We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Able to purchase additional Equipment Slots

Would like to be able to hold/store and be able to easily switch between armours/weapons.
    We already see this with cosmetics,legendary items and war steed.
    Anyone disagree?

Visit your local branch of The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA). Ask to be allowed the use of two sets of armor. Get into one set. Switch into the other. Report back on how long it takes. Think about game verisimilitude.

Question

I didnt think it would require much in game memory. compared to all the other additional slots we can buy. what would be the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by RangerChev View Post
    I didnt think it would require much in game memory. compared to all the other additional slots we can buy. what would be the difference?
    An equipment lot more server memory than a cosmetic slot. A cosmetic slot only has a icon, name, a 3-d appearance and a couple of other attributes. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 10 more cosmetic pieces to equal memory utilization of a gear piece.

Another issue is all the people complaining about folks hot swapping gear in combat for a momentary benefit. Apparently people swap gear - fire a skill that is benefited by the gear that was just swapped in - swap gear - fire the next skill.

If Turbine can figure out how to do it without degrading people's game play. Plus put in a "you can only change gear out of combat". I do not have a problem with it. Charge a nice chunk of Turbine Points for each extra gear set as a character perk.

In order to make whheydt happy Turbine could put in an induction timer. Gear Change in progress - please wait - only 30 more seconds.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

To have 2 alternate windows for gear is not a bad idea. This will be welcome even if it have the limitation that can only swap gear windows out of combat. My guardian will be happy to carry 1 window for tanking gear & 1 window for dps gear, instead to clog 2 bags for gear only.

I would like this, but I would assume that any slot non-primary would first of all take any unfilled slots from the primary armor set. For example, you buy a new armor set slot and put raid armor in it. Your first set has raid loot jewelry and Hytbold set. If you swap to the raid armor set, it should carry over all of the jewelry from the 1st set, without you having to grind for 2x the sets, otherwise it's just pointless. Some might just use this as a nice way to store ~20 slots of armor for 1 purchase, but that's their choice to buy it or not. Anyway, I like it.
    [center]100 Burglar - Baldigar, 100 Minstrel - Desmio, 100 LM - Cartontolos, 100 Warden - Handorost, 100 Beorning - Geirvarinn, 100 RK - Thrandstar, 100 Captain - Aeganros, 100 Guardian - Heornar, 58 Hunter - Saerielle[/center]
    [center][color=cyan][b]Landroval[/b][/color], The [color=orange][i]Blackheart Pirates[/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQrIwW8CUAAn8hK.png:large[/img][/center]
    [center][url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?527939-What-LotRO-needs-to-focus-on-(that-is-not-specifically-endgame)]My Mega Suggestions Thread[/url][/center]

Yes, all gear must go default when 1st sloted on armour set # 1 & will read of that set. If changed to window on set # 2 will read gear of set #1 for any piece that don't have a replacement on set # 2.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Yes, all gear must go default when 1st sloted on armour set # 1 & will read of that set. If changed to window on set # 2 will read gear of set #1 for any piece that don't have a replacement on set # 2.
    so it will work like cosmetics yet for your vitals instead of looks am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    so it will work like cosmetics yet for your vitals instead of looks am I correct?
    There is no one talking about cosmetics or vitals on this thread, you are mixing up all the themes on all the threads. Dont know if you are confused or trolling.

agreed again. One slot should be free to VIP. Any additional should be store bought.

There is no one talking about cosmetics or vitals on this thread, you are mixing up all the themes on all the threads. Dont know if you are confused or trolling.
    Conceptually, the previous poster is correct. Unless I'm reading it wrong, the OP is looking to have storage/slots and a gear shortcut to apply those stored gear stats to their character by selecting a button. This is essentially how the cosmetic system works without the actual stats coming through.

