We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Burglar DPS

Burglar DPS

Today I encounterd a questionable burglar in the Ettenmoors on the Snowbourn server. He was able to kill my creep in 5.1 seconds. I have a combat log wich shows he did 50 attacks in 5.1 seconds. Doing 3.242 dps and total of 16,433 in 5.1 seconds. Now this player is using so called macro's and an exploit with the armour set. He uses a mix of lvl 75 Draigoch armour and 1 piece of Ettenmoors armour. This player was caught more then a month ago. Several people have written tickets including me. These tickets were all closed within 2-3 minutes saying that it was being investigated. Well over a month later and I stil catch this Burglar using his 'cheats' Now how come that this player can use these 'cheats' for over a month while being caught on film and screenshots and nothing has been done about it so far. Are players who pay for the game each month to play PvP being protected by Turbine? Are they scared that they lose money if they take actions against people like this? This form of cheating is clearly forbidden by the Turbine rules and anyone disobeying the Turbine rules should be punished accordingly. Now many people on the Snowbourn server have written tickets troughout the month of September. Nothing has been done so far and I am talking for many creeps here as I say ; Take actions against this player wo is destroying the Lotro PvP experience and is disobeying Turbine rules!

So Turbine get something done about it or you are going to lose many players if you let people use exploits to their advantage.

Here is video to proof even more.

NOTE :

Not my video. Was posted by someone else and can be found on YouTube by everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pv4U...jSr0Bg&index=5
    Last edited by Archerio; Oct 16 2013 at 12:40 PM.

That's a very old CD exploit. It was spreading like wildfire in RoI but I thought it got fixed. But it's bannable i assume and you should not be advertising here to people who don't know it exists. That is also not cool bringing it in public. Of course I understand how he is ruining your server and it needs to be taken cares of. So i recommend send proof to turbine and report again until they hear you.

I did some research and the problem is like this :

Take a look at the Riddle Teller's Gear.

Now these are the bonuses for the armour set :

Totals (including set bonuses): Armour 3770, +732 Agility, +183 Vitality, +183 Fate, +142 Maximum Power, +108 in-Combat Power Regen, +1992 Finesse Rating, +600 Physical Mastery Rating, -85% Well-placed Strike Induction Time, -50% Tricks Power Cost

Now take a closer look at this :

-85% Well-placed Strike Induction Time

Now this is what the burglar does. Places the Well-placed Strike on a macro. This way the Burglar is able to spam this attack 10 times+ per second. Now all that Turbine has to do to get this of this problem is changing the armour bonus. Now this is a lvl 75 Draigoch armour that is around for more then a year now. If people use this against npc's that is one way , but if they use it in pvp that is a different story. '

Now turbine please take a look at this problem. Every burglar playing Lotro is able to use this exploit. Wich means hundreds of people are able to do this. And like I said a burglar with using this exploit is almost impossible to defeat.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Archerio; Oct 16 2013 at 01:38 PM.

so much for making sure other clueless burgs don't ever know how to do this....

You painted a trail man, and the truth is that the people who fix this stuff aren't gonna see it here.

More than likely you did speed up the process of fixing it, since now there's gonna be many many burgs using this exploit, and thus will require a swift response from turbine.

Or more than likely than that is now there's gonna be many many burgs using this, and turbine won't do anything about it until HD.

HOw does it feel knowing you contributed to the problem more than you helped it?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    so much for making sure other clueless burgs don't ever know how to do this....

You painted a trail man, and the truth is that the people who fix this stuff aren't gonna see it here.

More than likely you did speed up the process of fixing it, since now there's gonna be many many burgs using this exploit, and thus will require a swift response from turbine.

Or more than likely than that is now there's gonna be many many burgs using this, and turbine won't do anything about it until HD.

HOw does it feel knowing you contributed to the problem more than you helped it?
    Well hiding away from it and pretending it isn't happening isn't going to solve it either. For a problem to be fixed it has to be a big and a known problem. People wo use this exploit all take the risk of getting banned. That enough should be keeping people away doing it. I want this to become widespread. If this remains hidden it is never going to be solved. And Turbine wants you to report bugs and problems , and that is what I am doing. I am putting this problem with all the evidence right infront of their noses.

Ouch, thought this was fixed some time ago...
    Looking forward to the burglars experimenting with Well-placed Strike though
    Dobb - Burglar R13
    Thar - Guardian
    now on [DE-RP]Belegaer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz8ZvHFuh6N7VByCiHXLpaw

Maybe the problem here is not the armor bonus in itself? Maybe the problem is that macros that makes it possible to spam the same skill more than 10 times per second? Something I would never bee able to do with just using my keyboard.

I have seen somewhat of the same problem with loremasters giving my creep 3 burning embers and 1 wizards fire in the time of just under 1,5 second. Something they would never bee able to do without macros.....

But I guess using macros is a sign of skill?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    clueless
    Just about sums up this entire thread.

I was going to support the OP until I saw his next video calling out a player as a chicken while you chase him around with your "brave" zerg group. Now I think it's funny this burg is griefing you.

On another note, wt f does well placed strike have to do with macro spamming counter defence? I think you need to do more research. On one final note, using macros is pretty lame to begin with. I bet the OP uses them though. Anything to win right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    I was going to support the OP until I saw his next video calling out a player as a chicken while you chase him around with your "brave" zerg group. Now I think it's funny this burg is griefing you.

On another note, wt f does well placed strike have to do with macro spamming counter defence? I think you need to do more research. On one final note, using macros is pretty lame to begin with. I bet the OP uses them though. Anything to win right?
    If you had read my post more carefully you would have known that I did not made that video , neither is it my channel or has anything to do with me. After the incident I googled the burglar's name and I found the video doing so. I only posted it here to give to you a visual idea of how it looks like.

I am happy to report that this user is still using cheats/macro's on my server. Shows that Turbine allowing people to use cheats in PvP. It is a form of rank farming in my eyes so that is probably also allowed by Turbine. Good job Turbine, do not punish cheaters in any sort of way.

Surprised how this thread is still alive. Considering Turbine's logic is "No discussion about exploits, because we can't be arsed to fix 'em, so we pretend they don't exist". "The less they know about 'em, the better".

Anyways on-topic, I know the macro exploit, I saw it first time the first days of RoI. It is game-breaking since it can down pretty much anyone in 3 seconds. It is bannable though (or at least it was back then). Not sure if it still exists, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.. lol It's Turbine we're talking about! ..Whaa? It's just a gamebreaking exploit and it's only in-game for 2 years now? What's the big deal?!

lol