We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    You guys can go with this holy war as far as you want. But nothing will change, all will stay on their own opinions.

Just go out and do some 1v1s. If you are smart enough, flexible, you'll be adopting to more fun and fair fights, w/o using some skills you think are too OP for that "certain" fight.

If you think - you do it all fair, but the person you are fighting with abusing using too OP skills - just don't fight that person next time he'll challange you. (it's all about organized 1v1s)

---
    small P.S. about healing classes: defiler, warleader, minstrel.
    If you still trying to 1v1s them - please stop crying about spamming heals. Those classes are for heals and all they can do - is spam heals to survive and do the smallest damage.
    They'll never win other class w/o heals, and same, no other class can win decent one of mentioned above (except the cases when they fight against each other).
    And please don't try to prove you can win decent one of them (r8+), because I proved it wrong millions of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    You guys can go with this holy war as far as you want. But nothing will change, all will stay on their own opinions.

Just go out and do some 1v1s. If you are smart enough, flexible, you'll be adopting to more fun and fair fights, w/o using some skills you think are too OP for that "certain" fight.

If you think - you do it all fair, but the person you are fighting with abusing using too OP skills - just don't fight that person next time he'll challange you. (it's all about organized 1v1s)

---
    small P.S. about healing classes: defiler, warleader, minstrel.
    If you still trying to 1v1s them - please stop crying about spamming heals. Those classes are for heals and all they can do - is spam heals to survive and do the smallest damage.
    They'll never win other class w/o heals, and same, no other class can win decent one of mentioned above (except the cases when they fight against each other).
    And please don't try to prove you can win decent one of them (r8+), because I proved it wrong millions of times.
    Small reply to your P.S the only class that quite honestly only option is to just heal and win the long game is the defiler. Cuz unless someone lets themselves be killed by blight defilers legit have basically 0 dps. Minstrels on the other hand in WS have ALOT of damage at their disposal. I have seen minstrels beat high ranked creeps 1v1 with no/minimal heals. There was a mini on my sever I 1v1ed, and by the time I did him 12k damage he'd already done me 16k because he got some nice crits and did a good job kiting/fearing. I would guess the spam healing creeps "cry about" is when they do a minstrel over 70k damage and he is at full while they have taken like 13k in the same period. Which has also happened to me several times. Minstrels definitely have the option to focus more on damage and less on heals. Spam healing is a definite choice not unavoidable for them. Same for warleaders vs most classes. I use my warleader for 1v1s alot and I limit my heals. sometimes I don't heal at all. with shield bash and some good crits warleader dps is not bad.. definitely not good, but not terrible like defiler is. So to disagree with you on that point.. 2 of the 3 healing classes you mentioned can do something other then just spam heal) now to disagree with your 2nd point. while I agree a good minstrel who spam heals losing to a creep is basically impossible. a defiler or warleader losing to a good freep dpser is not impossible and on my server actually quite common. especially Warleader, I have seen rks, burgs, champs, wardens, and loremasters just destroy them. And I seen rks, burgs, wardens and champs beat high ranked defilers too. though much less often then warleader.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000af094/signature.png]Baneoffirehands[/charsig]
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Quote Originally Posted by firehandsjr View Post
    Small reply to your P.S the only class that quite honestly only option is to just heal and win the long game is the defiler. Cuz unless someone lets themselves be killed by blight defilers legit have basically 0 dps. Minstrels on the other hand in WS have ALOT of damage at their disposal. I have seen minstrels beat high ranked creeps 1v1 with no/minimal heals. There was a mini on my sever I 1v1ed, and by the time I did him 12k damage he'd already done me 16k because he got some nice crits and did a good job kiting/fearing. I would guess the spam healing creeps "cry about" is when they do a minstrel over 70k damage and he is at full while they have taken like 13k in the same period. Which has also happened to me several times. Minstrels definitely have the option to focus more on damage and less on heals. Spam healing is a definite choice not unavoidable for them. Same for warleaders vs most classes. I use my warleader for 1v1s alot and I limit my heals. sometimes I don't heal at all. with shield bash and some good crits warleader dps is not bad.. definitely not good, but not terrible like defiler is. So to disagree with you on that point.. 2 of the 3 healing classes you mentioned can do something other then just spam heal) now to disagree with your 2nd point. while I agree a good minstrel who spam heals losing to a creep is basically impossible. a defiler or warleader losing to a good freep dpser is not impossible and on my server actually quite common. especially Warleader, I have seen rks, burgs, champs, wardens, and loremasters just destroy them. And I seen rks, burgs, wardens and champs beat high ranked defilers too. though much less often then warleader.
    Hehe..What I want to comment - is "minimal heals". Its a BS mate If you let reaver get you to 50% morale - you'll get DS and you are done. There is no such thing as minimal heals. Of course you won't heal up if you are 90%+ morale. But then you go and do it. And it works for all mentioned classes above.
    And about " I don't heal at all". Sure you won't if you see you have at least 50% chance to win certain battle.

You can talk about minimal heals only in case you've agreed with opponent - "I'll use 3 **healskill name**". Then sure it makes some sense.

>>>Warleader, I have seen rks, burgs, champs, wardens, and loremasters just destroy them.

Oh Yeah. I got the same comment on brandywine regarding that WL can't kill good RK. And right in that time there were 1v1s at GTR. And r9 WL was constatly loosing to r12 RK.
    And ppl made their opinion based on that. Then I've logged over to my R8 WL (I even don't have WL DoT, forgot it name; What I had is shield bash, 2 basic attack skills, 2 shouts).
    And what you think ? This RK lost to me 5 times in a row, since folks asked to do it over and over referring that I got "luck".
    So If you see WL/Mini loosing to high DPS class - they doing something wrong (build setups, skills rotating, kiting, etc). That is it.

If we add to this equal ranks, e.g. WL r12 - RK r12 (or w/e class) - then it would be destroyed even faster with less heals used.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    I can't transfer to a N.A. server. What a shame.

I only use it to remove diseases/poisons/wounds/fears. Hence why I don't trait 3b/bracing. But then again, my server isn't very strict, so I also need the heal to "compensate". Then still I might lose to CC-spamming spiders, Impale crits, Commander Stance-switching-WL's and what not. So I'd say it's pretty common to use.

You'll get a lot more QQ about SD than about Sprint, though.
    I find if spiders are too busy CC-spamming, they're typically not dealing much in terms of DPS so with appropriate swaps (2 res for brace cure, then back to rage for free remorse.. if you were a real go-getter then 4>4 with 2hyt/2res>4rage for the 20% heal boost + the curative)

Impale crits there's really not much to be done about besides having high crit defence, and SD is IMO much less effective then sprint as in the worst case scenario you'll be kited a bit versus the auto-win that is 45s of free DPS.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

No point in arguing with people about certain cds. Ya just gotta let ppl play the way they wanna play, they pay for the game like you.

As a 1v1er in the past, I've always been an advocate of not using cds, but I never cared if my opponent decided to use them, it just handicaps them in the long run in getting better imo. If I did end up winning the 1v1, it just made my triumph that much greater if I didn't use any, or if I got close, it really didn't prove anything if they beat me haha .

This being said, with RoR (thankfully ending in a few weeeks), I'd say no one should have issues with what cds are used since 1v1s are skewed with OP buffs anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3