We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The pre order armour

I have to say, I really like the pre order cosmetic armour. Usually, I trash cosmetics that are given out, but this time I really like it. And having the matching regular mount is awesome too. I have a level 10 wearing the set and riding the horse!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Me too - three of my characters are now wearing it .

Khafar

I have to be honest and say I was a tad disappointed with the new armour set. It's a little too close to the RoR set for starters. The shoulders are a bit odd and furthermore the backend shield shouldn't be there. What if you play a guard who wears a shield? You've got a shield in your hands and a shield on your back. Isnt that a bit odd? I would've loved a cloak instead. Maybe its just me, but that's how I see it.

I know its still part of the RoR universe and the armour should match that in some ways, but there could've been more tweaks to the set to really make it stand out from the ROR set.

Just my two cents.

To me: cannot be dyed, will not be bought. Pants and shirt in one is a nono too! Still, it's decent style just so half finished given these two (again in my view) errors.

I think the cosmetics are great. Not being able to dye them does somewhat limit their use, however.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Quote Originally Posted by JustAmy View Post
    I have to be honest and say I was a tad disappointed with the new armour set. It's a little too close to the RoR set for starters. The shoulders are a bit odd and furthermore the backend shield shouldn't be there. What if you play a guard who wears a shield? You've got a shield in your hands and a shield on your back. Isnt that a bit odd? I would've loved a cloak instead. Maybe its just me, but that's how I see it.
    I have the same opinion.
    While the new cosmetic look is nice, it is too similar to the RoR set which in combination with some RoI preorder pieces I use as a main outfit for my LM. The new helmet and shoulders look too bulky for my taste and the shield on the back is not something I would ever use. It just looks silly with a staff, a halberd or an elvish RK dress.

For RoI and RoR cosmetic armour was the main motivation for me to preorder the premium/legendary versions of those expansions. Cosmetic offer for HD does not interest me at all (but it definitely would if I did not have RoR cosmetics already)
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

I really like the armor set as well. Especially the hauberk and shield.

If you'd like a different look with the shoulders, I recommend the crafted dwarf-iron or heavy dwarf-iron shoulders. Dyed grey will work out best. They share the mail look with the hauberk and I think it's a great match. An alternative that's more heavy armor looking would be the hyrde-axle from Dunland, dyed grey as well.

Only, such a shame they can't be dyed! Please make them dyable, Turbine, like you did with the Steed of Michel Delving?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    I have the same opinion.
    While the new cosmetic look is nice, it is too similar to the RoR set which in combination with some RoI preorder pieces I use as a main outfit for my LM. The new helmet and shoulders look too bulky for my taste and the shield on the back is not something I would ever use. It just looks silly with a staff, a halberd or an elvish RK dress.

For RoI and RoR cosmetic armour was the main motivation for me to preorder the premium/legendary versions of those expansions. Cosmetic offer for HD does not interest me at all (but it definitely would if I did not have RoR cosmetics already)
    To me, the similarity is a plus, in that I can use some of the earlier pieces with the new to change it up a bit. The shield is more about the benefits, than the look. Make it invisible if on a cosmetic or only use it as armor and use a cloak on the cosmetic side...

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    To me: cannot be dyed, will not be bought. Pants and shirt in one is a nono too! Still, it's decent style just so half finished given these two (again in my view) errors.
    I agree.

"You shall not dye" is really getting annoying.

in my opinion rohan pre order armour looks better then HD pre order. well at least it looks like a heavier armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I have to say, I really like the pre order cosmetic armour. Usually, I trash cosmetics that are given out, but this time I really like it. And having the matching regular mount is awesome too. I have a level 10 wearing the set and riding the horse!
    I really like the looks of the HD armor as well.
    And since I generally play Hobbits and men of Rohan it fits my Rohan characters well.
    Did you buy the pre-order Nymphonic? I recall you posting somewhere that you intended to use TP for HD.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Personally I found the whole bundle lacking the only good this was the crystal of remembrance. This would have been my 3rd pre-order and I did not see anything in it that made me go wow I got to have it. Mediocre at best, If they would have finally offered the XP dis-abler this time for a change I would have bought. This time I will just wait and buy it when it comes up for 50% off in the past I bought the pre-order for my main account and for my 2 alt accounts I would buy it when the sale came up this time I get them all when the sale comes up, and just get the basic version too

Last time they got me with the 6th bag I just had to have that but the 10 extra quest thing seems a bit useless too

I really hate then cosmetics from all the expansions so far. I remember standing in the bank right after the release of ROI and having like 5 or 6 people all wearing the same outfit. They need to make this stuff so you can dye it so it might have some use. I only use any of the stuff to run my toons out of intro anyway. After being here for a few years I come out of intro with my choice of like 8 horses.

I wish they would just give you Mitril coins so you could just get a out fit from the market some with the horse offer a token to get say your class horse make it so you could have something more original. This stuff would be like being a girl that shows up to her prom and all the girls are wearing the same dress.

