We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Connection between the game and the web: Lotteries

Two days ago, I wanted to join LOTRO.COM lotteries with my character, which is on the 16th level. Chars from lvl 10 were eligible, I've been logged in (the same login and password as in game) but it said that no character was eligible. What was the problem?

The only lottery that was active in the last few days was the one in which they gave away HD pre-order codes, so I'll assume that is the lottery you are talking about.

This particular lottery was broken up into a number of sub-lotteries, on for each server. For most other lotteries, all your characters will join the same (sub)lottery since there is only one which covers all servers. But for the HD lottery, you got a list of lotteries and had to find the one for the server(s) that your character(s) are on. All other lotteries would give the message "no eligible characters", which really meant "no eligible characters on this server" in this special case.
    So maybe you simply didn't scroll down the list of sub-lotteries to find the one which your character(s) could enter?

(I hope I managed to explain how the HD lottery was different from others. It's kinda complicated, especially since "normal" lotteries work a little different.)

Quote Originally Posted by martivan View Post
    Two days ago, I wanted to join LOTRO.COM lotteries with my character, which is on the 16th level. Chars from lvl 10 were eligible, I've been logged in (the same login and password as in game) but it said that no character was eligible. What was the problem?
    It is long outstanding known issue with the data exports from the game database servers to the web servers. You will have to wait for the web database to get the data for your character.

Please read this thread:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...a-Not-Updating
    provide the requested information.

For more information on this problem please read:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...y-Known-Issues
    this thread
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.