We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up The Black Uruks of Barad-Dur, Legion of Terror possibly strongest

Anti-Hero infantry ever created.

It would be incredibly interesting scenario if Forcse of free people defeated Mordor army at Black Gate came to assault Barad-Dur for 2nd time instead destroying One ring. They would not have strength left to beat Legion of Terror.

The Black Uruks of Baard-Dur where the most feared orcs at the time of The War of the Ring. They numbered a full legion in size and where Elite Guard of Dark Tower.None could stand against them.Breed for size,speed and agression,they where also most intelligent of the orcs of Mordor. Mixing cunning and ferocity they where trained in all fighting arts and could easily stand against best warriors of elves and man.

http://www.thelandofshadow.com/mordo...blackuruks.htm

I HIGHLY encourage to read furthermore at site.

They look so badass and ferocious.

An ultimate killing machines.

Aragorn , Legolas nor Gimli would have very slim changes in 1v1. Against group they would be shattered to pieces ...

I have that website in my favourites folder. It's very nicely done, but it's really just a mixture of Modor trivia from various sources, most of them not canon.

I find those orcs even less powerful as you make them to be, they are Black Uruks Orcs I bet Aragorn slew a lot of them with Pippin and others, Heros are far superior to any orc in intelligence, fighting skill, ferocity, etc.

Btw Uruk-hai were stronger than any other and still they were defeated by Horse Rohirrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    I find those orcs even less powerful as you make them to be, they are Black Uruks Orcs I bet Aragorn slew a lot of them with Pippin and others, Heros are far superior to any orc in intelligence, fighting skill, ferocity, etc.

Btw Uruk-hai were stronger than any other and still they were defeated by Horse Rohirrim.

lol @you..

These Uruks would have kicked Aragorn's a$$....
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

There's some confusion in all this. Let's organize the data.

- "Uruks" are large black orcs of superior strength, first noted at about the middle of the third millennia of the Third Age when they took over Ithilien and destroyed Osgiliath. Hence all Uruks are black.

- "Uruk-hai" is a name used only by the sub-version of Uruks serving Saruman. It's the name they use for themselves and it is not repeated anywhere else by anyone else, though technically it simply means "orc-folk". As we know, Saruman's Uruk-hai are a somewhat improved version of Mordor Uruks with more human traits (like appearance and sunlight tolerance).

- "Black Uruks of Barad-Dur" are mentioned in LotR in passing and are quite conceivably very well-trained, well-fed and hardy Uruks, though physically no different from any other Mordor Uruks. Any other data on that site is essentially supposition and not really canon.

We know that all our heroes, be them Gimlis, Aragorns, etc. etc. are quite capable of fighting and killing Uruks with gusto. They did so at Amon Hen, at the Battle of Hornburg, at the Pelennor and at the Morannon. So any comparison between Barad-Dur Uruks and any other Uruks is the same as a well-trained warrior vs. a standard rank fighter of the same stature. If you are comparing them to the heroes of the Free People, keep in mind that the heroes are certainly exceptionally well-trained warriors, by far not rank-and-file.
    Now without delusions of genetic superiority between Uruks, discuss.
    Last edited by Egorvlad; Oct 16 2013 at 11:43 AM.

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    I have that website in my favourites folder. It's very nicely done, but it's really just a mixture of Modor trivia from various sources, most of them not canon.
    Yup. It'd be nice to see source citations and perhaps a bibliography. It is interesting reading though.

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh View Post
    There are Uruk Hai and common Black Uruks

You really dont get and you dont know how to read?...
    ...Re read more carefully you gademn moran.
    Whoah! Easy there killer. No need to get nasty here. Besides, you're stating opinions like they're facts, facts not in evidence, no less.