We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Your opinion on my soon Gaming Keypad

Which one should I use?

I am planning on buying one of these tomorrow, and, even though it will take me a lot of work and effort, I am fairly optimistic it will be up and running this week-end.
    It's important that I get your opinion, since some of you will see it fully work from very close (and not once).

It is just a game !!

What do you think about it?
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

Cool

I think you don't need this for ganking someone on 500 morale...

Commander Liliam - the Warden

Big fan of razer products myself, but in this case i'd go for the loghitec, has more keys :P

The original Valdez

Quote Originally Posted by Vilda View Post
    I think you don't need this for ganking someone on 500 morale...
    We are not taking of 500 anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    Big fan of razer products myself, but in this case i'd go for the loghitec, has more keys :P
    I was first thinking about this :

but he who can do more can do less.
    Coming Soon

Beer!

~Me

~John J. Rambo

I use a logitech, great kit and very easy to use.

Razor also are nice.

Personally I'm not a fan of Razer nor Logitech, however lately I bought this supreme combo of ones of the newest stuff on market and I would like to hear your opinion about it.

&

Do you think I will be able to set a reasonable macro for the BC spam?

Discuss
    Etheldar - r14 Hunter, Bloodtail - r15 Stalker, Etheal - r10 Defiler, Hailnkill - r8 Reaver

I wouldn't recommend spending any money on expensive gaming keyboards or mice: I broke another gaming mouse in the moors last night
    [CENTER]Weezl R8 Champ, Pherret R11 Rvr, Lagard Fullretaard R8 Burg "retired" ;), Wellharder R7ish DPS WL
    TBP, reluctant leader of Northern Warriors
    [IMG]http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/nmdturner/Forum%20sig_zpsp8qf4oix.jpg[/IMG]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Weezl View Post
    I wouldn't recommend spending any money on expensive gaming keyboards or mice: I broke another gaming mouse in the moors last night
    Control. Learn control you must!

105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

I've found that this is the most popular gaming hardware for the moors.

Last edited by Celadora; Oct 17 2013 at 01:23 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e01000028a7a7/signature.png]Ungolfester[/charsig]

I actually expected you to be a clicker, Mina. The post above me is the one I'd pick, though, if you should lose.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    Which one should I use?

I am planning on buying one of these tomorrow, and, even though it will take me a lot of work and effort, I am fairly optimistic it will be up and running this week-end.
    It's important that I get your opinion, since some of you will see it fully work from very close (and not once).

It is just a game !!

What do you think about it?
    Totally personal opinion here and entirely my own thoughts. I've used both and prefer the G-13.
    Last edited by Sapience; Oct 17 2013 at 01:21 PM.

I suggest you to try to see some videos on youtube and figure out how your hand could fit in them, speaking about the 2 model you posted id' say :
    Logitech one is probably the most poplular and there many persons working on the add on and plugins for them (germans sites FTW )
    Belkin (razer ) Nostromo i think it's a bit outdated , i'd go to give a look to the 2 new models : orbweaver and tartarus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sAcJhcDlTE
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Control. Learn control you must!

I've managed to fix it now Fortunately for me taking things apart and putting them back together is rather therapeutic, although it did get me whacked quite a bit as a kid.
    [CENTER]Weezl R8 Champ, Pherret R11 Rvr, Lagard Fullretaard R8 Burg "retired" ;), Wellharder R7ish DPS WL
    TBP, reluctant leader of Northern Warriors
    [IMG]http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/nmdturner/Forum%20sig_zpsp8qf4oix.jpg[/IMG]

[/CENTER]

Go for the razer one.. Get the razer naga mouse to then you got a nice setup for what ever class you want to play, the logitech is ok, but razer one is easyer on your rist and fingers..
    Laws are silent in times of war.
    War is the father of us all, King of all. Some it makes gods, some it makes men, some it makes slaves.

Personal opinion of course but giving so much money in a non-competitive game that doesnt ''pay'' you one way or another isnt rly worth it.

I had a roccat kone for 4 years and i payed 90 euros till its laser died now i am using a 2euros bitm0re or dunno what it says its already fading away xD and i dont see any difference :P.

