem to be taking your own "advice"... considering the attitude behind your comments. In the real world, there is this thing called "good manners".
    Come on, CB, don't fall for this. Enzo is clearly either trolling, or posting tongue-in-cheek. Either way, his "you're all so rude" rhetoric is not meant to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I actually had to Google that word, I had never heard it before. And I thought I had a decent vocabulary.
    There are more words in the dictionary than there is space in my brain. Don't worry.

Indeed. And no one feel bad, saying antisocial when you mean asocial is extremely common, but it's a pet peeve of mine .

Yes, I'd say so.

Now back to your regular scheduled programing.

I never answer those ninja invites. For the kinship where I am in at the moment, the leader just started to talk with me, and so later he asked me to join. I am now in this kin for almost 2 years, and I still love it there.
    On an other server I accidentally accepted a ninja invite. But I still wanted to try out the kin. Maybe there were nice people in there, you never know. But no, no one was never very helpful and most of them were so incredibly rude. So I left the kin, and made a own kinship with a friend of mine. With just all our alts in it, so we didn't get any kin invites hehe.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5