I'm not a fan, honestly. If you want the flexibility of being able to swap out gear, I think you should have to carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brom_Ironfist View Post
    Conceptually, the previous poster is correct. Unless I'm reading it wrong, the OP is looking to have storage/slots and a gear shortcut to apply those stored gear stats to their character by selecting a button. This is essentially how the cosmetic system works without the actual stats coming through.

I'm not a fan, honestly. If you want the flexibility of being able to swap out gear, I think you should have to carry it.
    I didn't read that into the OP, but if that is what was meant, I'll expound my agreement a bit

Yes, we should have to carry it. it should take up gear slots. But, we should be able to swap full gear/jewelry sets with the click of a button. (just like we can change our appearance with cosmo). I usually bring up Diablo 2 in this suggestion. 13 years ago, Blizzard added this functionality to that multiplayer game. Seems it should be status quo at this point. If the devs are actively trying to prevent gear swapping.... then they could make it viable only out of combat. Just like with traits, I want a simplified way to swap my grouping and soloing builds. I'm too lazy and too much can go wrong for me to worry about combat swapping

As an extra aside... IMHO, it should really be full character "tabs". I would like to have one character tab and give him a set of gear, a set of cosmo, a title, a trait set, a mount, etc. then pick another tab and be able to completely customize every aspect. I should then be able to switch between both with a hotkey. (again, make it out of combat exclusive if needed). Would be really nice to have all appearance and functionality tied to a single "tab" and then let us buy additional tabs. Of course, if I need to prioritize, traits first, then gear

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    I didn't read that into the OP, but if that is what was meant, I'll expound my agreement a bit

Yes, we should have to carry it. it should take up gear slots. But, we should be able to swap full gear/jewelry sets with the click of a button. (just like we can change our appearance with cosmo). I usually bring up Diablo 2 in this suggestion. 13 years ago, Blizzard added this functionality to that multiplayer game. Seems it should be status quo at this point. If the devs are actively trying to prevent gear swapping.... then they could make it viable only out of combat. Just like with traits, I want a simplified way to swap my grouping and soloing builds. I'm too lazy and too much can go wrong for me to worry about combat swapping

As an extra aside... IMHO, it should really be full character "tabs". I would like to have one character tab and give him a set of gear, a set of cosmo, a title, a trait set, a mount, etc. then pick another tab and be able to completely customize every aspect. I should then be able to switch between both with a hotkey. (again, make it out of combat exclusive if needed). Would be really nice to have all appearance and functionality tied to a single "tab" and then let us buy additional tabs. Of course, if I need to prioritize, traits first, then gear
    I see what you mean. I'm just not sure that I'm on board. Can't you simply swap out gear by putting them on kotkeys? I know that I do this with my LI's and shield all the time. I have them hidden behind extension bars in the TonicBars plugin so that they don't take up hotbar slots. Yes you'd have to select each piece individually, but I see that as a solid trade-off for changing armor mid-fight. I realize that you've stated the swap could be done out of combat and I guess I'm ok with that. I much prefer to be able swap my gear on the fly.

Equipment is not outfit. Having the ability to swap all full set of gear at once with a windows system dont make it a outfit. This confusion is what cause some new player to fight his way till level 20 with a swam cloak, elf princess dress & winged circlet, insted using true armour. & they only notice their mistake because some old players point it & ask them: "Hey! Why are you fighting naked?"

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    I didn't read that into the OP... I need to prioritize, traits first, then gear
    The thread is not about traits but this same system is already under construction to be released on Helms Deep: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...ees-helms-deep

This is the Original Poster:
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerChev View Post
    Would like to be able to hold/store and be able to easily switch between armours/weapons. We already see this with cosmetics,legendary items and war steed. Anyone disagree?
    & here is the Warsteed panel that also is this system: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...ary-war-steeds
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Oct 15 2013 at 05:19 PM.

I am not troll thus I am not trolling and two I am not confused you are

I was making a reference to the cosmetics being able to be a set page and thus maybe making it so the same thing is made for Armour yet so you can quickly change suits or Armour like you can change between one set of cosmetic items to another set only for your amour kinda like you can change your weapons in Diablo 2 you have 4 slots for weapons only two of the slots are active at once thus you can fight with 4 different weapons without 2 of them filling your bag.

and this is the second post you have inplyed/called me a troll maybe you need to just leave me alone because I am not a troll.\

and finaly I agree that I would like to have more slots of every area for Armour yet only have one active at a time just like cosmetics.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    I am not troll thus I am not trolling and two I am not confused you are

I was making a reference to the cosmetics being able to be a set page and thus maybe making it so the same thing is made for Armour yet so you can quickly change suits or Armour like you can change between one set of cosmetic items to another set only for your amour kinda like you can change your weapons in Diablo 2 you have 4 slots for weapons only two of the slots are active at once thus you can fight with 4 different weapons without 2 of them filling your bag.

and this is the second post you have inplyed/called me a troll maybe you need to just leave me alone because I am not a troll.\

and finaly I agree that I would like to have more slots of every area for Armour yet only have one active at a time just like cosmetics.

There are plugins for that.

Glorgnorbor
    Happy Halloween!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Equipment is not outfit. Having the ability to swap all full set of gear at once with a windows system dont make it a outfit. This confusion is what cause some new player to fight his way till level 20 with a swam cloak, elf princess dress & winged circlet, insted using true armour. & they only notice their mistake because some old players point it & ask them: "Hey! Why are you fighting naked?"
    I do recognize that equipment and outfits are different. Again, unless I'm mistaken, the OP proposed system would work similar to how the outfit system works today: slot the items on an equipment tab, store them in your vault or another location not on your person, and select the tab to equip the stats you're looking to have. Other than the stats piece, it is essentially the same as the cosmetic system.

I do recognize that equipment and outfits are different. Again, unless I'm mistaken, the OP proposed system would work similar to how the outfit system works today: slot the items on an equipment tab, store them in your vault or another location not on your person, and select the tab to equip the stats you're looking to have. Other than the stats piece, it is essentially the same as the cosmetic system.
    again I am being miss under stood I am saying have it paged so you can have as many set of Armour on your char yet only the page that you equipped will effect you and the items will get worn out and broken just like normal way and they will not be left in your bags like cosmetics they will be equipped to the page just like normal yet you will have to equip a page to play with instead of just equip the items. you will only have to equip them once to a page and be able to switch between the sets of Armour on you like you can switch between the cosmetic items your wearing this is the one and only part I am saying is like cosmetics the ability to change the page nothing more.

I hope this clears it up.

and further more this will make it easier for players doing raids to change there outfits because all they would have to do is click equip on a different page of gear instead of going ok I am a built for blank blank not for blank blank blank so I need to go to my vault and change my gear before I can do this raid.

problems with telling someone in a raid to wait for you people leave because they already have waited so long and two they will say we will get someone else. thus you don't get to be in the raid or the raid falls apart thus you don't get to raid either way.

again I am being miss under stood I am saying have it paged so you can have as many set of Armour on your char yet only the page that you equipped will effect you and the items will get worn out and broken just like normal way and they will not be left in your bags like cosmetics they will be equipped to the page just like normal yet you will have to equip a page to play with instead of just equip the items. you will only have to equip them once to a page and be able to switch between the sets of Armour on you like you can switch between the cosmetic items your wearing this is the one and only part I am saying is like cosmetics the ability to change the page nothing more.

I hope this clears it up.

and further more this will make it easier for players doing raids to change there outfits because all they would have to do is click equip on a different page of gear instead of going ok I am a built for blank blank not for blank blank blank so I need to go to my vault and change my gear before I can do this raid.

problems with telling someone in a raid to wait for you people leave because they already have waited so long and two they will say we will get someone else. thus you don't get to be in the raid or the raid falls apart thus you don't get to raid either way.
    In my post, I wasn't referencing you, but the original poster on the thread. Regarding your idea, I'm still not a fan though. I think that it should be a little bit of work to have to change gear in battle. Even if that means clicking several keymappings to fully change your gear. And, I don't think that gear should leave your bags until it is equipped for battle. I like that there is a trade-off to being ready for anything. The trade-off is that it takes up inventory space in you bags. That seems like a fair system to me.

In my post, I wasn't referencing you, but the original poster on the thread. Regarding your idea, I'm still not a fan though. I think that it should be a little bit of work to have to change gear in battle. Even if that means clicking several keymappings to fully change your gear. And, I don't think that gear should leave your bags until it is equipped for battle. I like that there is a trade-off to being ready for anything. The trade-off is that it takes up inventory space in you bags. That seems like a fair system to me.
    I never inplyed you would be able to do it in battle I should of made it clear you can't change pages to change your gear wile in battle you can only do it out of battle/combat.
    all you can do in combat is equip items the old fashioned way to which ever page you had equipped you would not be able to change to another page in combat.

so if you died you could then switch to another page because you would be out of combat/battle thus only a quick change is worth wile if the hole fellowship dies and has everyone change there role to better take out the bad guy.

Lightbulb

...I think that it should be a little bit of work to have to change gear in battle. Even if that means clicking several keymappings to fully change your gear. And, I don't think that gear should leave your bags until it is equipped for battle. I like that there is a trade-off to being ready for anything. The trade-off is that it takes up inventory space in you bags. That seems like a fair system to me.
    For the people that don't want to swap gear too easy cause they want more challenge, this system will be available to use only out of combat, you will not be able to swap windows in combat. Alternately, if able to swap gear windows in combat, the secondary window will be divided in 3 subsections: jewelry, armour & weapons. This should give you some level of challenge.

The purpose of this idea is mainly to releave the upset of carrying so much alternate armour pieces on the bags.

For the people that don't want to swap gear too easy cause they want more challenge, this system will be available to use only out of combat, you will not be able to swap windows in combat. Alternately, if able to swap gear windows in combat, the secondary window will be divided in 3 subsections: jewelry, armour & weapons. This should give you some level of challenge.

The purpose of this idea is mainly to releave the upset of carrying so much alternate armour pieces on the bags.
    wow almost what I said only in a different way so all I have to say is I agree with you.

I don't mean to be argumentative, so I'll stop with this comment and let you have the last word, if you choose.

I understand the purpose proposed. My personal opinion is that there should be a price for the flexibility of swapping out your gear as you please. That price, is having to lug it around with you.

I don't mean to be argumentative, so I'll stop with this comment and let you have the last word, if you choose.

I understand the purpose proposed. My personal opinion is that there should be a price for the flexibility of swapping out your gear as you please. That price, is having to lug it around with you.
    That is ok when your swapping gear consist of 1 outrider token + another pocket & 2 weapons. When the swapping gear is 2 whole sets of armour, jewelry, class items & weapons as happen to cap level players, the cost of lugging means having zero bags available to loot the drops.

/supported for out of combat only exchange.

This game has multiple war-steed setups and will get multiple trait setups, so having multiple matching gear setups would be just consequent. Those are only switchable out of combat for a reason, the same is valid for gear setups.

And about what "should" be: Our characters have bags full with 100 ingots, full armor sets found during looting, 250 meals, 300 bottles of athelas, 100 sword broken swords, whole trees, 500 books, 300 scrolls and a whole field of corn. There should be a price for carrying around that stuff. They shouldn't be able to move at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    An equipment lot more server memory than a cosmetic slot. A cosmetic slot only has a icon, name, a 3-d appearance and a couple of other attributes. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 10 more cosmetic pieces to equal memory utilization of a gear piece.
    Depends on implementation. I guess the implementation of the mechanism and objects would be the bigger part.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast