We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

All about harmony

Hello all fellow minstrels!
    We will be getting a lot of changes so who knows how the balance between stances will go, but let's talk about it like it is for the last month we have about our dear minstrel, who is still the same.

As most of you know, harmony stance is a stance that makes two different types of players argue.. In my server, a lot of people are totally sure, that harmony is Not the best at healing, not the best at dps (Some even say that it's the Weakest stance of a minstrel and isn't good for anything). I don't totally agree with that because in some situations (Easier instances) you don't really need heals but you need group heals and that's where harmony is the best.

I myself am not an out of stance coda healer, I barely never use coda. I stack my healing ballads and then just start playing anthems without touching coda (It's my last emergency heal, but it's almost never needed). So what is bad when you don't use coda anyway at using harmony? Nothing. You can still stand still like before and heal as much as you can with triumphant spirit/raise the spirit (I like raise the spirit more personally) So harmony may actually be a nice stance.. you can also help with dps.

But as you look at the combat analysis, it shows that only by doing balladx3+coda, your dps is max 500dps and healing is max 1k hps (We're not taking into account that most use other healing skills too), which isn't the best. The people of my server are right about that, this is more of a support type of mini (They mostly play in yellow, I prefer blue though) but it's not that bad as your healing skills all are still unlocked unlike in warspeech.

PVMP HARMONY MINIES

I have played a warg recently a lot and what I have noticed is that I hate harmony minstrels. Why? Because they are impossible to reach because in every 6 sec they release a long-distance coda and break my stealth (hipsing before entering isn't really worth it) so they ruin my plans. Some wargs keep going, most run away. If they keep going they're great targets for freeps so you can really just hunt them down (most sneaky wargs are shadow full crit wargs.. yum!). If they run away then you're saved from evil attacks of terrible beasts, yay. While fighting with delving bosses, the fraid leader always asks to do big aoes to find stealthed wargs. Harmony is good for that too.
    So it's the biggest annoyance to wargs so you eliminate an important part of the group (sometimes craids even are 1/4 wargs, so you destroy 25% of their ability to destroy you, which makes your need to heal smaller so you can just harmony)

I don't know if I made it to my point, but I really think that harmony is the most useful in moors and everything else is just the choice of a player and their playstyle

you definitely made your point.

I'm a fully traited watcher of resolve minstrel (fully healing) and i use harmony stance most of the time when im soloing, or when im doing easy instances.
    Soloing for the extra AOE damage +heal of your coda of resonance. Wy i never go into war speech stance? just because i love harmony that much, you will almost never see me out of power (only if they cast some power drain debuffs on me, wich wont stay long either), and in harmony i can even get the thougher fights to me, i can tank in some fellowship quests just because i heal myself through my coda and i also dps the enemy.

But when im in a group for instances (harder ones) im mostly staying out of any stance cause i dont need to damage, you can evenly buff the tank with melody of battle (even if its not such a great effort, but it helps a really little bit) and when you cast your major ballad (the healing one) 3 times after each other you can also just cast your healing coda of vigour. for the rest i love chord of salvation and inspire fellows.

So in an instance with a fellow the first thing i always do is placing the melody of battle on the tank, than i place a chord of salvation and an soliquy of spirit on the tank to (because my chord of salvation heals the full fellow also and it gives a huge healing) than i mostly watch wat is going on in battle and mostly i cast inspire fellows and i keep casting soliquy of spirit and chord of salvation (cause they have almost no cooldown left with me, and my spirit keep healing for 30 seconds and just has a cd of 10 seconds)

Besides that i love the rally! (in case something went wrong) symphony of the hopeful heart (for the additional hope (in boss fights who gives dread) and fellowships heart (for an emergency fellowship wide quick healing boost) and if all that is lost i use my back up triumphant spirit.
    I dont use my anthems really much, but when i use them it will be mostly anthem of the free peoples with my coda (to have an additional in combat healing for every fellow close to me and a self heal over time) and anthem of composure (for the power regeneration, but my will and fate are so high i dont need this one in instances, i only sometimes need them in raids)

I hope this whas kida helpful to?

yours sincerely

Vannoppie (server Gladden : kinship Guardians of Middangeard)

Just hit 53, but I love harmony! I bounce between it and WS quite a bit. Run in WS for questing, but so nice to use Harmony to kill stuff that's a lot bigger than me. The heal is so nice, especially when paired with the healing anthem. Harmony is great for clearing out large mobs too. I tend to go no stance when healing in groups, just because I don't like the extra aggro that damaging stuff gives me. I don't play with anthems a lot yet.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000901f8/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ok after 2.5 years of playing my mini i am so lost he so broken i fear i may have to scrap the toon the horrible Expansion has Killed my mini. I have been duet with my wife's champ in harmony since forever and only every used warspeach solo but since I don't play sole and have no intent to start. I have yet to find any combo of traits worth a dam it seems all dps or all heal nothing in the middle making the duet broken as i can no longer do my job now i am no newbie and i have over 150 toon and 2 accounts I have built more than 20 minis and this dam thing is broken.

My disappointment in this last update is close to unbearable I am a major Tolkien Fan and that is the only thing keeping me here after this total abortion of a update. the trait line switch in game don't work this all or nothing build is garbage. This is great after 1000's of hours as a mini i feel like a complete idiot and worthless as a companion in group. I have found this with every single toon I have traited all or nothing there is no balance.
    I don't know who came up with the trait tree but I am sure it was not needed and has only further the damage this game.

We Mini's need a group play trait line that is not all or nothing, a balance of DPS and Heal and buff has to made now this garbage need to be fixed now. They should have never released this garbage unless it was 100% right and should be removed ASAP from the game until it is done. Why do I have to pay good money to be a Beta tester. If they want a beta tester they could pay me 15 a month till its fixed. I now have 500$ US into a broken game and I want my money back or the game fixed.

I knew there was no way they could ever release a update on time and have it right. The dev's here have level of incompetence the like of none ever seen before that still have a job. Last year for Christmas that laid off many this year they should fire the lot for gross incompetence.

All I want for Christmas IS my Mini back
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

Harmony is amazing. You can triple stack the same anthem, it's meant for groups. That means you give your hunter +45% ranged damage, on top of your damage and healing.

I'm not a fan of harmony, I never have been and I don't see a point to use it now. If I want to dps I go red line. If I want to heal I go blue line. Right now both are rather OP. I think yellow gimps both healing and dps and the buffs don't make up for it. Just my opinion.

The problem with the game right now is also there is no real benefit to grouping. Our only end game is big battles. In groups we have no real dps role (other classes still out-dps us), we have no real healing role (not needed in groups), and we don't have a buffing role (again not needed in groups). I'm not finding any of the old content run to any great extent at all - very seldom in fact. I just don't find a place for my favorite class in the game right now.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I'm not a fan of harmony, I never have been and I don't see a point to use it now. If I want to dps I go red line. If I want to heal I go blue line. Right now both are rather OP. I think yellow gimps both healing and dps and the buffs don't make up for it. Just my opinion.

The problem with the game right now is also there is no real benefit to grouping. Our only end game is big battles. In groups we have no real dps role (other classes still out-dps us), we have no real healing role (not needed in groups), and we don't have a buffing role (again not needed in groups). I'm not finding any of the old content run to any great extent at all - very seldom in fact. I just don't find a place for my favorite class in the game right now.

Well After a bit more playing in harmony I think its really not Nerfed anymore. I just thinking that the other 2 lines are just out of balance and way over powered and I would think the red the blue lines will just get nerfed in a few months to rebalance them, So I would say don't get to comfortable with those line as they won't stay like this forever. The other thing is I think harmony below level 50 or so is a bit weak true but as u get enough points to the build it starts to come to life. and it more in line with where the other lines will fall later. The other 2 line lines being the all or nothing lines I think in general not to very much fun as it is right now the Balance line in most classes that I have tested. I find the red line just a pure DPS mode not all that useful other than soloing Or running with other tunes like the captain that has all the self heals it needs.

No as playing full healer spec to also rather boring to be just a healbot,

I would say that the all or nothing lines are pretty boring to play as they lack any kind of balance It would seem the red line to rather a unfriendly and selfish mode that would be not likely get u many friends. I have always like to think of the Mini class should have a more friendly nature. When I play my Mini's sole. I still don't like and never liked the solofiying direction the game has gone to be a bit sad. I get way more satisfaction out of being the passer by that lends a helping hand bit closer the right way for the mini to be played as the Mini class to be a more.

On the other hand the all heal line really boring to play if harmony was to have just one of 2 more harder hitting skills it would end up being the only stance I would use just for the reason it fits my idea the nature and I am hoping with a few more levels that it just might fit the bill nicely for general play and it really a shame the class has to go so many before.

It hard for me to believe that I found anything I liked at all with this last update.

After paying the last few weeks I was rather surprised that any class had any kinds of a balanced mode at all. I really detest soloing in this game and would always prefer to be in a small groups around 2 to 4. and would always like to run in a trio of a Mini Champ Hunter to be the most fun in general Questing as that was the set up my wife myself and a friend of mine from DDO ran for the first year until we lost our friend to another game.

So My updated thoughts on harmony Is better and I hoping that in the tweaking in the days ahead that they just might get one classes stance close to right. I would like to see all the classes develope Middle ground stances..

So far to date I have not seen much I liked, but Harmony it a step in the right direction. I feel that all the classes are in dire need for for stance that would work well for general purpose questing in small groups
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter