We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden

Kinships Talk (thread title altered)

I can not help noticing that the Firefoot Server section of the Community Forums is not very active with threads and posts made weeks if not months ago.
    Now, I did not specifically selected the Firefoot Server for any reason, it just sorta popped up and I thought it looked good as server.

So is the Firefoot Server community in trouble? Do we frequent this forum less than others? What can we do to improve?
    Last edited by Marancil; Oct 14 2013 at 02:55 AM. Reason: (thread title altered)

Vice-versa, the Firefoot community has been growing the past few weeks. However most folks play the game, not seek/out post in the forums. :-) There was, however, a lull over summer. Now is the perfect time to be joining Firefoot and establishing roots.

If you would be interested in an established kin, send a private message to me with your character's name, The Valkyries are most active mornings and eves /servertime (that'd be Euro eve and US times). We don't currently have as many Asian/Aussie time folks actively playing.

Turbine rotates the list of servers, so new folks get spread around, and every server ebbs and wanes in it's influx of new players. Regardless the game design focuses community among kinships, not external environments; and obviously a very limited number access forums at all, much less server subforums.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Yeah well, I understand people would find it preferable to be in the game, rather than the forum, however, as we see all the time, there is so much that can be shared and organized via this forum, that seems to be a bit problematic via the game. Then again, it might be done outside the Firefoot server forum...

I play Euro evenings, mostly, so that is when I am online for this.

May be interested to set up a Kinship, not so much joining one. Re-reading Silmarillion for inspiration...

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    May be interested to set up a Kinship, not so much joining one.
    Cool. But if you are seeking a smaller kinship, there are some Euro-timed kins with just a few people. Seems silly to start a new kin, without resources, and either not have enough to do runs, or be drawing people away from kins might run stuff if they had few more people. ;-) (I've never understood the desire to have six separate kins of four active people; instead of a couple kins of a dozen people, each able to regularly run six-person content.)
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Well, I imagine I have some requirements for a Kinship I need to figure out.

1. Canon
      A Kinship in LOTRO must, to me, have a name based on the Tolkien world. Inspiration for Historical names of significance to be found in Silmarillion.
    2. Members accepting Canon
      I wont have "Jpottery" or "Unholy Warrior" as Character names, or "DudeWithSwordKillingOrcs" for that matter. We shall be honourable people, standing up for the ideals of our races, behaving as expected from our different races. STRENGTH AND HONOUR! That kind of clichés... lots of them.
    3. Activity
      This is actually the main issue. We must attract people and keep them busy. Quit yer work, go play LOTRO and invest all your time in the Kinship!
    4. Organisation
      Thats a given, absence will happen, we all should know what to do.
    5. Delegation
      Related to prior point, TRUST eachother to keep up the Kinship.
    6. Economy
      I think it may be fair to request a couple of gold from each and everyone joining, as some kind of common stash (if possible) and to fund the Kinship House (actually halfway there with some people).

(Yes I work a lot with Processes... )

If we keep the kinship dice rolling in this thread I understand it may be a bit complex and tedious to setup and run a Kinship. I do have an approach that might work though and that is to ask people whom I have been helped by in Fellowship, or I have helped. Hence not just punching the question to just about anyone (yesterday that happened with The Ottoman Warriors, I just received a request out of the blue, found no immediate reason to deny, but I will talk to the guy about a different approach).

Then of course we have the Game tech, which is all but new to me. I am still unaware of all the in game options to manage a Kinship or related functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Well, I imagine I have some requirements for a Kinship I need to figure out.[*]Activity
    This is actually the main issue. We must attract people and keep them busy. Quit yer work, go play LOTRO and invest all your time in the Kinship![*]Delegation
    Related to prior point, TRUST eachother to keep up the Kinship.[*]Economy
    I think it may be fair to request a couple of gold from each and everyone joining, as some kind of common stash (if possible) and to fund the Kinship House (actually halfway there with some people).
    I am still unaware of all the in game options to manage a Kinship or related functions.

I think you're being more formal than necessary, but if it's your Kin do what you want! Delegation - The Leader of the kin can pick a successor so that if they quit or inactive for awhile (90 days I think) then they can be usurped by the successor. Economy is only necessary if you have a Kin House IMO, they are expensive to maintain unless you play allot or have several kin members. Activity is the reason for a kinship - most people use the kinship to play together. There is nothing inherently earned by having a kinship, so the investment into a kinship is really for social reasons, not for player advancement.
    Additional Items you get with Kins - group mailing ability, restricted posts on AH for Kin members, Message of the Day and probably a few more things I forget.

Good luck with your organization!

I think you're being more formal than necessary
    Yeah, well probably. As much as I would like to see that in a Kinship, reality will tell...or rather the InGame adventures.

Bring it on.

If you're up for a progression kinship mine is looking for some people to round out a second fellowship. Most of us have done a lot of solo/small group play and/or played multiple mmos. We're capped at level 50 for at least a few months to run the dungeons/raids with another Kin that's doing the same. If you have a character around that level or want to make one check out our website http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=4117496 or send an IM/in game mail to Cadwalader. If not, maybe we'll see you when we catch up to endgame.

Hey RJFerret, I'm interested in joining your kin. My character name is Arrionn. I haven't made it to end game yet, but am very interested about how 6 or 12 man runs are accomplished, what strategy is used, and how to lead one. Also, you guys say that the population is dwindling, is there a way to tell the exact number of people in a server?

How active are the endgame areas? I just started playing this server (currently level 30) and I have noticed that there are not many people in the low level areas. Is this what I should expect throughout the rest of the game? Do people do raids often on this server?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ14 View Post
    How active are the endgame areas? I just started playing this server (currently level 30) and I have noticed that there are not many people in the low level areas. Is this what I should expect throughout the rest of the game? Do people do raids often on this server?
    One way to get somewhat of a feel for endgame activity is to join the glff channel ( you type /joinchannel glff ). That's where most people post if they are looking to run something endgame, though that is also where many just chat as well, heh.
    Personal experience, Firefoot is decently active at endgame with a few kins still putting raids together.

Firefoot has always been a low pop server.