I was curious to see what our +50% crit multiplier did for our dps, so I calculated what my % dps increase would be with the legacy and without. Why you ask? Well, you see, it all began a while ago when I picked up pvp again in RoR. RoR PVE was dying or already dead, it was summer time, I was bored, so I created a First age 2 hander to swap for my ardour build, and decided to also make it dual purpose so I put on -120 sudden defense cd, +sprint duration, rend bleed, rend pulses(or is it armour reduction on sword), brutal attack, wild attack, and battle frenzy cd. Anyway, I made this 2h sword for swapping purposes, and later just used that for pvp while in fervour. I recently realized I've been using it all this time WITHOUT the +50% crit multiplier legacy. Was I still successful? well, yes! But I wasn't seeing dps parses as high as other champs with similar values of might and crit, so I looked around and realized I didn't have this legacy.
So here's what I was working with:
Assume for a second each attack we have does 1 damage (for simplification purposes). No matter if it was crit, dev, or normal attack. Also assume our crit is capped. So if we did 100 attacks, we would do 100 damage:
crit + dev + norm = 100 attacks
25 + 10 + 65 = 100 damage
Now when I add on multipliers of 175% for crit(without the legacy), 200% for dev, and 100% for norm, I get:
1.75(25) + 2(10) + 1(65) = 128.75
But this isn't always true because sometimes, when wild attack crits, I yield +5% crit chance, so during those times it's 30% crit, 10% dev, and 60% normal so:
1.75(30) + 2(10) + 1(60) = 132.2
Now, I know that if I used DW on WA my chance of proc'ing the crit is 58% and my chance of not proc'ing the crit is then 42%, so to find my total damage under these circumstances I have to weigh the values based on my crit proc:
(128.75)42 + (132.2)58 = 130.75. So without the crit multiplier my damage is 130.75
WITH the crit multiplier my new calculations are:
2.25(25) + 2(10) + 1(65) = 141.25 when the crit proc is not active
2.25(30) + 2(10) + 1(60) = 147.5 when the crit proc is active
and weighing these values:
(141.25)42 + (147.5)58 = 153.35 So with the crit multiplier my damage is 153.35
This is a difference of 22.75% damage. To calculate damage increase, it's 22.75/130.75 which gives me:
17% increase in damage, and since these two differences would be over the same amount of time, a 17% increase in dps.
I'm an idiot :/
This is obviously an oversimplification of a few things to make the math easier. For example, when I proc wild attack, it lasts for 6 seconds, which is plenty of time to refresh it once again to continue the cycle. Also, it doesn't take into account extra multipliers for WA and brutal strikes due to set bonuses among other things i'm sure I've overlooked. However, I feel the calculated value is close to the real value.