We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The new way to find on-level fellowships for all your low-mid lvl content! Join Now!

Enjoying the Lord of the Rings online Content at the correct level!

Fellow serverladies and gents,

Let me ask you:
    Have you ever wandered around and felt lonely in the massive world known as Lord of the Rings online?
    Have you ever wanted to do an instance, a fellowship quest or a raid at the correct level, but you couldn't find a fellowship since the globallff is just full of level 85's?
    Guess what, We had the same!

So because of this we came up with the long overdue idea, to make a channel just to find your fellowships for non-level 85 content.
    Now ofcourse an idea is useless if it is not acted upon: So we found the channel right away.

Now this channel is not a channel that's hosted by 1 person, it is our gift to the community as a whole,
    And it can not work without the community! Therefore we would like to invite you to join the channel, and find people that also like to do on-level content, just like you!

Ofcourse this idea had a lot of followers immediately. And that is not all: We had quite a few successes, even at 2 AM server time, within minutes people have found on-level fellowships for GA (level 30-35 ish instance) and more!

So you might think: Is this channel for me?
    Let me answer that question with a few questions:

- Do you have any characters between level 1 and level 65?
    - Would you like to level along with other players of your own level?
    - Would you like to join instances or even raids at the correct level?
    - Is there this hard world-fellowship quest that you need help with?
    - Would you like to enjoy the levelling process, rather than just speeding to level 85?

If you answered "yes" to any of those, then this channel is the place to be!

Before it was hard or impossible to find an instance fellowship on your own level, Now it is made easy with access to like minded people!
    The aim is to give everyone at a low or medium level the opportunity to do instances and other fellowship events/quests at the level they were meant to be, without the need of getting a level 85 to help you.

To join this channel in 3 easy steps:
    1) In the game press"Enter" to open the chat.
    2) Type "/joinchannel lowlvl" (without the "'s)
    3) Press Enter.

This will make the channel bind to one of your userchannels.
    Have you not yet joined an earlier channel this channel would be User Chat 1, which you can talk in by typing /1 [message].
    Remember: You will have to do that for each character that you have as the chatchannels are set per character!

Now let's make this channel work, we cannot make it work by our own, so we would like to ask you all to join this channel and have many on-level adventures together!
    Let us low level characters find the fellowships and play the world quests and instances at the level they were meant to be played at!

Cheers,
    Barhuin, Randash and Bonir

We will see you all out there people

More on-level GA's, More Anunimas, More moria raids and so forth!

Thanks! This sounds like a great idea. I'm a new player and would love to do the low-level content on-level.
    I'll be happy to join with my lvl 31 LM Awariel, lvl 19 Guardian Halgrimur and Lvl 11 Champion Grorax.
    Last edited by Clabauterman; Oct 16 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Thumbs up

Great initiative!

I hope it will works!!!!

Thanks for this idea- I was there last evening. Really nice and friendly people.
    See you there

(Be carefull - goblins and other creatures hunting for all new in Middle-Earth- only fighting together against darkness, can help and save us)

Bothomir
    Last edited by roger777; Oct 17 2013 at 03:04 AM.
    Bothomir (Captain from Gondor)

In these dark days, we have to fight hand in hand - all free people of Middle-Earth.
    It is our only hope...Belive in light in our hearts...

Very succesful. Through the lowlvl channel We got a group together in five minutes to clear the Great Barrow (once and for all?). See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Clabauterman View Post
    Very succesful. Through the lowlvl channel We got a group together in five minutes to clear the Great Barrow (once and for all?). See you there!
    The channel has indeed worked out brilliantly,

at most times of the day I'm able to find on level groups....or even raids!!!
    Especially since I turned my champ into a tank (lvl 50) I now make instances/fellowships 90%of the online time,

is it not as dps on my burglar, then it is tanking at lvl 50, or healing at lvl 32

I hope there's some help for the rookies, the game is preety complex imo. I'll join it as soon as my game downloads again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000026c300/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Excellent idea. I will be joining it for my three chars below lvl 60. Hope it's a success.
    Last edited by BangoTwinkletoes; Oct 21 2013 at 06:49 AM.
    <A sig goes here>

I am so far pleasantly surprised about the uptake on this channel. Every time I log on there are at least 20-40 people online. I'll try getting a group together for some Angmar Fellowship quests next week

I will be joining you all this evening, finding it quite soul destroying to try and interact with people. This is my first try at RP, but I get ignored quite a lot. I need a RP for beginners group!

