We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can I buy a War Steed skin if I don't have a War Steed yet?

Here is what im trying to do. I have moria and mirkwood expantions. I entend to get RoR and want to buy a skin that is available right now. I dont have a character that has a war steed yet but I want to buy this skin so when I do have my war steed Ill have it available. When I go to buy the skin on the TP market it tells me I have level/account restrictions. Do I need to buy RoR first to get the skin? Do I need a war steed? Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by kraggen20 View Post
    Here is what im trying to do. I have moria and mirkwood expantions. I entend to get RoR and want to buy a skin that is available right now. I dont have a character that has a war steed yet but I want to buy this skin so when I do have my war steed Ill have it available. When I go to buy the skin on the TP market it tells me I have level/account restrictions. Do I need to buy RoR first to get the skin? Do I need a war steed? Any help would be great.
    You can't buy one from the store until your character has a War Steed. No need to buy RoR to get a War Steed, but you do have to be at least level 71 to start the quest line that leads to getting one. (It's a level 75 quest line, so it can be started 4 levels earlier.)
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    You can't buy one from the store until your character has a War Steed. No need to buy RoR to get a War Steed, but you do have to be at least level 71 to start the quest line that leads to getting one. (It's a level 75 quest line, so it can be started 4 levels earlier.)
    Heres another question. my aim is to get the bone skin for my 48 hunter.. i have a 65 champ. if i went and quickly got a war steed with my champ could i hold onto the war steed skin and give it to my hunter later?

When I go to buy the skin on the TP market it tells me I have level/account restrictions.
    The warsteed accessories used to be restricted to level 75 or so in the in-game store. (It may have been 71.) You don't need to have purchased RoR or have gotten your warsteed, but you did need to be above the minimum level to even see the listings.

It seems they've changed the store listings; the appearance sets now say they are for "Level: All". It's possible they intended the sets to be purchasable by lower-level characters but some bug is preventing you from doing that, or it's possible they've mislabelled the current store listings. Please /bug the issue so they can get it fixed appropriately.

if i went and quickly got a war steed with my champ could i hold onto the war steed skin and give it to my hunter later?
    I don't think so. I believe the store-bought warsteed cosmetics will auto-apply to the character that purchases them.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

Heres another question. my aim is to get the bone skin for my 48 hunter.. i have a 65 champ. if i went and quickly got a war steed with my champ could i hold onto the war steed skin and give it to my hunter later?
    Warsteed cosmetics are actually more like passive skills than like tradable objects. You can't trade them between characters. I have had them "bind" to characters who don't have a warsteed yet, but they may have changed things so that can't happen.

But you definitely cannot get them on one character and pass them to another. Sorry.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Lightbulb

Yes & no. You can if is part of a store exclusive premium horse pack. You can even use the item that grant you that passive skill for the warsteed appearance. You cannot buy the individual item if you attempt before you have the minimum required level to use warsteed. You will not be able to see the option on store.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth