We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Pay by mobile LATIN AMERICA

It has come to my attention that "the service is currently unavailable" to buy turbine points via BOKU for the entire Latin america region... is this going to be an issue or are you guys going to restore our possibility of adding points via cell phones companies like we used to do.

I've aaaaaaaaalready wrote tickets to Turbine, Paymo, Boku , and each and every one is setting the ball to the "others" camp. Turbine says that I should contact paymo... paymo boku and turbine , and Boku turbine and paymo...

Yet, in the meantime, Latin people are being discriminated from buying turbine points like everyone else...

Please, do take in consideration your customers down under...

Paula, from Argentina.

Re: Pay by mobile LATIN AMERICA

Quote Originally Posted by Orewen View Post
    It has come to my attention that "the service is currently unavailable" to buy turbine points via BOKU for the entire Latin america region... is this going to be an issue or are you guys going to restore our possibility of adding points via cell phones companies like we used to do.

I've aaaaaaaaalready wrote tickets to Turbine, Paymo, Boku , and each and every one is setting the ball to the "others" camp. Turbine says that I should contact paymo... paymo boku and turbine , and Boku turbine and paymo...

Yet, in the meantime, Latin people are being discriminated from buying turbine points like everyone else...

Paula, from Argentina.
    Yes, please fix this .. !!!!

Esteban, From Argentina!

The number of latin american players is increasing, really I can´t see why this problem isn´t solved yet.

Yesica from Argentina

Paula, from Argentina.

This is going to solve???????

Paula, from Argentina.
    at least have the decency to answer this, right? i mean, despite the fact that we aren´t north american/europe users we have the right to complain and to be hear, please, at least take the time to let us know that you have read this and are trying to solve the problem.

Thank you

Rodrigo From Argentina

Hey all,

I am very sorry to hear you are having trouble making mobile phone payments in the LOTRO Store. This is an issue we are aware of, and we have been corresponding with PlaySpan and Boku to investigate further. At this time, we don't have an estimate on when the issue will be resolved.

-Carpe Noctem

Issue

HI! I'm from Argentina also and in the past 2 months i haven't been able to buy TP thru SMS no idea why :/ i think maybe is a problem that boku has with Arg? Not sure :/ but pls if anybody knows an answer give it to me cause i'm desperate cause i want to buy as much TP as possible for Rohan thanks a lot!

Same here

Hi, im from Argentina and I have the same problem. Is there any news about this? As I dont have a credit card, sms was my only way for buying TP. Im stuck now, as i cant buy another quest pack or expansion. Please give us an estimate day at least.

Hey guys, did someone discovered an alternative method to buy points? I'm in the same situation. I have no credit card, my only way to buy points Turbine was using my cell phone. I stopped playing for a long time and I started again a few days ago, and I find that the system does not work since March. There is no secondary method, like a new option or something like that? Please guys, we really need it to progress.
    Facundo from Argentina.

unfortunately for this inconvenience, everyone in my kinship, left the game, only 3 people were standing, although alone ... Still no solution for this? .

and finally works! and better than before! Thanks turbine! Too bad it took so long .. but hey!!, to get started again!

Is this still working for you guys? Because it's not working for me

Quote Originally Posted by Malthus0 View Post
    Is this still working for you guys? Because it's not working for me
    You are reading a thread from 2012 describing what functionality and payment methods were available in the past - 2012. Turbine replaced their back end systems including payment around February 2013. When the new 2013 system came on line it did not support as much functionality as the old system.

From what I've read a number of the payment methods were not used by many people. Therefore did not generate many dollars for Turbine. Turbine appears to have decided that the cost of offering these services were not profitable. Turbine got rid of it.

It is a common practice at all companies.

Made up numbers to illustrate the issue. You add a service like iDeal from the Netherlands. It costs you 500 dollars a month to support iDeal. We only sold 1,000 dollars worth of goods via iDeal. Our net is 1,000 dollars in sales - 500 dollars to support ideal - 800 dollars other expenses = 300 dollar loss. It was a nice idea. We are not going to support iDeal any more.

My personal opinion. In 2012, Turbine in the situation of expenses company were too high. Turbine was not meeting their monthly, quarterly dollars after expenses goals. When a person or company gets into the lack of money problem. Cost cutting takes place. The more obvious cost cutting in 2012 which has continued into 2013 was the termination of some employees in October 2012. The ending of French and German support for DDO. The shutdown of MyLotro. Although Turbine has not talked about it - Turbine has streamlined their payment, accounting and other backend systems.

I've run into this situation trying to buy physical goods in local stores. You do not sell this anymore? Not people buy it. We put a hotter selling item on the shelf. One such example is the bags that my vacuum cleaner used. I have to order them from a mail order house a 1,000 miles away. Eventually I may have to buy a new vacuum cleaner to replace my working cleaner because I can't get bags for it.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thank you for all that info, my question is answered

Glad to know many argentinians like me are playing this game
    I've never used the mobile option, but I'm having issues with the HD pre-purchase right now, using credit card.
    Any of you guys have had a similar problem? any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Yanina from Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Glad to know many argentinians like me are playing this game
    I've never used the mobile option, but I'm having issues with the HD pre-purchase right now, using credit card.
    Any of you guys have had a similar problem? any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Yanina from Argentina.
    I read a number of people from Argentina have problems. The issue is that the Argentina Peso has no value outside of the country unless you are talking about your neighbors. I do not think there is a bank in the USA that will accept your Pesos. I believe what happens is that s double currency transaction has to take place. Argentina Pesos have to be converted into something like Chilean Pesos. Once that transaction is done, the Chilean Pesos can be converted into US Dollars to buy something like Helms Deep. It is an expensive process. Expect to pay two to three times the official exchange rate. The official rate only applies to folks like me - have dollars - want to buy Argentian Pesos.

It maybe that the bank that issued your credit card can only do a direct conversion of Argentina Pesos to US Dollars. If so, that is going to be problem.

My personal opinion, the problem is caused by the Argentina national government. It appears the government in a restriction on conversion of Argentina Pesos to dollars. Most likely to prevent capital flight - people converting Pesos to dollars - storing the dollars as paper currency - or sending it to another country. Which resulted in the previously mentioned problem of USA banks not taking Argentina Pesos because they were unable to do anything with them.

You might want to contact your bank to see what your options are.

Yula, thanks, I appreciate your input a lot.

I'm well aware of our government restrictions on currency exchange. Nevertheless, purchases that have to be paid in US dollars using CC only get a 20% plus over the amount of the payment. You can't have dollars in cash, but the purchase is not forbidden, just more expensive.
    The CC I use is a VISA and it's not only paying for my LOTRO subscription but also for my Netflix one.

I've submitted a ticket to Turbine coz all I'm gettin, in the last step of the purchase, is : ERROR There was a problem with this request.
    Not enough info.

And yes, I'll call the bank anyways to inform myself

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Yula, thanks, I appreciate your input a lot.

I'm well aware of our government restrictions on currency exchange. Nevertheless, purchases that have to be paid in US dollars using CC only get a 20% plus over the amount of the payment. You can't have dollars in cash, but the purchase is not forbidden, just more expensive.
    The CC I use is a VISA and it's not only paying for my LOTRO subscription but also for my Netflix one.

I've submitted a ticket to Turbine coz all I'm gettin, in the last step of the purchase, is : ERROR There was a problem with this request.
    Not enough info.

And yes, I'll call the bank anyways to inform myself

Thanks again
    It may not be your bank that is doing the conversion from Pesos to US Dollars. It maybe the USA bank and or credit card processing company that Turbine uses that is doing the currency conversion. If so that is going to be a problem.

Who did the currency conversion was a big deal when I lived in Europe. You go a much better exchange rate for example if Deutsche Bank was doing the conversion instead of my bank in South Florida. Back in the 1980s, when I had a paper check drawn on one of the European currencies (this was before the Euro) the charge was a flat 50 dollars plus 30% more than the Europe rate. Another annoyance was coming to visit family and friends and carrying travelers checks issued in US Dollars. They would go -Deutsche Bank can't issued travelers checks in dollars - They are a German bank - They have to use Deutsche Marks.

Of course roll it forward to 2013 it not that bad anymore. It still more cost effective to take Euros and convert them in Europe to dollars. Buy with the dollars.

You can get much better than the 5.8 or so Argentina Pesos per dollar by bringing paper dollars into Argentina. Pay your bills with dollars - it is a ten Pesos - take a US one dollar bill? Sure. Or find someone to take your dollars for Pesos without using the official money changers. It is not only Argentina that you can go this route. Some countries have these rules where you must convert at least x dollars on arrival. You got to spend them. You can't convert the local currency back to dollars.

We have a collection of foreign currency at home. Some of which we trade or give to friends and relatives. The USA is one of the few countries with bland unattractive same sized bills. If you ever seen something like an old style green Deutsche Bank bill, dollar bills are not longer deserve the green designation. I used to carry one of the green bills just to show to people how ungreen USA dollar bills are.