I just thought the whole release was not very good if you been for the last 2 expansions. I would think its pretty good for the folks that are getting there first pre-release then it would be good for them. Its always nice to have something to put on in intro. I also like the shield thing instead of the cloak for a change there is a tons of nice cloak in the game but that was something original but i hear most folk complaining about it. It not like u have to use it and on the right toon I bet its great .

Now if I would have made up the pre-release

It would have came with
    100 mitril coins
    XP token
    Xp disabler tooken
    Token to get the class horse
    Crystal of remembrance
    2000 turbine Points
    1 month VIP time card

Kept the price 70 like it was last time for this bundle it would have been worth every dime
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post
    Did you buy the pre-order Nymphonic? I recall you posting somewhere that you intended to use TP for HD.

Some kind anonymous soul sent me a gift code through Turbine. I was so happy because I'm in serious financial difficulties right now, and my video card dying doesn't help matter ROFL!

Who ever sent the code, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    Personally I found the whole bundle lacking the only good this was the crystal of remembrance. This would have been my 3rd pre-order and I did not see anything in it that made me go wow I got to have it. Mediocre at best, If they would have finally offered the XP dis-abler this time for a change I would have bought. This time I will just wait and buy it when it comes up for 50% off in the past I bought the pre-order for my main account and for my 2 alt accounts I would buy it when the sale came up this time I get them all when the sale comes up, and just get the basic version too

Last time they got me with the 6th bag I just had to have that but the 10 extra quest thing seems a bit useless too

I really hate then cosmetics from all the expansions so far. I remember standing in the bank right after the release of ROI and having like 5 or 6 people all wearing the same outfit. They need to make this stuff so you can dye it so it might have some use. I only use any of the stuff to run my toons out of intro anyway. After being here for a few years I come out of intro with my choice of like 8 horses.

I wish they would just give you Mitril coins so you could just get a out fit from the market some with the horse offer a token to get say your class horse make it so you could have something more original. This stuff would be like being a girl that shows up to her prom and all the girls are wearing the same dress.

I just thought the whole release was not very good if you been for the last 2 expansions. I would think its pretty good for the folks that are getting there first pre-release then it would be good for them. Its always nice to have something to put on in intro. I also like the shield thing instead of the cloak for a change there is a tons of nice cloak in the game but that was something original but i hear most folk complaining about it. It not like u have to use it and on the right toon I bet its great .

Now if I would have made up the pre-release

It would have came with
    100 mitril coins
    XP token
    Xp disabler tooken
    Token to get the class horse
    Crystal of remembrance
    2000 turbine Points
    1 month VIP time card

Kept the price 70 like it was last time for this bundle it would have been worth every dime

I wish everyone knew how to write a constructive criticism post like this. He laid out his concerns and stated specifically what he wasn't happy with and even gave a suggestion on what he thought would be fair for $70.

A lot of threads and posts are just "Turbine is cheap" and so on.

Good post, I like it.
    Last edited by Nymphonic; Oct 17 2013 at 01:41 AM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Edited: Double post. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post

I just thought the whole release was not very good if you been for the last 2 expansions. I would think its pretty good for the folks that are getting there first pre-release then it would be good for them. Its always nice to have something to put on in intro.
    Excellent post and ^^^this suggestion particularly^^^ is a really good idea! I hope they listen for next time.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Some kind anonymous soul sent me a gift code through Turbine. I was so happy because I'm in serious financial difficulties right now, and my video card dying doesn't help matter ROFL!

Who ever sent the code, thank you! .
    Cool !

I purchased the pre-order early so if I had won one of the free copy giveaways I also planned to give it to a kinnie.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    Excellent post and ^^^this suggestion particularly^^^ is a really good idea! I hope they listen for next time.
    What's so good about that suggestion? They gave TP with the pre-order so you could buy mithril coins and use them, or spend it in Store. Clearly TP is a superior choice when compared with mithril coins?

It looks cool, but I'm a bit 'meh' on it.

As has been previously stated: it can't be dyed, shirt and pants are combined, and the shield on the back doesn't work well with Wardens and Guards (my main). I will certainly buy the expansion at some point, but these incentives haven't drawn me to the preorder.

Expansion armour has never been dyable. Not sure why people are still focused on this.

Expansion armour has been more or less military uniforms (used loosely but I think you can understand). And as a military uniform you really cant go around changing the colors or design in anyway. You represent that faction/race/whatever with that outfit. So in a sense I can understand why its not meant to be tampered with.

Just my thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAmy View Post
    Expansion armour has never been dyable. Not sure why people are still focused on this.

Expansion armour has been more or less military uniforms (used loosely but I think you can understand). And as a military uniform you really cant go around changing the colors or design in anyway. You represent that faction/race/whatever with that outfit. So in a sense I can understand why its not meant to be tampered with.

Just my thoughts on it.
    It's a core value for the game company to keep stuff looking great. I saw a miniature horde of same-same-looking people on same-looking horses riding around the Shire earlier. I don't think some military restriction should get in the way of enjoying our wardrobes, sorry: I just think it's laziness that it can't be dyed. A small, mean cost-saving effort that is pushing me away. Same for the onesies, please allow me to match some pants with that chest-piece, even if it's somehow against military regulations!