It's much appreciated even though I barely play these days. And yes, I wouldn't wish for globallff on my worst enemy as far as getting things done goes.

I had forgotten about this. Thanks and bumpity

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Bumping this again. Had an excellent time yesterday making wight-burgers out of Ivar in Garth Agarwen. It took a long time to find a group to do it with. But at the end of the day it was a great experience to do it on level - so every low-leveller should enter the channel and meet up!
    "The turtle is my trinket". Founder of Club Slowtro.
    Tolkien fan and LOTRO completionist, taking my time to see all the places. Clabauterman on Steam.

Thumbs up

Joined channel yesterday!

Making new kinship (f2p based one) and this will be our LFF channel for long time... I'll personaly ensure that every single kinsman joins it.

Great ideas deserve support and this one is one of them.
    Bump this often so more players see it...
    Elvedion - Guardian // Laurelin ( RP )

A splendid proposal! Amrondir Telrunya of the Bruinen Banks, Guardian of Rivendell, descendant of Elros, kin leader of Tirith Imladris at your service!
    LotRO videos! [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelotte54/[/url]
    15.2 Beta roaming threats [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWigcgKf1CQ[/url]

Bumping this

Bump! Let's make more out of taking it slowly and doing the content on level as a group!
    Tolkien fan and LOTRO completionist, taking my time to see all the places. Clabauterman on Steam.

Joined this channel at least 2 months ago and despite the fact that it shows there are several members on line at any given time, no-one ever responds to requests to run group content, rarely do I see anyone ask, and no-one says hello. My kin runs twice weekly content from levels 20 up to level 65 atm and we have tried many times to encourage people to join from this channel, so, while this is a wonderful idea, can't happen if no-one cares about it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    Joined this channel at least 2 months ago and despite the fact that it shows there are several members on line at any given time, no-one ever responds to requests to run group content, rarely do I see anyone ask, and no-one says hello. My kin runs twice weekly content from levels 20 up to level 65 atm and we have tried many times to encourage people to join from this channel, so, while this is a wonderful idea, can't happen if no-one cares about it.
    True, it is not as active as it could be, but I always say "Greetings low-levellers"! And especially in the beginning I found some good groups here.

Quote Originally Posted by Clabauterman View Post
    True, it is not as active as it could be, but I always say "Greetings low-levellers"! And especially in the beginning I found some good groups here.
    That's you? I'm in it all the time, but haven't seen anything actually pop up yet, most of my requests for GA and up ignored. Then again, I'm mainly to blame for this myself as I've set up my chat tabs as the Main one which has both low-lvl and globallff, a Kinship one (the one that's active 99% of the time) showing kinchat, fellowship chat and personal loot and as a final one my 'Silence!' channel, used when I'm in a bad mood

Anyway, moving Userchat1 into my kinship channel. Let's keep this going and expand upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambruyn View Post
    That's you? I'm in it all the time, but haven't seen anything actually pop up yet, most of my requests for GA and up ignored.
    Hah, yes that's me - I'll be happy to help with GA if I'm online, although I'm lvl 42 now and it could be too easy (less fun for you). It's such a great instance and so hard to get a group for it.

If you want to be really extrovert about it, you can make a fellowing search in the social panel for all characters lvl (say) 32-36 and send them tells asking if they want to come to GA. People are happy to be asked and some always want to come.

But true, let's keep the channel alive! Soon I'll be approaching Angmar and all the instances there, could be great to get some good groups going for that!