Though if you enjoy having stuff like that go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    I actually expected you to be a clicker, Mina. The post above me is the one I'd pick, though, if you should lose.
    Clickers and keyturners.... it reminds me this funny video

http://youtu.be/MzTyGZOtODc

Commander Liliam - the Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    I actually expected you to be a clicker, Mina.
    I still am, and I actually don't expect you to know that when it mattered you would have not noticed.
    Coming Soon

Beer!

~Me

~John J. Rambo

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    I still am, and I actually don't expect you to know that when it mattered you would have not noticed.
    Is this a proper english sentence?... Anyway, gratz on trolling half the forum + our Community Manager in one post.
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Minamata View Post
    I'll go for G13 and see how it feels . Thanks all.
    Oh, seriously...

''You are a troll''
    ''You can't write a proper English sentence''

In one post.
    That's good, you''ll make some jealous
    Actually, the point was that I can't reply to a post I do not understand. But hey, prove me I was wrong.

In the meantime check that
    https://www.lotro.com/en/content/community-guidelines
    3. Grammar Police.
    Don't worry, I am not embarrassed, I won't report it. And I hope it'll stay here very long.
    1. One person, One Account.
    8. Provoking, Trolling, and “Baiting."

Don't worry, I am not embarrassed, I won't report it. And I hope it'll stay here very long.
    Brandywine

I have tested both and the Razer wins hands down because of a much better thumb stick (to move the character around with) in my opinion but of course that could be because I had used the Razer (Belkin n52te) for quite some time before I bought the G13, the keys was okey on the G13 but I just couldn't get used to the thumb stick.
    [center][img]http://i.tinyuploads.com/oif5aN.jpg[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Totally personal opinion here and entirely my own thoughts. I've used both and prefer the G-13.
    Just wondering but do you use the thumb stick to move you character? Just wondering because I found it so misplaced and it was so loose that it was hard to run in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu_EU View Post
    Just wondering but do you use the thumb stick to move you character? Just wondering because I found it so misplaced and it was so loose that it was hard to run in a straight line.
    I've used the G13 as well; I've found it best/easiest to map the G13 stick to QWES in place of trying to use mouse or joystick emulation.

That's Left and Right mapped to Q and E (strafing) and Forward and Back mapped to W and S and using the actual mouse (+ right mouse button) to steer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilatir View Post
    I've used the G13 as well; I've found it best/easiest to map the G13 stick to QWES in place of trying to use mouse or joystick emulation.

That's Left and Right mapped to Q and E (strafing) and Forward and Back mapped to W and S and using the actual mouse (+ right mouse button) to steer.
    FYI, the Mac Client has major issues with the G13, I can't comment on the Razer (since I don't have one) but it doesn't appear to be the Logitech software.

The issue manifests itself this way: Let's say you have one of the 'G' keys mapped to S+4 (or C+4 or A+4); In a text entry box (the chat window, for example) you get the expected '$' appearing, but in the actual UI it only registers as a '4', in other words the modifier key is dropped. It's been this way since the Mac Client dropped and I assumed it to be an issue with the old Logitech software but now that even OS X is using LGS it appears to be an issue with the LotRO client.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilatir View Post

I use WASD + right mouse button which is pretty much the same and I have no problem controlling my character with the Razer thumbstick.

Took a picture to show the difference and why I think the Razer have the superior thumbstick for me, as you can see the G13 one is actually quite small and when holding my hand natural it hit the side of my thumb compared to the Razer which is bigger and hit right under my thumb

https://www.dropbox.com/s/klc3g2ooyf3vj7v/gamepads.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu_EU View Post
    I use WASD + right mouse button which is pretty much the same and I have no problem controlling my character with the Razer thumbstick.

Took a picture to show the difference and why I think the Razer have the superior thumbstick for me, as you can see the G13 one is actually quite small and when holding my hand natural it hit the side of my thumb compared to the Razer which is bigger and hit right under my thumb

https://www.dropbox.com/s/klc3g2ooyf3vj7v/gamepads.jpg
    Good point, it also seems that the Razer's thumbstick seems to have less "travel" to get to a forward position too. The G13 has more buttons but unless you have the fingers of a piano player some of them are a bit of a strech for the ring and index fingers to get to.