We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Class challenge instances

The low level class quests are pretty fun IMO, a unique way to show a player what their class can do. Ok, not all of them so much, but I like the ones where the challenge is really specifically designed for a class role.

The issue with skirmish stats reminded me that I've never heard of anyone comparing skirmish stats or setting out to increase their stats, and got me thinking that stats for specific class or role instances would be something that I think a lot of people would be interested in. Not me personally, but I've seen enough people arguing about who is a better DPS/Tank/Healer in pve that a solo challenge with stats and rankings would be used. For the less rank oriented, I'm assuming such instances would be fun battles in their own right.

I like the variety in instances we have now, but a few designed to for us to go wild trying to max out our dps or say, tank an unending stream of enemies for as long as we can survive could be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaBone View Post
    The low level class quests are pretty fun IMO, a unique way to show a player what their class can do. Ok, not all of them so much, but I like the ones where the challenge is really specifically designed for a class role...
    We discused that not long ago: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...lass+challenge
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Oct 12 2013 at 10:47 AM.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

I've heard people compare the speed they can go through a certain skirmish (per stats) if they weren't using the Combat Analysis plugin.

For your tank scenario, the survival skirmish with endless waves of enemies provides for that.

So skirmish stats provide what you are seeking, although for healers, the HPS from plugins is probably more useful, but applied to a uniform NPC (you hear healers asking tanks what their incoming heal rating is after being surprised at an unusually large crit).
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    I've heard people compare the speed they can go through a certain skirmish (per stats) if they weren't using the Combat Analysis plugin.

For your tank scenario, the survival skirmish with endless waves of enemies provides for that.

So skirmish stats provide what you are seeking, although for healers, the HPS from plugins is probably more useful, but applied to a uniform NPC (you hear healers asking tanks what their incoming heal rating is after being surprised at an unusually large crit).
    Skirmishes can vary wildly when it comes to difficulty and the challenges they present. What enemies spawn can really make one run of a skirmish totally different from the next. If I challenged a champion to a DPS race with each of us doing skirmishes, a few Wretched Falconers could massively slow one of us down, or a Frigid Squall could require us to set up some extra tact mit instead of maxing DPS.

I imagine the difficulty over time of skirmishes on a graph would look like an erratic heartbeat. Training dummies are a flat horizontal line. Uniform class challenges could be a nice addition if they were designed as a steady 45 degree angle.

I've never heard of anyone comparing a single run for the reasons you mentioned. The skirmish stats show best time and aggregates anyway. Most would skip counter-attacks, minimizing lieutenants.

*shrugs, it's all kind of moot when there's plug-ins covering it now anyway.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm