We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to get to Barrow Downs/Tom Bombadil from Bree Land

When I travel from Bree Land and try to get to the Barrow Downs I always end up on the old forest road and I could never find a way to get to the Barrow Downs.
    How can I get there without using a Mithril Coin?

The easiest way to the Barrow Downs is near Bree-town itself. From Bree, head west on the main road. Not too far past the bridge, you'll see a small path that branches off to the left. Follow that and you'll end up at the NE corner of the barrow-downs. To get to Tom Bombadil from there, veer right until you get to the far right part of the downs where the path slopes steeply downward. Keep going and you'll find it.
    [B]Dwarrowdelf[/B]: Gufli-Champ(58), Gadhalion-Hunter(27), Galbarad-Warrden(23), Gildro-Burg(20)
    [B]Windfola[/B]: Fredemond-Mini(25), Fimorin-Cappy(34), Fallaf-Guard(25), Fumli-RK(25), Falandion-LM(21)

Quote Originally Posted by Techman10 View Post
    The easiest way to the Barrow Downs is near Bree-town itself. From Bree, head west on the main road. Not too far past the bridge, you'll see a small path that branches off to the left. Follow that and you'll end up at the NE corner of the barrow-downs. To get to Tom Bombadil from there, veer right until you get to the far right part of the downs where the path slopes steeply downward. Keep going and you'll find it.
    Awesome, thanks Techman10! I was riding around and I kept ending back at Bree Land.

An important thing to note is that the Barrow Downs and the Old Forest both have zoomed-in maps.

great now I have a modified sesame street theme song stuck in my head. "can you tell me how to get... how to get to barrow downs."

Quote Originally Posted by Redit View Post
    great now I have a modified sesame street theme song stuck in my head. "can you tell me how to get... how to get to barrow downs."
    Follow the yellow bricks! Hold, no that is to Emerald city. Well follow the road that go west on West Breetown gate, then turn left on Adso camp.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

And another way is south west of Bree Town, don't cross the west bridge, just go south and look at the map as you approach the boundry of the Downs. There is a grave site that spawns Wights and you can port into the southern downs from there. Not as quick as the upper entrance, but the choice is there.