We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

We Cannot Get Out, Chamber Guide

I recently got my Warden to Volume III, Book 2 Chapter 9: We Cannot Get Out. While in the session, I found it increasingly difficult to actually complete the instance, as I kept dying before Mazog could deliver the final blow. Looking on the forums, the only advice I found was to use Bracing Attack to heal myself to survive long enough. BUT, it seems that along the journey to HD, Bracing Attack caught a bug, because I can see the skill, but I can never use it. After a couple more tries, I gave up and decided to skip the rest of the Moria Epic Quests. This seems pretty common, because lots of others had resolved to do the same. I gave it one more try and accidentally stumbled upon an easy fix to my problem.

TL,DR: Once you're in the Chamber of Mazarbul, defeat both waves of orcs, and then WAIT IN THE HALLWAY before the entrance to the Chamber. Mazog and his 2 orcs will continue to enter the chamber and talk to you, but will not attack. Then the two orcs will turn around and attack you. Defeat them and then attack Mazog. Once you get his morale down to 11K, you should be able to run around and survive long enough to complete the instance. Also, use Fire Under the Mountain.

Thanks for that I could not complete this until I tried this trick.
    I love Wargs.

Quote Originally Posted by RaetotheRae View Post
    I recently got my Warden to Volume III, Book 2 Chapter 9: We Cannot Get Out. While in the session, I found it increasingly difficult to actually complete the instance, as I kept dying before Mazog could deliver the final blow. Looking on the forums, the only advice I found was to use Bracing Attack to heal myself to survive long enough. BUT, it seems that along the journey to HD, Bracing Attack caught a bug, because I can see the skill, but I can never use it. After a couple more tries, I gave up and decided to skip the rest of the Moria Epic Quests. This seems pretty common, because lots of others had resolved to do the same. I gave it one more try and accidentally stumbled upon an easy fix to my problem.

TL,DR: Once you're in the Chamber of Mazarbul, defeat both waves of orcs, and then WAIT IN THE HALLWAY before the entrance to the Chamber. Mazog and his 2 orcs will continue to enter the chamber and talk to you, but will not attack. Then the two orcs will turn around and attack you. Defeat them and then attack Mazog. Once you get his morale down to 11K, you should be able to run around and survive long enough to complete the instance. Also, use Fire Under the Mountain.

Thank you very much for this tip. Standing in the hallway gave me enough time to heal up enough to be able to complete this quest. I don't understand why it is taking so long for this to be fixed? But I am glad you took the time to post this up.

Not to put too fine a point on this but there are many ways to do this and this advice has already been given in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    Not to put too fine a point on this but there are many ways to do this and this advice has already been given in another thread.
    I didn't see the other thread and this advice did help me. I had tried this quest several times and failed this morning. Following this advice allowed me to complete a frustrating ordeal. I watched the you tube video and came here. This is what worked for me and I am happy.

Glad to help

Then you didn't search well enough, I'm glad you were able to finish the instance but this was and has been sitting around for a bit longer:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Advice-needed

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    Methods from the other thread:

• Luck (hardly a strategy)
    • GM autocomplete (later people report this is no longer working)
    • The OP's wonderful suggestion (buried in the middle at posts 15-18 of 43 total and quite easy to miss)
    • Ledge exploit (can exploits be counted as a method?)
    • Use the same tactics you've always used. "I don't know what your problems are then because pre-HD or post-HD I am able to get thru it just fine using the same tacctics I've always used." - Madmanthief

Overall, I think this is a far better thread with the advice right at the top and the other methods (if they can even be considered methods) stripped away. My thanks to the OP for making a new, quick and easy-to-use thread instead of necroing the old one that required reading through 14 posts before getting to the information we want.
    -

There was another thread on this where I gave a tactic that worked fine for my kinmates but I see you only decided to use 1 quote by me in that thread to show what a better thread this one was.

From another thread:

jnmoriginpointSolution

This is a xpost from the other discussion, but I found a solution thanks to a few people's suggestions

With the advice I read about trying some tricks, I decided to give it one last shot. The simple solution is that when you get to the chamber of Marzabul, you write in the book. Immediately thereafter run outside the chamber to the hall. Jump on the ledge there and wait. The dwarves will all die (too bad, so sad, but all's fair in love and war). Go back in, kill the few remaining mobs. Run back out and jump on the ledge. There will be a wave of orcs that spawn. Once you're all healed up, jump down and kill them. Jump back up on the ledge. While Mazog goes into the chamber, his 2 walkers come back out. Kill them - jump back on the ledge to heal. Aggro Mazog, jump back on the ledge to fight him. He goes green. 2 battle trolls show up and walk into the room because you're on the ledge. If you fought Mazog on the ground and he "goes green" those 2 battle trolls will aggro you out in the hall and you're done for.

But again nobody wants to do extended searches for all topics on a subject.

Don't get me wrong it's good that the OP put this up, if it helps out, but it's by far not the first suggestion on how to accomplish this instance since it was borked.