We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bounders tokens

My Home is the Moors, roaming around .....

Bounders tokens

Well, as you all know the BOunders Tokens are piling up on creep side and absolutely nothing to sepnd on except 5comms per single token.

Whereas, freeps can spend all their tokens on lots of goodies including PvMP stuff!!!!

The item in question - exchange 135 tokens for 5 x 100%Infamy/renown boost (90 minutes)

Why can't creeps exchange our tokens for the exact same item????

This is another post to yet again show how poorly treated creeps are. Another post to show how forgotten we are at times like this. Another post to flame Turbine and to show how little they think about creeps.

We have absolutely nothing to spend our tokens on and this could've been the one single item that would've been a nice way to spend them.

Start treating creeps with an even fair hand Turbine.
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    ~ the names Marks .... BiteMarks ~
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by BiteMarks View Post

The item in question - exchange 135 tokens for 5 x 100%Infamy/renown boost (90 minutes)
    They boost infamy but aren't accessible to creeps?

That's almost ironic.
    Purely~Scrumptious

Well, as you all know the BOunders Tokens are piling up on creep side and absolutely nothing to sepnd on except 5comms per single token.

Whereas, freeps can spend all their tokens on lots of goodies including PvMP stuff!!!!

This is another post to yet again show how poorly treated creeps are. Another post to show how forgotten we are at times like this. Another post to flame Turbine and to show how little they think about creeps.

We have absolutely nothing to spend our tokens on and this could've been the one single item that would've been a nice way to spend them.

Kidding me? do you know how easy it is to farm commies with that item? Besides, real creeps doesnt need shiny things, we take them from the freeps.
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

are you kidding me? there's no way you can justify freeps getting double the inf/ren of creeps i don't give a flying swear word about the coms but it's a kick in the nuts to all the creeps who have worked years for their ranks.

i've seen boasting of helegrod runs dropping them 300 a run are you telling me you think that freeps should be able to get a stack of 5 100% ren buff for killing npc's in a pve instance that has nothing to do with pvp at all?

you need to be fired...

...out of a cannon....... into the sun.
    I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.
    I crashed my warg into south bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
    I threw odo into a bag and pushed him down tol stairs.
    I don't care, I love it!

Ticket submitted and this is the reply i get

Greetings Bitemarks.

We're sorry that the festival Renown Boosts seem to give Freeps an unfair advantage.

While In-Game Support is unable to address this issue directly, the feedback has been forwarded to the proper team.
    Thank you for contacting Turbine Customer Support.'
    from +Lepton+

Well, thanks for the reply but that shows nothing will ever get done by you Devs
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    [/CENTER]

Well, thanks for the reply but that shows nothing will ever get done by you Devs
    Are you that naive? Do you really think that submitting a ticket will result in an instant change in this? I'm sure that +Lepton+ had every power to immediately 'fix' this imbalance. I'm not the biggest fan of Turbine's support staff but they have their limits.

Regardless, creeps don't need this buff. Infamy gain is already far too inflated, you want another +100% to make ranking even easier? Such a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by CreepHiveMind View Post
    Regardless, creeps don't need this buff. Infamy gain is already far too inflated, you want another +100% to make ranking even easier? Such a joke.
    Whether or not you want to use these or even if I want to use them, what I am trying to point out is that an item that is intended for BOTH sides to use in PvMP, is only being offered to one side so that means there is an unfair advantage.

If an item is offered to buy using the tokens that is gathered/collected by both sides, then both sides should and must have the same opportunity to buy them.
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    [/CENTER]

K simple, remove bounders tokens for creeps. Solved. And/or remove the ability to buy renown buffs with them freepside.

Quote Originally Posted by CreepHiveMind View Post
    remove the ability to buy renown buffs with them freepside.
    I don't like your tone... :=)

The item i called 'Infamy/renown boost' yet somehow the infamy part is unavailable. Is it a bug? is it a feature? Idk but it sure is unfair.
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

Freeps pay (monthly), creeps dont, its simple and normal.

