We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

How long does a World Change take?

So I just applied to switch worlds to the roleplay world of Laurelin from Evernight, I have received a ticket number, but nothing has happened yet. In the confirmation e-mail, it stated that it would take up to 2 weeks for a reply to occur, really, two weeks? I have read somewhere else that it should take no more than 5 minutes for a world transfer to occur, what is going on? I'd appreciate some answers, I am currently a VIP member since yesterday.

i've never done a server change but it says 'up to 2 weeks'. doesn't mean it will take that long. they don't just have someone sitting there going through a list of people that want transfers. i'd guess someone checks on it now and then and when there are enough on the list, sits down and takes care of it. everyone is very busy and i'm sure they'll get to it when they can. patience grasshopper, patience.

You may be being misled by character copies to Bullroarer which tend to pretty quick, except when everyone is trying to do them at the same time. That is an automated process.

Transfers between servers are a manual process, and may take longer as they may have to change item IDs which clash between the 2 servers. You request is in a queue, Given that there was a long moratorium when transfers were not possible, that queue may be relatively long at present.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    You may be being misled by character copies to Bullroarer which tend to pretty quick, except when everyone is trying to do them at the same time. That is an automated process.

Transfers between servers are a manual process, and may take longer as they may have to change item IDs which clash between the 2 servers. You request is in a queue, Given that there was a long moratorium when transfers were not possible, that queue may be relatively long at present.
    *Sigh* shouldn't have sold my house....But thank you both for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenamorut View Post
    So I just applied to switch worlds to the roleplay world of Laurelin from Evernight, I have received a ticket number, but nothing has happened yet. In the confirmation e-mail, it stated that it would take up to 2 weeks for a reply to occur, really, two weeks?
    Moving from one server to another is a manual process. Unlike copying to a test server, your character needs to both be copied over to the new server AND removed from the old server, and all your stuff needs to go with you. Remember that everything in your house storage, SHARED storage, and wardrobe will stay on your original server, so pack accordingly.

When I did it, it took about a week. It's not that moving YOUR character takes all that time, but that there's a big queue of other people's characters ahead of you. All of you are competing for the time of the (presumably few) people at Turbine who know how to do this, and those people may have other things they're responsible for.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

I did it last week-took 2 days. So be ready BEFORE you apply. Don't forget cosmetics and housing fluff you may want for your new home. And be prepared to do a lot of catching up on skirmish marks, meds and seals.

Sometimes it may be better to start another character.

I am happy with my decision to move, however. Happy travels.
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Hate to be a rain cloud, but as of late I've heard that people have been having a lot of trouble with world transfers, that might have changed as of late though.

Hmmmm

It has been almost three days now, I replied back without changing the title, still no status update....I just wanted to switch to Laurelin from Evernight because of the higher role play probabilities there it being an RP server, so I thought I'd do it early on at around Level 30 as It stands...I hope they didn't reject my transfer application, I'd really love to be in an RP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenamorut View Post
    I just wanted to switch to Laurelin from Evernight because of the higher role play probabilities there it being an RP server, so I thought I'd do it early on at around Level 30 as It stands...I hope they didn't reject my transfer application, I'd really love to be in an RP server.
    You could also choose to re-create your character on Laurelin. It should not take as long to get to level 30 a second time as it did your first time around.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    You could also choose to re-create your character on Laurelin. It should not take as long to get to level 30 a second time as it did your first time around.
    Naw, no way, I already requested a world change and paid for it, I certainly hope that if they are unable to switch my character, that they would at least refund my money and let me know to not give up my hope of being switched over. I saw the Laurelin Archives and I really want to be part of that world, it looks like an amazing way to get more out of my VIP account.