We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    La Crosse, WI, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

New guy here, waiting on Steam download so making intro thread. :)

I'm 31, did 8 years Army now I'm back and going to college for Web & Software Developer. I'm a really hands on guy and I love reading and editing and combining code. I can read code like a book and "flow" with it. I also own and operate my own website.

In this game I think I'm going hobbit. First a DPS then a "heals." I prefer Damage over Time or Nature based damage dealing but I'll have to look at this game's class structures first.

My Asus windows laptop literally just died. (After taking it in they said both ram sticks are bad and the HD crashed.) So I'm *hopefully* going to be playing on my 2011 MBP 13". Downloading through steam right now, 10GB of 16GB. Then I'm sure like every other game I'll be inside the "update hell" and wait for another 20 gigs or something lol.

So, made this thread here to sit back and chat if anyone would like. I absolutely loved the books in the 80s and 90s when I was growing up...completely enthralled by the movies...but being in the Army all my friends either played WoW or some FPS and since I couldn't say no to a good "group" game or the group itself...I tagged along. I will admit though, I sneaked in about 2 weeks while I was on leave about 2010 spring time.

So, how goes it everyone? Did I type enough?
    Last edited by BlueScion; Oct 12 2013 at 11:07 PM.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8399/1...b1948ffe_o.jpg

Baebor: Hobbit Minstrel, Baepo: Hobbit Hunter

Any tips to a server to play on? I plan on doing the PVP as the bad guys and PVE as my character. Definitely hobbit though.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueScion View Post
    Any tips to a server to play on? I plan on doing the PVP as the bad guys and PVE as my character. Definitely hobbit though.
    Come join me on Dwarrowdelf, we can have a grand time leveling(I actually have a low level alt I am working on leveling, and would be nice to have a level buddy and new friend!)

Glorgnorbor
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

I just finished downloading. Woot woot. Update on file 50/50 is about 40% so ... yay.
    Last edited by BlueScion; Oct 12 2013 at 11:07 PM.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8399/1...b1948ffe_o.jpg

Baebor: Hobbit Minstrel, Baepo: Hobbit Hunter

I just finished downloading. Woot woot.
    Dwarrowdelf all the way, lol... If you roll on Dwarrowdelf, as a hobbit, look for a name starting with "Glorg"

Glorgnorbor
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Ah hahahaha. I used the hobbit name generator with my real name I got this:

Ferdirand Gamgee-Took of Bywater

I use my "onilne" or "penned" moniker I get:

Popo Moss of Lake-by-Downs

I don't know which to choose LOL.

Ah hahahaha. I used the hobbit name generator with my real name I got this:

Ferdirand Gamgee-Took of Bywater

I use my "onilne" or "penned" moniker I get:

Popo Moss of Lake-by-Downs

I don't know which to choose LOL.
    Up to you! Good luck! Whichever name you choose, let me know ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Up to you! Good luck! Whichever name you choose, let me know ^_^
    Bobo Bywater sounds really damn cool.

Bobo Bywater sounds really damn cool.
    Just remember, you can only pick the first name in the name generator... Have to add a surname later on.

Glorgnorbor

Just remember, you can only pick the first name in the name generator... Have to add a surname later on.

Glorgnorbor
    AWWWW! lol.

Well, now my client is doing something called "forward iterations" and it's at 18%...lol.

It's gonna be a Hobbit Hunter then after I've sat at max for a while i'll move on to a Hobbit Minstrel.

AWWWW! lol.

Well, now my client is doing something called "forward iterations" and it's at 18%...lol.
    That one will take a bit, don't worry . If you happen to have raidcall installed, you're welcome to join me in my chat room.

That one will take a bit, don't worry . If you happen to have raidcall installed, you're welcome to join me in my chat room.
    Naooo...no talky talky.

I hate that LOL.

Naooo...no talky talky.

I hate that LOL.
    lol.

Glorgnorbor

42%.

/10char

42%.

/10char
    Are you in now?

Are you in now?
    88%

/10char

88%

/10char
    Woohoo! I hope we get to play together on Dwarrow

Glorgnorbor

I'm 31, did 8 years Army now I'm back and going to college for Web & Software Developer. I'm a really hands on guy and I love reading and editing and combining code. I can read code like a book and "flow" with it. I also own and operate my own website.
    Welcome, and welcome home! Once you get in game and play for a while, take a look at the LUA forums. People develop useful tools and UI mods over there, and you might have fun with that. There are also many player-run websites that are always in need of help from people with code skillz and enthusiasm.

In this game I think I'm going hobbit. First a DPS then a "heals." I prefer Damage over Time or Nature based damage dealing but I'll have to look at this game's class structures first.
    Hobbits are great! Once you get your hunter and minstrel down, you might consider the Loremaster. While I don't think that class is open to Hobbits, the nature-based fighting style might be something you enjoy. You are limited to two characters per server while you are free-to-play, but if you choose to spend some real-life money on the game (even by paying $8 for the smallest package of Turbine Points), you'll be upgraded permanently to Premium and can have 3 characters per server.

So I'm *hopefully* going to be playing on my 2011 MBP 13".
    I'm also playing on a Macbook Pro, though the 17" and a little older than yours. There are a few things you should know:

• The Mac client is still officially in Beta. So if you see any graphic glitches or have problems, please report them. You can do it here on the forums by clicking the "Submit a Bug" in the gray menu bar above. You can also report it in game with the command /bug , but there are bugs with THAT form on a Mac that makes it difficult to use.
    • My Mac runs hot when playing LotRO. Really hot. Not as hot as when I was using Bootcamp to run Windows XP and LotRO, but pretty darn hot. I have a laptop pad with an extra cooling fan and usually turn that on after running the game for 5 minutes. At the very least, you should elevate your laptop and make sure it has lots of air circulation all around.

So, made this thread here to sit back and chat if anyone would like. I absolutely loved the books in the 80s and 90s when I was growing up...completely enthralled by the movies...but being in the Army all my friends either played WoW or some FPS and since I couldn't say no to a good "group" game or the group itself...I tagged along. I will admit though, I sneaked in about 2 weeks while I was on leave about 2010 spring time.
    If you played in 2010, your old account should still be around. You probably had a trial account, though, so your characters there probably are F2P now. You might want to check on it and see if your old account lucked out and got credited with the Moria expansion.

And frankly, if you had fun with WoW and love the books, then you will likely love the game. It's based on the books, and made by people who love the books too. I hope you enjoy it!
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

88%

/10char
    I'm betting that by now, the updating is installed

Glorgnorbor

I'm betting that by now, the updating is installed

Glorgnorbor
    All the updates are done now it's doing something to DAT files. Heh. 2k of 8k files (and taking a while.)

All the updates are done now it's doing something to DAT files. Heh. 2k of 8k files (and taking a while.)
    Wowza... glad I'm not you right now... I couldn't STAND the wait...

Glorgnorbor

At this point, I am running around in circles on my new level 1 burglar in Archet, hoping you'll join Dwarrowdelf, lol!

Glorgnorbor

At this point, I am running around in circles on my new level 1 burglar in Archet, hoping you'll join Dwarrowdelf, lol!

Glorgnorbor
    Whereas, I thought I was almost done...I'm about 1/2 way through whatever finalization thing it's doing. (All the top bars are blue except for the sliver of this DAT stuff.)

client_surface.dat -- 1/2 done...whole process about 1/2 done...I even have my forum sig done...if I can pickup a certain name or something LOL.. I wish I could make a character outside the client while I wait for it to finalize. :P

Believe me ... if I was on Windows or wanted to play another game ... I'd probably have cancelled it by now. ;o)

Whereas, I thought I was almost done...I'm about 1/2 way through whatever finalization thing it's doing. (All the top bars are blue except for the sliver of this DAT stuff.)

client_surface.dat -- 1/2 done...whole process about 1/2 done...I even have my forum sig done...if I can pickup a certain name or something LOL.. I wish I could make a character outside the client while I wait for it to finalize. :P
    You and me both!!

Glorgnorbor

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Welcome to Middle Earth, BlueScion.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast