We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Update 11.5 Release Calculation- time of the skirmish values

What happens to client during the calculation-time in game? Can one play? Is it slow then?
    How do I know calculation is done/ongoing? Where do I exactly see that?
    If leaving too early and crashing the client - will it be broken or damaged - do I have to reinstall?
    What about a DC during these times (status nascendi)?

Informations would be welcome.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by fiorello View Post
    What happens to client during the calculation-time in game? Can one play? Is it slow then?
    If leaving too early and crashing the client - will it be broken or damaged - do I have to reinstall?

Informations would be welcome.

The client plays as usual, from what I understand. It will load after you get in game, rather than during the load screen. Hopefully, this will drastically increase character load time for many of us.

You can likely see it if you're speaking to a skirmish captain or skirmish bard where you can see your trait levels and such.

Unlikely to break or damage. At least, I hope so. I don't foresee Turbine knowingly making something that will ruin an install. I only hope the load isn't too slow as I character hop every morning (along with when transferring items via shared storage), and I'd hate to crash because I didn't wait long enough.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Obviously these answers are speculation based on the current U11.5 Release Notes.

Pre-U11.5 behavior: Calculations are complete by the time you can move your character around. In-game impact is an increase in the amount of time you login. Characters that run many skirms or instances will take longer to login than characters that don't run as much group content.

Expected U11.5 behavior: You'll be able to move the character around during this time. Calculations will run in the background. All systems may see higher CPU usage during this time, though I wouldn't expect it to be much higher than pre-U11.5 CPU usage. Low-spec systems may see FPS drops due to the increased CPU usage; high-spec systems shouldn't notice at all. Characters that run many skirms & instances will observe any performance drop for longer than characters that don't run as much group content.

Ctrl-K is the default keybinding to bring up the Skirmish Panel; you can also find this on the system menu on your quickslot bar. The default tab ("Stats") displays the skirmish statistics that this change affects.

Pre-U11.5 behavior: Calculations are done during login, so opening this panel immediately after login shows up-to-date statistics.

Expected U11.5 behavior: Opening this panel immediately after login will show some kind of "Please Wait" message while the background calculation is in progress.

Very unlikely. Worst-case scenario, you have to kill the client process in Task Manager before restarting.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

i am so glad they tracked down the issue that caused this. My main toon who i did skirms and instances, haven't latley but i have done them. Anyways, my main toon had this issue. I would go to log in and constantly get a time out error and have to shut down lotro client and restart it. My alt characters have never done skirms or instances yet as they are mostly crafting toons. None of my 15 alts have this issue.

now i cant wait till Mondays update so i can see the difference. LOL

*Checks ctrl-k for previously unknown panel*

Neat!

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Moln View Post
    *Checks ctrl-k for previously unknown panel*

Neat!
    Same. Never knew that existed. lol
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Seems like a pretty small update. There were quite a few things I was hoping would come, but maybe 11.6 will do the trick.
    Can I has fixed Fornost and ITA lootboxes?

Quote Originally Posted by masumane View Post
    Seems like a pretty small update. There were quite a few things I was hoping would come, but maybe 11.6 will do the trick.
    I would imagine it is a major update for those players who are unable to login because the client times out before completing the skirmish calculations!
    TANSTAAFL