Quote Originally Posted by burzumaz View Post
    I creep. I pay monthly.
    Purely~Scrumptious

Ticket submitted and this is the reply i get

Greetings Bitemarks.

We're sorry that the festival Renown Boosts seem to give Freeps an unfair advantage.

While In-Game Support is unable to address this issue directly, the feedback has been forwarded to the proper team.
    Thank you for contacting Turbine Customer Support.'
    from +Lepton+

Isn't posting what an in-game mod said to you against THE RULES?

Quote Originally Posted by Linnymay View Post
    I creep. I pay monthly.
    Most creeps I know dont pay monthly, every (pvp) freep is required to have an active vip subscription.
    This fact doesn't justify the current imbalance in the moors (wardens etc), but it does, imo, justify stuff like the op is whining about.

You know nothing Jon Snow.
    Last edited by poxnoxious; Sep 08 2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Because I can!
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Lol i like the part where they say that its OK only for freep rewards..

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

Quote Originally Posted by Gottapee View Post
    Isn't posting what an in-game mod said to you against THE RULES?
    Hide, its the rules police! and hes dressed as a freep!!!
    [IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

There are many people who play both freep and creep - they should have a choice as to which 'side' they want to obtain these PvP boosts on. As another poster responded, there are also people who are VIP who only play creepside.

The basic fact is, for Turbine to only offer these boosts to one 'side' of the PvP community is purely and simply DISCRIMINATION.

There is already a special items trader in Grams, if these boosts cannot be added to his barter items, then they should be removed from the barter trader in MD.

What a joke this entire thread is.

You're all really looking hard for the lack of social justice now, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    What a joke this entire thread is.
    ya know it's a game. It's all a joke. Ur a joke, I'm a joke.

The thing is that allowing freeps a 100% xp boost that is not given to creeps, gives freeps an opportunity to rank faster than those they compete against. That's blatant imbalance in the most simplest of terms.

It's a perfectly valid issue to bring up on these forums.
    Purely~Scrumptious

Looking in more depth at this issue - this could have the effect of making the 'moors more unbalanced and 1-sided. Why? Well, the fact is, it takes a long time to rank up in the 'moors - and the +100% boosts can significantly help speed this process up. Given that each individual boost will only cost 27 bounders tokens (135/5 = 27), anyone who seriously PvPs could grind plenty of tokens until HD launches and stock up enough of these items to last for literally months. This will mean freeps will rank up faster than creeps, giving them an edge with the BFP bonuses - yes, only a slight +1/2% with each rank, but it all adds up.

Also, if these are only available to freeps, then these may have the effect of encouraging more people who play both sides to 'flip' more often to freep, resulting in a population imbalance and leaving creeps more outnumbered ,thus resulting in the 'action' more often being a grams camp - which is a very boring situation to have in the 'moors. Allowing both creeps and freeps to have access to these will give those players the choice of whether to play freep or creep. This will hopefully mean more even populations and balance. Given the current situation of raid vs raid action in the 'moors, in my experience a balanced population with even fights results in 'good action' (definitions of 'good action' may vary) over a more prolonged period of time as opposed to one side quickly disbanding if obviously outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    You're all really looking hard for the lack of social justice now, aren't you?
    Learnt that from you freeps who QQ'd about something we had (Mord's Brands) that you didn't, until they were nerfed and no longer obtainable in-game - and perhaps rightly so imo as they were potentially OP.

But now that there is something that freeps can obtain but creeps can't, you want to keep that as it is? Looks like hypocrisy to me...

Lol no! A few creeps may have bought their toons with TPs (earned on freepside), but most creeps, in order to play a class other than Reaver, are still all VIP and thus pay a monthly sub just as all freeps do. I don't mean any disrespect, but this is another good example of how so many freeps live in cloud cuckoo land, and are just completely ignorant of the plight of creeps.

