We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb What is your favorite instances, raids, and/or skirmishes and why?

Title says it all, be specific!
    Find me in game on Firefoot, name is Arrionn.

Instances:Only faced 1
    Skirmishes:Trouble in Tuckborough(offensive)/Siege of Gondamon(defensive)
    Raids:Faced none

Lightbulb

Hall of night (VIP, 3 man, scalable, classic instance)

I like it because is scalable & don't require many people to get the roles needed. It is a good place to train new players to work as a team, do smart pull, learn to distingish aoe from single target, do croud control, cordinate attacks & pace dps. The tank & healer have to get used to do their roles.
    On the personal benefits the drops are of good quality & the currency unified. Also, i find amusing that the story behind the events of that instance is inspired on the lore.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

My favorite instance was removed when they revamped the second half of Moria. Though, I can't remember it's name.

If I recall correctly, the quest chain started at Balin's Camp when you used a Map.
    Then, it sent you to find a torch from a warg-rider.
    Then, to examine a stone marker guarded dragonets and bats.

Finally, you got to the instance to find something locked away in a Dwarven tomb. However, the catacombs were trapped, the quest notes gave you had a series of riddles and there were tiles on the floor that would show you the correct path, corresponding with the riddle's answer. But, instant death to those that chose... poorly.

Instance: Carn Dum
    I just ran the entire thing through on my LM, and nothing I've done comes close to it. It's just a huge, sprawling labyrinth, filled with bosses, trash, and general awesomeness. My favourite part is it can range from lasting as long as a regular instance to going for an entire afternoon, depending on how you want to play it. I've not seen an instance like that since I started playing it.

Raid: Rift
    Pretty much the same as CD, awesome, epic, and difficult.

Skirmish: Attack at Dawn
    Unlike the other two, I'll only ever run skirms when I'm trying to grind out the last part of a level, so I like this one because it's quick and easy.
    "All of us have left someone behind. That is why we brave the darkness. We fight so they may see the dawn."

Instance : Carn Dum

Raid: Rift and Feste Dunhoth

I've always had a huge soft spot for Urugarth.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

Instance: Hands down BG in Angmar, Ran it over 100 times to get bow for hunter and Captains arm for a few captains.

Raid: This one is easy, The Rift great fights and mob pulls.

Skirm: got to be Battle in the Tower, quick and easy.

Instance: Carn Dum

Raid: Smaug - I just love something about the mechanics of this one

Skirmish: Fords of Bruinen

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Hall of night (VIP, 3 man, scalable, classic instance)
    I like it because is scalable & don't require many people to get the roles needed.
    But it is too easy now, since it has been nerfed (the T2C can be soloed without too much difficulty)

Like some people said, Carn Dum & Urugarth were great, because difficult at level and with various strategies for bosses.
    Same thing for raids like the Rift or OD or BG
    Last edited by Castorix; Nov 06 2013 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    But it is too easy now, since it has been nerfed (the T2C can be soloed without too much difficulty) ...
    It have always been soloable for superior tanks. But that is because superior tanks can solo almost everything. Still it require a lot of teamwork strategies that make it a good training ground for average & new players.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Dar Nubugud is a lot of fun as a loremaster. Several things that need to be stunned to die, dishing out 50k at a time to Blind One ghosts with my stuns, carefully stunning overseers but not too much to avoid buffing them, very much designed with LMs in mind. Flagit is a huge pain, but it *does* force people to pay attention to fight mechanics and not just DPS your way to victory, which is a rarity these days.

But most of my favorites are 3 mans. They seem to be more creative. Inn of the Forsaken, Water Wheels, Mirror Halls, Dargnakh, Fangorn's Edge, all challenging and fun.

Oh nice thread topic... though it's going to be tough for me.

3 man: Iorbars Peak. Not difficult, but I have had a lot of fun running through it with unusual group setups.

6 man: Dungeons of Dul Guldur. The first time I ran this on challenge mode, I actually felt nerves about those trolls spotting me. It was something I hadn't felt in such a long time!

Raid Boss Fight: There are alot of great choices here. But surprisingly, the one that takes the cake for me is Fires of Smaug on challenge mode. The seperation of roles, and constant communication between the 4 groups (at least the way we do it uses 4 groups) to complete the fight is an awesome display of teamwork.

Raid as a whole: Barad Guldur. As a raid, this one feels the most complete to me. It makes sense moving from fight to fight, and the trash pulls requiring thought. It's an awesome raid I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Flagit is a huge pain, but it *does* force people to pay attention to fight mechanics and not just DPS your way to victory, which is a rarity these days.
    At same level, yes, good challenge.
    But we did it recently with several 85 DPS, and we killed him in a few seconds.