We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dealing with a Stolen Account

I was a regular player back from 2008-2011, and I hadn't realized how much I had missed the game and came back only to notice someone had stolen my account. Just as a list they had:

-Changed all my information, including name, address, billing info, email address.
    -Changed all my characters, including renaming my main toon they couldn't even find my character in the system.
    -Added 7 new characters
    -Changed account settings
    -Set all of my old buddies to Ignore so they couldn't see me on their lists

I was lucky I saved all my old billing info and purchase emails. But Customer Support was very helpful in getting my account back.

Anyone had this experience? And how did the process go of restoring items, repairing account?

I look forward to playing again, and the world has really changed.

Read this sticky thead:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...f-it-is-Stolen
    at the top of this forum on how to proceed.

For the friends of mine that had this issue it took a considerable number of days to get characters undeleted and partial restoration of missing items. Some things are not replaced so you get a pot of gold instead.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Yeah, I've got an open ticket. I'm glad I remembered anything from those days. I just wonder if I'll be allowed to keep all the gold that person accrued on the account since starting up. I consider that only fair considering how long the fraud lasted.