Remove the damn buffs. As someone else said, the renown/infamy gains are so inflated already that these extra buff tokens are at best another example of dumbing down, at worst an incentive to farm even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    Lol no! A few creeps may have bought their toons with TPs (earned on freepside), but most creeps, in order to play a class other than Reaver, are still all VIP and thus pay a monthly sub just as all freeps do. I don't mean any disrespect, but this is another good example of how so many freeps live in cloud cuckoo land, and are just completely ignorant of the plight of creeps.

Remove the damn buffs. As someone else said, the renown/infamy gains are so inflated already that these extra buff tokens are at best another example of dumbing down, at worst an incentive to farm even harder.
    You really think people pay vip JUST to creep, when they can easily buy their class with with some tp? Most full time creeps are not vip. I play creep 80% of the time so don't call me an ignorant freep, I just think its normal that one side can enjoy some more advantages than the other side, where most players are not paying monthly, in contrary to the freeps. Sure some players pay monthly and play both sides, but thats a minority.

You really think people pay vip JUST to creep, when they can easily buy it with with some tp? Most full time creeps are not vip. I play creep 80% of the time so don't call me an ignorant freep,
    I creep - that's all i do. I'm VIP - always have been - I have creep alts, I like the extras, I like not getting spammed with 'buy me' ####, etc. etc. - so I pay my &15/month.

i'm hardly the only one - in fact most of the people I play with creepside in the Moors on a day to day basis are VIP's that spend about 90% or more of their time Creepside.

Maybe it's 'understandable' that freeps get such an obvious and blatant, albeit minor, advantage, maybe not - but it's certainly an issue worth debating.
    Purely~Scrumptious

Quote Originally Posted by SongSinger View Post
    Looking in more depth at this issue - this could have the effect of making the 'moors more unbalanced and 1-sided. Why? Well, the fact is, it takes a long time to rank up in the 'moors - and the +100% boosts can significantly help speed this process up. Given that each individual boost will only cost 27 bounders tokens (135/5 = 27), anyone who seriously PvPs could grind plenty of tokens until HD launches and stock up enough of these items to last for literally months. This will mean freeps will rank up faster than creeps, giving them an edge with the BFP bonuses - yes, only a slight +1/2% with each rank, but it all adds up.

Also, if these are only available to freeps, then these may have the effect of encouraging more people who play both sides to 'flip' more often to freep, resulting in a population imbalance and leaving creeps more outnumbered ,thus resulting in the 'action' more often being a grams camp - which is a very boring situation to have in the 'moors. Allowing both creeps and freeps to have access to these will give those players the choice of whether to play freep or creep. This will hopefully mean more even populations and balance. Given the current situation of raid vs raid action in the 'moors, in my experience a balanced population with even fights results in 'good action' (definitions of 'good action' may vary) over a more prolonged period of time as opposed to one side quickly disbanding if obviously outnumbered.

Learnt that from you freeps who QQ'd about something we had (Mord's Brands) that you didn't, until they were nerfed and no longer obtainable in-game - and perhaps rightly so imo as they were potentially OP.

But now that there is something that freeps can obtain but creeps can't, you want to keep that as it is? Looks like hypocrisy to me...
    Oh yes. This MUST be a deeply set issue that's changing the active gameplay mechanics of the ettenmoors in a fashion by which ~1/3 of your factions utilities are useless for up to two minutes of active combat. How could I not realise this?
    Perfect comparison. Really? Mord brands versus a renown buff? That's your argument point?

Quote Originally Posted by Linnymay View Post
    ya know it's a game. It's all a joke. Ur a joke, I'm a joke.

The thing is that allowing freeps a 100% xp boost that is not given to creeps, gives freeps an opportunity to rank faster than those they compete against. That's blatant imbalance in the most simplest of terms.

It's a perfectly valid issue to bring up on these forums.
    Sure it's valid. But it's still a waste of space. Answer this.
    How many combat advantages does this give your opponents?

Rhetorical, it doesn't do ####. The rate at which someone else ranks up does not affect your gameplay in the slightest.

Do all of you get this pissy towards the people that consistently make up to double/triple your daily gains?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast