We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please Everyone take the LotRO Hardware Survey - as posted on the launcher

It only took me two minutes, no writing just select quick from pulldown menus. Don't be lazy, do the survey:

I think this is the link, if not, then launch the launcher and click it there.
    https://d12.parature.com/ics/survey/survey.asp

The launcher says:

LOTRO Hardware Survey
    Mon, 14 Oct 2013 19:45:42
    We'd appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to tell us a little bit about the PC you use to play LOTRO. Take the survey.
    I think this is important and everyone should do it because it will help Turbine develop the best game possible.

Sorry, I cannot.

I would, but this is the only thing on that page:
    Sorry, service is temporarily unavailable... trying to reconnect. Thank you for your patience.
    You may navigate away or click here to go back.
    Error ID #:

Quote Originally Posted by jpark84 View Post
    Sorry, service is temporarily unavailable... trying to reconnect. Thank you for your patience.
    Error ID #:
    open the launcher and click that link it works from there. the one he posted does not work.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000339569/01003/signature.png]Sanbor[/charsig]

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Yup, I did it as soon as I saw it in the launcher. Hopefully it helps a bit.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

I did - now they know how wimpy my comp is...
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

Quote Originally Posted by jpark84 View Post
    Error ID #:

Yeah i tried to copy the link but it isnt working for somereason

Hmm. I have 8g of ram.. wonder how I should answer that question, since that's not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post
    Hmm. I have 8g of ram.. wonder how I should answer that question, since that's not an option.
    Strange to have a gap and not provide the 8GB RAM option.

Also there is no option for for 6GB video card RAM. Stops at 1GB, should have 'or higher' option.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post

I'm in the same boat as you! And since that's not an option, I'm not going to do the survey until they update those lists, my video card isn't in thier list either.

Unless it's really not important to know those answers.

How accurate can a survey be if you can't answer most if not all the questions?

They don't have the Dell AMD video cards listed, either.
    Casual R Us - Garatha

Can't accurately fill out the survey.

8 GB System RAM strangely missing from options. It goes from 512MB through 7 GB, skips 8 GB and goes right to 9 GB.
    GForce GT630 missing from options. Other 6xx are there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002c32f/01008/signature.png]Thaeryn[/charsig]

wait why anyone play this game with 512 MB lol

This link might work better, has the full URL:
    https://d12.parature.com/ics/survey/...8&surveyID=271
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

They are missing the latest nvidia cards, e.g. gtx 760, 770, 780, titan, etc.
    Viniel, 100 Minstrel -- Tokomak, 100 Guard -- Valwin, 100 Captain -- Vinlad, 100 Burglar -- Vinius, 100 Champion -- (and others)

frustrating survey experience

I tried, but after taking the time to look up accurate responses, I couldn't submit the survey because it had timed out. Why does an anonymous survey need a time out?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000002dd4a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleran View Post

Also there is no option for for 6GB video card RAM. Stops at 1GB, should have 'or higher' option.

Whaaaat? Are you serious? The graphic card options stops at 1 GB? 2 GB is becoming more and more common. This is like I've always said, Turbine makes an outstanding game, but the stuff they do like websites, forums and this case of stopping the survey at 1 GB of memory makes me wonder. That's weird about the lack of an 8 gb ram option. Well, my graphics card is dead so that point is moot.

Reminds me of one of my relatives. She's an expert cook that can make any dish from any nationality better than a native of that country but cannot balance a check book to save her life.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

This site was helpful in looking up some of the specs http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Whaaaat? Are you serious? The graphic card options stops at 1 GB?
    Nope, i input 2048mb answer for my 660t1

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleran View Post

Was thinking the same thing as I have 8 so defaulted down to 7. Better to tell them less than more
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000c34b5/01004/signature.png]Ironee[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Whaaaat? Are you serious? The graphic card options stops at 1 GB? 2 GB is becoming more and more common. This is like I've always said, Turbine makes an outstanding game, but the stuff they do like websites, forums and this case of stopping the survey at 1 GB of memory makes me wonder. That's weird about the lack of an 8 gb ram option. Well, my graphics card is dead so that point is moot.

Reminds me of one of my relatives. She's an expert cook that can make any dish from any nationality better than a native of that country but cannot balance a check book to save her life.
    Yeah my browser was bugged, didn't show the options above 1024 for the video card RAM. Tried another browser and showed max 4GB, still my option is not listed 6GB. Also the NVIDIA latest range is missing, 7xx series, and titan.

man i swear they have amateurs who made this survey

Looks like pylotro users are ignored again.

Hm weird that it's only in the english launcher news, wouldn't have known if you didn't post it here.

@kingrufus, not sure what you mean, if you have the old pylotro with broken news, you can also directly browse them:
    https://www.lotro.com/en/launcher-feed.xml

But yes I kinda hoped for a linux option in the OS selection...who knows, maybe such surveys will at least have some "Steam OS" option in the near future
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Viniel View Post
    They are missing the latest nvidia cards, e.g. gtx 760, 770, 780, titan, etc.
    ...and old ATI (I have a Radeon 4800 HD, not listed (only 4850))

There is an easy fix to ensure a survey covers all possible answers: add 'other' fields and enable folks to enter their own answer there.

But - there's always a but - the caveat is that all answers in that 'other' field will be impossible to easily mine for relevant statistic data.

This is how you end up with a survey like this. While it may look incomplete to you, it covers more than enough the ranges Turbine is interested in. Simply enter 'other' if you fall outside the range, or the most similar answer if you fall somewhere in between.

In other words: Turbine doesn't need to know you have a nVidia GTX780. It's beyond their relevant specs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast