We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is it just me?...

Is solo'ing on a not overly geared hunter impossible with creep CD's, or is it just me?
    Edit: In the Moors, naturally.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

It kinda should to be?

Uhm lol? Butthurt creep or just trolling? Anyway, I feel like having very little chance as soon as CD's start to pop. Just me?
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Don't think it is just you. I don't go to the moor's often (I'm a R4, I think), but I wouldn't go around alone (except to the eastern side with the goblin camp). Several people have told me (other then being unranked/low rank) hunters are pretty much a creeps first target. However, that being said, I'm sure there are some skilled hunters out there that can do very well solo - but that ain't me.

My biggest issue (learning curve) is first using (and traiting) fleetness and then shooting, the 1 or 2 skills we have, while moving.

Although this may change with HD (https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...E2%80%99s-deep) since there is the 'Huntsman' line that they
    Being able to shoot on the move is a huge advantage over any enemy.
    ]. Be interesting to see if we get more then 1 or 2 skills to use on the move.

The difference between a well played hunter and an average hunter in the 'moors is enormous, in my opinion. It's pretty simple to run around, gear swapping with improved fleetness but it can be challenging when a creep uses a significant cooldown, you're absolutely right.

This is one of the ways in which decent hunters differentiate themselves from the average hunters - how they deal with creep cooldowns.

So for example, imagine a BA uses moving target, in an open field fight. If you're slowed and at range, now would be the time to use your bubble to remove the slow and get into melee range. This is where you show the BA how good your movement is, and dance around him hitting with your melee skills, using swift stroke and agile rejoinder as much as possible, whilst saving blindside for when you can see him inducting a skill. This approach works well if you know for sure he doesn't have traps down - the fire trap can be crippling. If you know for sure there are traps down, this is where you stay at range, switch to your vitality gear and to your clicky weapon (which has crit defense, morale relics, and press onward cooldown legacy), and pray that press onward buys you enough time. Also, you can ensure a dps skill hits the BA if you use it whilst he is dazed - remember to space distracting shot and dazing blow out a bit so that the diminishing returns on CC doesn't reduce the duration of the daze too much.

There's probably some other good techniques out there to deal with MT, but this is what I usually do at least. It's true that gear does play a very important part in the hunters' effectiveness in the 'moors, but your strategies are also key. There's usually a way to deal with most (if not all) creep cooldowns, it's all about refining your technique.

Hope this helped,

Yate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatemeister View Post
    The difference between a well played hunter and an average hunter in the 'moors is enormous, in my opinion. It's pretty simple to run around, gear swapping with improved fleetness but it can be challenging when a creep uses a significant cooldown, you're absolutely right.

This is one of the ways in which decent hunters differentiate themselves from the average hunters - how they deal with creep cooldowns.

So for example, imagine a BA uses moving target, in an open field fight. If you're slowed and at range, now would be the time to use your bubble to remove the slow and get into melee range. This is where you show the BA how good your movement is, and dance around him hitting with your melee skills, using swift stroke and agile rejoinder as much as possible, whilst saving blindside for when you can see him inducting a skill. This approach works well if you know for sure he doesn't have traps down - the fire trap can be crippling. If you know for sure there are traps down, this is where you stay at range, switch to your vitality gear and to your clicky weapon (which has crit defense, morale relics, and press onward cooldown legacy), and pray that press onward buys you enough time. Also, you can ensure a dps skill hits the BA if you use it whilst he is dazed - remember to space distracting shot and dazing blow out a bit so that the diminishing returns on CC doesn't reduce the duration of the daze too much.

There's probably some other good techniques out there to deal with MT, but this is what I usually do at least. It's true that gear does play a very important part in the hunters' effectiveness in the 'moors, but your strategies are also key. There's usually a way to deal with most (if not all) creep cooldowns, it's all about refining your technique.

Hope this helped,

Yate.
    It might help, if I wouldn't be dead by the time the Press Onwards induction is done. Merely Hips/QnW/Fell Restoration I get annoyed with.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight