We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A bit puzzled about the Shield of Hammerhand...

ok, got the pre-order extras, and the "box" the shield comes in says it will be "appropriate to your class"

First char that opened it was my LM, got a light armor shield, all good.

Second char didn't really look, just opened it, put it on, and toddled off to war.

Third char DID look, which prompted char 4 to check his out. They are ALL light armor, even though 3 of my chars are Hunters, and use Medium.

Is this a glitch, because the LM opened hers first? What happens if I make a char that needs Heavy?

Although it's named shield, it goes on the back slot. Think of it as a cloak, all cloaks are light armour
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002232c7/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

As JuanD said, it's light armour because it's technically a cosmetic cloak that appears as a shield.

What is appropriate to your class is the stats you get, which are slightly different.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Quote Originally Posted by JuanD View Post
    Although it's named shield, it goes on the back slot. Think of it as a cloak, all cloaks are light armour
    hmmm... never noticed that all cloaks were Light...

Some Tailor I am!!

(and yes, I see how it makes sense, the detail just slipped by me)

Btw, if you wonder about the constantly low armor value, there is a explanation:
    The armor property of this cloak won't level with you, but there is a stat that gives additional armor, that one gets adjusted.