We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

getting Warband tokens in Wildermore

Yesterday on Gladden I tried to get some Warband tokens in Wildermore to get the golden pocket item for my third character, so I ask in /regional if there is some warband killing going on. No response. So I take off on my own and a couple of minutes later from a distance I see a group players finishing off Shaguk. What the ... ? I logged off afterwards and did something else. I felt bad all evening about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliahnus View Post
    Yesterday on Gladden I tried to get some Warband tokens in Wildermore to get the golden pocket item for my third character, so I ask in /regional if there is some warband killing going on. No response. So I take off on my own and a couple of minutes later from a distance I see a group players finishing off Shaguk. What the ... ? I logged off afterwards and did something else. I felt bad all evening about this.
    dont think /regionalis used by anyone. rahter go with lff or glff

No offense but perhaps they were battling shaguk and just didn't see your question because they were busy. Warband tokens in wildermore can sometimes be very stubborn about dropping and most players there realize it and won't hesitate to fellow with others to kill the harder warbands like conog and shag. Keep looking and don't give up on everyone because you had one bad experience.

As Andrane said, use rather GLFF.
    But, except Shaguk which is difficult and Conog which must be dismounted (yellow) (faceroll dismounted, too long otherwise), you can do easily other warbands alone and get tokens even on small ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliahnus View Post
    When I'm doing warbands, I have no time to chat. I'm manouvering about at maximum speed and firing off skills.

Basically using chat to find out any -ongoing- warband killing is prone to fail because of that.

You're better off just riding into the landscape and visiting all the usual suspects while soloing the smaller ones. That's what you actually did in the end and lo and behold you found the guys you could have joined.

Regional has one good use though: when you ride off into the landscape and stumble upon Shaguk: /regional Shaguk's up!

The key is to enable other players to benefit from what you're planning to do, rather than to present them with costs. Benefit: you found Shaguk and are already there enabling them to have a easy kill. Cost: people have to disrupt battle to answer you without any guarantee you'll join them within the next minutes.

So don't feel bad, 'kay?

Quote Originally Posted by andrane View Post
    dont think /regionalis used by anyone. rahter go with lff or glff
    regional works pretty well for calling out Wildermore warbands as Farlow is somewhat of an endgame hub these days.

Similar to Bugud when Hytbold was latest endgame content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    regional works pretty well for calling out Wildermore warbands as Farlow is somewhat of an endgame hub these days.

Similar to Bugud when Hytbold was latest endgame content.

well ok, i have filtered out regional (and may others) for 6 years now, dont know about others tho

Should not take it personal and should not let it get under your skin. I stopped doing warbands a couple months ago. Have all the items that require them, pocket, 2 wrists, etc and still over 100 tokens in my bag. If there was something else I could do with them I'd probably still do them. I think this is part of the problem. Not enough people still doing them, so finding groups can be harder.

I do know that of which you speak though. I never understood why people wanted to keep it a secret they were doing warbands. When ever I went out, even if I had enough friends with me that I knew we could kill them all easily, I'd say in ooc and glff that I was heading to X. After that one was dead I'd say, X dead now heading to.... . Then on days I needed or wanted help I'd ask if anyone killing warbands - sometimes people would reply - other times like you I'd ride out and see someone finishing off a WB. I never let it bother me but I did wonder why they would want to keep it a secret. I always felt the more the merrier.

Never seen anyone ever use the regional. It is a throwback to another era when the other channels did not cover the entire zone (Eastern Bree-land OOC and Western Bree-land OOC, anyone?), so it was meant to be used for a map-wide chat. Which is what nearly all channels now do; there's a few old artifacts left because they were meant to cover super-busy social hubs: Archet channels, Bree-town channels and Thorin's Hall channels. Now they just make the starter areas look super dead instead.