We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Then I suggest you l2p out of Glory.
    I'm a fervour champ 95% of the time nowadays thank you, and honestly your constant accusing and speculating on every thread is pretty annoying...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

I reckon people can use whatever they want to. In 1v1s it is much more fun to fight a freep who to some extent limits themselves as they are so much stronger in most cases then creeps. That being said I will fight anyone really regardless of what they use. But since I mainly use warg there is little I have to counter their CD blowing, so if they are a competent player whatsoever I usually lose. this is the way of the moors. But people I reckon have a right to use what they want, if they want the more boring (in my opinion, I saw a reply in this thread that said cd using makes it more fun and it seemed to be a reaver saying it. if it was a freep I'd just dismiss it as ezmoder :P so I guess that opinion is valid to) and less requiring of skill fights, I enjoy taking fights down to where the deciding factors is who has the better movement and rotation, rather then who has the most CDs to make up for their mistakes/lack of skill earlier, which I have found is what I usually needs cds for.. cuz I screwed something up. Now I saw the OP said something about using 1 or 2 bubbles because you can't really beat reavers without them (forgive me if I got what you said wrong.. it was alot of posts to read and I may have forgotten) I just wanted to say I have seen fervour champs beat high ranked reavers using only bracing attack and dps skills. and I hear rumors these same champs are now leaving out bracing and still winning (fights go both ways of course.. very crit based I assume) So it is possible to win with basically nothing, though I am sure not easy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000af094/signature.png]Baneoffirehands[/charsig]
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Quote Originally Posted by OruiFarimur View Post
    I'm a fervour champ 95% of the time nowadays thank you, and honestly your constant accusing and speculating on every thread is pretty annoying...
    I only said that because you stated a champion not using bubbles is creep food. This is only the case in Glory, with the much lower DPS. If you're in Fervour, then you either need better gear, or... A better rotation/movement/something like that. I can beat most creeps without using bubbles/DN/ISB, depending on my crits and my opponent's crits. Impale crit for example, or VT.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

If you have to use just about everything to win 1v1s, how are you ever going to win 3/4/5/6v1s?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddyfence View Post
    4/5/6v1s?
    Aaaahm... How do you?...
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Aaaahm... How do you?...
    He does it by being a great player, knowing every class inside & out, and squeezing out every last ounce of ability that Turbine has poured into freep classes. Obviously the normal player can't take on that many, which leads to one of the ongoing issues with the moors: The great and well geared freeps are ridiculously overpowered while the new & undergeared might as well not play. So often they don't. But I think the point here is if you are winning using CDs, try not using them or take on more than 1 creep, challenge yourself with harder fights to get better.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    He does it by being a great player, knowing every class inside & out, and squeezing out every last ounce of ability that Turbine has poured into freep classes. Obviously the normal player can't take on that many, which leads to one of the ongoing issues with the moors: The great and well geared freeps are ridiculously overpowered while the new & undergeared might as well not play. So often they don't. But I think the point here is if you are winning using CDs, try not using them or take on more than 1 creep, challenge yourself with harder fights to get better.
    I know every class except defilers inside & out, but honestly, there's no way to beat 6 decent or half decent creeps if they have a healer. There is no way to kill all 6 of them, even without a healer. You might get one or two, yes, but cc/Impale/Shadow Pack make it incredibly hard. Honestly, creeps are not that underpowered. If Kidefence beats 6 creeps r5+, I seriously start doubting the quality of Elendilmir creeps.
    Brandywine

I know every class except defilers inside & out, but honestly, there's no way to beat 6 decent or half decent creeps if they have a healer. There is no way to kill all 6 of them, even without a healer. You might get one or two, yes, but cc/Impale/Shadow Pack make it incredibly hard. Honestly, creeps are not that underpowered. If Kidefence beats 6 creeps r5+, I seriously start doubting the quality of Elendilmir creeps.
    it's easily achievable considering the capabilities of the average player in PvMP. Elendilmir isn't even that bad, something like a 4-6v1 is much more achievable on a server like Brandywine where 95% of the populace have absolutely no clue how to play.

Noone really mentioned half-decent players, that's unrealistic. More the average or common players really.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

You might get one or two ... Honestly, creeps are not that underpowered.
    Heh, being able to kill 2 out of 6 by yourself is not that overpowered?

Obviously the 1v4 or 6 is not a real example, but exaggerating to make the point that the whole CD discussion is pretty silly considering the game is not built for solo balance.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    Heh, being able to kill 2 out of 6 by yourself is not that overpowered?

Obviously the 1v4 or 6 is not a real example, but exaggerating to make the point that the whole CD discussion is pretty silly considering the game is not built for solo balance.
    Where did I say that? ;p Nah seriously, I'm impressed if you get 1 down in 1v6 with decent creeps.
    Brandywine

I only said that because you stated a champion not using bubbles is creep food. This is only the case in Glory, with the much lower DPS. If you're in Fervour, then you either need better gear, or... A better rotation/movement/something like that. I can beat most creeps without using bubbles/DN/ISB, depending on my crits and my opponent's crits. Impale crit for example, or VT.
    Or some creeps know what they're doing and prove to be a challenge...but yeah whatever you say.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddyfence View Post
    If you have to use just about everything to win 1v1s, how are you ever going to win 3/4/5/6v1s?
    Kidd, just wanted to say rq that your pvp videos made me roll a champ and power level up for pvp. Keep making em

Kidd, just wanted to say rq that your pvp videos made me roll a champ and power level up for pvp. Keep making em
    Then learn something from those same vids, and you won't need bubbles/DN in 1v1's.
    Brandywine

Then learn something from those same vids, and you won't need bubbles/DN in 1v1's.
    I'm getting really tired of this...if a reaver uses wrath and every cd on me I personally can't beat them without atleast 1 bubble, I don't care how god mode you say you are. Sometimes bubbles are perfectly acceptable. I don't usually use DN in a 1v1, 2v1 I often will. 3v1 I pretty much have to. If you're going to be a condescending elitist atleast use some logic..not every 1v1 is perfectly organized and easy for a champ to win.

I'm getting really tired of this...if a reaver uses wrath and every cd on me I personally can't beat them without atleast 1 bubble, I don't care how god mode you say you are. Sometimes bubbles are perfectly acceptable. I don't usually use DN in a 1v1, 2v1 I often will. 3v1 I pretty much have to. If you're going to be a condescending elitist atleast use some logic..not every 1v1 is perfectly organized and easy for a champ to win.
    Something went wrong here. I'm no godmode champ, and I'm simply stating that there are other solutions. Wrath has a 30s duration, Sprint is 45s. See my point? And yes, even then you might lose, but 1v1'ing is not about winning, it's about giving and getting a fair fight. Over the past months, this attitude has gone lost (on my server, anyway), and I really regret that. It's all about easy points and winning now. If that's your kind of thing; I'm not going to bother anymore.
    Brandywine

Something went wrong here. I'm no godmode champ, and I'm simply stating that there are other solutions. Wrath has a 30s duration, Sprint is 45s. See my point? And yes, even then you might lose, but 1v1'ing is not about winning, it's about giving and getting a fair fight. Over the past months, this attitude has gone lost (on my server, anyway), and I really regret that. It's all about easy points and winning now. If that's your kind of thing; I'm not going to bother anymore.

I'm fairly certain outside Elendilmirs fairly strict 1v1 etiquette that most servers have this everything goes and win at all costs mentality. It's certainly a hurdle for the 1v1 scene to approach anything close to fair in lieu of that.

As for champions, generally hedge and above are what I and most would consider CD's as they don't fall within rotational use and are once-per-fight skills. Bracing seems to be commonly accepted among most but it tends to fall on the strong end when traited, or 3b deep when it's free. Especially considering the number it's capable of healing for in total should you be competent enough to swap the hytbold pieces in, I know I've seen 2-2.2k crit heals pretty consistently and that's just the initial heal without factoring in the HoT.

Anyways most reavers can easily be kited with horn and hamstring should they pop wrath, and a single SD can easily mitigate what damage they do to you during the time it takes to build a stun or build distance. Sprint probably isn't necessary, defeats the purpose of melee combat to just zoom around ignoring snares anyways.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    I'm fairly certain outside Elendilmirs fairly strict 1v1 etiquette that most servers have this everything goes and win at all costs mentality. It's certainly a hurdle for the 1v1 scene to approach anything close to fair in lieu of that.
    I can't transfer to a N.A. server. What a shame.

As for champions, generally hedge and above are what I and most would consider CD's as they don't fall within rotational use and are once-per-fight skills. Bracing seems to be commonly accepted among most but it tends to fall on the strong end when traited, or 3b deep when it's free. Especially considering the number it's capable of healing for in total should you be competent enough to swap the hytbold pieces in, I know I've seen 2-2.2k crit heals pretty consistently and that's just the initial heal without factoring in the HoT.
    I only use it to remove diseases/poisons/wounds/fears. Hence why I don't trait 3b/bracing. But then again, my server isn't very strict, so I also need the heal to "compensate". Then still I might lose to CC-spamming spiders, Impale crits, Commander Stance-switching-WL's and what not. So I'd say it's pretty common to use.

Anyways most reavers can easily be kited with horn and hamstring should they pop wrath, and a single SD can easily mitigate what damage they do to you during the time it takes to build a stun or build distance. Sprint probably isn't necessary, defeats the purpose of melee combat to just zoom around ignoring snares anyways.
    You'll get a lot more QQ about SD than about Sprint, though.
    Brandywine

It seems very dull to just organize a fight where neither side has any intent to win, why don't we just auto attack eachother then? It's pvp, but by "rules" organized 1v1s might not be about winning, but if I'm parked outside EC while I go afk and I come back and someone has been attacking me and I'm halfway dead, I'll pop a bubble and DN and then try to kill them. I'm not all about easy points, but I am about winning, its pvp, the point of pvp is to win. I'll fight anyone and anything in any size group vs any other size group because thats the point of pvp. People keep making their own rules for fights and get offended when everyone doesn't follow them, a simple rule is to just...I dunno, do basic pvp? if you win, great! if you lose, better luck next time. I get zerged 9/10 times that I go solo, and I always tell my group not to zerg solo creeps just out of courtesy. But if there's a group of 6 creeps and they decide to attack my group of 6 then we're going to fight them and do whatever we can to beat them, same goes for solo, if someone attacks me I'm gonna fight back and try to win, sometimes I win sometimes I don't. If I won every single fight I would consider making the fight a little more fair, but since it's a pretty decent ratio of wins/losses It doesn't make sense to give them that advantage.

[...]
    That's a whole lot of text for saying: I'll pop everything I need to win. This is called "ezmoding" by most. Ok, good luck have fun and all that. Just bear in mind a warg doesn't have 2 bubbles, Bracing, and DN.
    Brandywine

That's a whole lot of text for saying: I'll pop everything I need to win. This is called "ezmoding" by most. Ok, good luck have fun and all that. Just bear in mind a warg doesn't have 2 bubbles, Bracing, and DN.
    You do realize theres a middle ground between "Don't even use hedge, thats a cd and it makes the fight unfair QQ" and "Pop everything" right?

You do realize theres a middle ground between "Don't even use hedge, thats a cd and it makes the fight unfair QQ" and "Pop everything" right?
    There indeed are people like me.
    Brandywine

There indeed are people like me.
    Are you trolling or what?

Are you trolling or what?
    You can say a lot of things about me, but not that I'm a troll. Now I'm cutting off the discussion; this is going nowhere.
    Brandywine

If I'm jumped by a group of creeps I'll use whatever skills I need to to win. In organized 1v1s I won't pop anything larger than sprint, which is a 2 min cd. For the creeps fighting me, pop something if it will make the fight close.
    But really, use what you want. If you use something big I'll just start popping some of my own.
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMxYavklNuY&feature=youtu.be]Second Marshal Kaern - Guardian - Brandywine - Riddermark[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern48 View Post
    If I'm jumped by a group of creeps I'll use whatever skills I need to to win. In organized 1v1s I won't pop anything larger than sprint, which is a 2 min cd. For the creeps fighting me, pop something if it will make the fight close.
    But really, use what you want. If you use something big I'll just start popping some of my own.
    I like you already, you use logic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast