We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    About Starter pack...

    Hello there lords of Middle Earth,

    I need to ask about one thing - the Evendim quest pack. I have it bought using TPs from gameplay but since I saw that bundle in the "Humble bundle" website, called the "starter pack" which gives the Evendim quest pack and a bunch of other stuff plus 500TPs, I am wondering what will happen if i get it...Will I have to give the Evendim quest pack to someone else's account or it will just disappear like I have 2 Evendim quest packs but i am using 1 of them? I am really kinda disappointed that I got the Evendim QP long before (2 years ago) but if i can give it to my sister for example, then it won't be a waste

    What will most likely happen?

  2. #2
    Your ownership of evendim already will count for nothing if you purchase another pack that also includes it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    114
    If you buy something that includes a quest pack that you already have you won't get 'an extra one', so you can only give it to your sister if you buy the starter pack for Her account. In other words, nothing special will happen with Evendim, you had the quest pack, and will still have it.
    However if you are looking to buy a pack, I think the LOTRO Mithril Edition is absolutely great, it doesnt cost a lot and you get:

    Lord of the Rings Online: Mithril Edition includes:

    Exclusive Steed of the Horse-lords' Mount
    Path of the Fellowship Bonus Quests
    Includes the Trollshaws, Eregion, Mines of Moria, and Lothlórien.
    2,000 Turbine Points

    Now as you may know, Mines of Moria is an Expansion and costs a LOT of TP, with the mithril edition you get it 'for free' alongside trollshaws, eregion, and lothlorien. So that'll save you a lot of TP

    You can find it here: http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2777

    It's just a suggestion of course
    [img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7350385&lo=1x0s0xqh2j591&t1=Iminye%20Silithair&t2=Elven%20Maiden%20-%20Hunter&t3=Blossom%20in%20the%20Snow&k=Ignition&i=images6.alphacoders.com/358/358157.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by FroukjeMarije View Post
    If you buy something that includes a quest pack that you already have you won't get 'an extra one', so you can only give it to your sister if you buy the starter pack for Her account. In other words, nothing special will happen with Evendim, you had the quest pack, and will still have it.
    However if you are looking to buy a pack, I think the LOTRO Mithril Edition is absolutely great, it doesnt cost a lot and you get:

    Lord of the Rings Online: Mithril Edition includes:

    Exclusive Steed of the Horse-lords' Mount
    Path of the Fellowship Bonus Quests
    Includes the Trollshaws, Eregion, Mines of Moria, and Lothlórien.
    2,000 Turbine Points

    Now as you may know, Mines of Moria is an Expansion and costs a LOT of TP, with the mithril edition you get it 'for free' alongside trollshaws, eregion, and lothlorien. So that'll save you a lot of TP

    You can find it here: http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2777

    It's just a suggestion of course

    Keep in mind that what is included in Mithril Edition is the Moria questpack, not the full Moria expansion.
    (The difference? The Moria expansion includes, in addition to the Moria questpack, also the Warden and Runekeeper classes and two extra character slots.)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    Keep in mind that what is included in Mithril Edition is the Moria questpack, not the full Moria expansion.
    (The difference? The Moria expansion includes, in addition to the Moria questpack, also the Warden and Runekeeper classes and two extra character slots.)
    Except you can't really call it the 'Moria Questpack'. Normally when you buy a Quest Expansion, like with Rohan, you can do the quests and deeds etc in a region, but you can't do the instances. In the case of Moria, you get the full Moria Expansion, just not the extra's you get when you buy the 'full Expansion' for (about?) 2495 TP:
    2 character slots, Class: Rune-keeper, Class: Warden, and Skirmish Trait Max Rank 15.

    So you can do all the Moria content, including the instances.

    If you are F2P, and this is going to be the first time you buy something with 'real money', your account will become a 'Premium' account and you will get an extra character slot, you will be able send money through mail, and you'll get 5 auction house slots.
    [img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7350385&lo=1x0s0xqh2j591&t1=Iminye%20Silithair&t2=Elven%20Maiden%20-%20Hunter&t3=Blossom%20in%20the%20Snow&k=Ignition&i=images6.alphacoders.com/358/358157.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FroukjeMarije View Post
    Except you can't really call it the 'Moria Questpack'. Normally when you buy a Quest Expansion, like with Rohan, you can do the quests and deeds etc in a region, but you can't do the instances. In the case of Moria, you get the full Moria Expansion, just not the extra's you get when you buy the 'full Expansion' for (about?) 2495 TP:
    2 character slots, Class: Rune-keeper, Class: Warden, and Skirmish Trait Max Rank 15.

    So you can do all the Moria content, including the instances.

    If you are F2P, and this is going to be the first time you buy something with 'real money', your account will become a 'Premium' account and you will get an extra character slot, you will be able send money through mail, and you'll get 5 auction house slots.
    no it still fits as a quest pack because there are other regions that include the instances for their zone when you buy the QP. The expansions that dont do that are an exception to that rule (cant remember if its just Rohan that has a separate instance cluster or if Isengard did the same thing)
    6/8 SoA, 0/2 Moria, 0/1 Mirkwood, 0/1 Isengard, 1/1 Great River, 0/1 Rohan, 4/7 Skirmishes , 2/4 Instances, 0/1 Raid
    Cap removed, Premium Wallet - No, 15/35 AH, 4/15 Char slots, Bags: 5/6, 20/110 Shared Storage, 0/120 Shared Wardrobe, 0/2 Premium Classes , 0/5 Monster Play

  7. #7
    Guys, I am talking about this:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/

    If I get it, what happens with my Evendim quest pack? And also, the real reason i want is cuz of the 500TP - that will help me later on collect TP for Moria expansion. So, if i get that starter pack, is there a chance I can give the Evendim QP to my sister through store items trading (if there is) or some other way?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronix_2 View Post
    Guys, I am talking about this:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/

    If I get it, what happens with my Evendim quest pack? And also, the real reason i want is cuz of the 500TP - that will help me later on collect TP for Moria expansion. So, if i get that starter pack, is there a chance I can give the Evendim QP to my sister through store items trading (if there is) or some other way?
    Alas, I don't think that is possible. Were it possible, I'd split the pack much the same way, with Evendim going to a friend instead to lure her back into the game (she left after she ran out of free zones :P).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronix_2 View Post
    Guys, I am talking about this:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/

    If I get it, what happens with my Evendim quest pack? And also, the real reason i want is cuz of the 500TP - that will help me later on collect TP for Moria expansion. So, if i get that starter pack, is there a chance I can give the Evendim QP to my sister through store items trading (if there is) or some other way?
    Like several of us said before, no you cannot split it. You have the evendim quest pack and you will keep it, you won't get an 'extra' one to give away. That's why I suggested the mithril edition, since it gives you TP (which you are after) and moria and some other quest packs which you don't already have.
    When you buy a quest pack or something like the humblebundle the things automatically get added to the account you use the code on , you don't get the points and the quest pack in your mail or bags for example so that you can mail them to other players. It's simply added, and if you already have a quest pack the 'extra' qp won't do anything extra.
    [img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7350385&lo=1x0s0xqh2j591&t1=Iminye%20Silithair&t2=Elven%20Maiden%20-%20Hunter&t3=Blossom%20in%20the%20Snow&k=Ignition&i=images6.alphacoders.com/358/358157.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Ok, well at least im getting 500TP...You see, humble bundle is a good site you can get lots of stuff very cheap - you pay like $5 for a bunch of expensive games...Right now they offer 7 games, including this Starter pack + some other bunch of #### for other games... So why not get my 500TP?

  11. #11
    The Humble bundles can be good if they have the games you want. In this case what you will eventually get is a steam key to add the Steely Dawn pack to your Steam Account. This pack has the Evendim Quest pack and the 500TP. Steam will not let you split these items up as they are the one package.

    So your Evendim Quest Pack will go to waste here.

    To quote the Humble Bundle Page
    Steam will not provide extra giftable copies of games you already own.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload