We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down I need Enedwaith Quest Help Regarding: A Matter Of Doubt / Feeding The Company

I was questing in Enedwaith. I noticed a red warning on a quest I was reading. It says if I accept the quest I won't be able to get a different quest. So, I checked internet and found out it's important to get the quest A Matter of Doubt.

So, I declined this quest Feeding the Company. I searched high and low for this other quest A Matter of Doubt but cannot find it.

I went back to internet and checked the Lorebook, LotRO Wiki, plus all other sites, and they all say the same thing:

Quest: A Matter of Doubt
    Category: Enedwaith
    Prerequisite Quest: Feeding the Company

Um, so this is a catch-22. It tells me if I take Feeding rthe Company I cannot get A Matter of Doubt, yet all the internet sites say in order to get A Matter of Doubt, I must take Feeding the Company!?

Check this screenshot. I am talking to the Ranger Andreg. On the left you can see Andreg only offers the one quest. On the right you can see the red warning telling me not to take the quest.

The Internet also says Andreg is the guy who gives A Matter of Doubt.

So, what am I supposed to do now?

**To see the image full screen right click and open it in separate window**

Re: I need Enedwaith Quest Help Regarding: A Matter Of Doubt / Feeding The Company

Don't accept the quest, back out. Talk to the NPC again...he should have 2 quests...A Matter of Doubt and Feeding the Company.

Both have red text, both exclude you from doing the other. Pick the one you want.
    [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=yellowgreen][I][B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000000962/01001/signature.png]Arbalister[/charsig][/B][/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=yellowgreen][I][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/gladden/arbalister/"]My LOTRO[/URL] and [URL="http://www.arbalister.com"]Arbalister.com[/URL][/B][/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Rise_of_Isengard_FAQ_by_Seedley"]Rise of Isengard Lorebook FAQ[/URL].[/CENTER]

Cool Re: I need Enedwaith Quest Help Regarding: A Matter Of Doubt / Feeding The Company

By picking one u will be locked out of the other.

One gives what at least used to be the only really easy soloable gold token daily quests and a chain of quests that gives rep for one of the two factions in Enedwaith.

The only other daily gold token quests are in a bit harder area, called Thrors Comb. Some can be done soloable but still requires more travelling and work than that one. Some need a small group as they are a bit harder.

Been so long so I can't remember which was what.

I know they added more quests since then for that faction as well, so might not be as important anymore which one u chose.

HOWEVER one might still give the only easy soloable gold token quests, so might still be important which quest line u chose.

Someone else doing this recently might be able to provide info on which one gives what line.
    Last edited by HOD; Sep 10 2011 at 07:58 PM.
    I play both creep and freep but can´t get mylotro to work properly with my toons on the former European Servers. 1 month 20 days and still not working when typing this. Can´t be bothered to try to mess with it anymore.

Re: I need Enedwaith Quest Help Regarding: A Matter Of Doubt / Feeding The Company

Take a matter of doubt. The other makes it very difficult to ever get rep with the aldraig. If you search the forums you should find and in depth explanation.

When I close all windows and talk to Andreg, he only ever has Feeding the Company available. he never offers the other option. Even after turning off my computer and rebooting.

I'd file a /bug report on this one.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001d5a74/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Play it again, Samwise.
    Now on Windfola: Meerborn (H) Dotswillecho (B) Summoraen (LM) Gluvoin (M) Arifeld (Capt) Felaeon (RK) Bombee (W)

Quote Originally Posted by enginekid88 View Post
    When I close all windows and talk to Andreg, he only ever has Feeding the Company available. he never offers the other option. Even after turning off my computer and rebooting.
    There are two "Feeding the Company" quests. The first time you go to Echad Saerdan, you will be offered - "Feeding the Company" original which is once per character - It will not have the green circle thing saying repeatable. You MUST do this quest.

After you turn it in. You will be offered:
    1) Feeding the Company repeatable
    2) Matter of Doubt

Both will have a red warning text at the bottom. Make sure to take "Matter of Doubt".
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I think I know what is wrong. I looked through my quest log at Enedwaith completed quests. Feeding the company, and Feeding the company repeatable are both there. Somehow I did it twice and don't even remember. Ugh. It must have been late at night.

Thanks for the replies, and sorry about the mistake. Just file this thread under G.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelitasque View Post
    Take a matter of doubt. The other makes it very difficult to ever get rep with the aldraig. If you search the forums you should find and in depth explanation.
    that is not correct anymore

there are a number of new quests for the algraig
    it is in fact much easier to get rep with the algraig now than the grey company (around 5000-6000 rep for the algraig but only 2600 for the grey company/day if you take "a matter of doubt")

i'd recommend taking the other one
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b36d8/signature.png]Slartibart[/charsig]
    "O Captain! My Captain!"[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by fidelitasque View Post
    It is easy to get reputation with Algraig these days. The "Matter of Doubt" line is nice because the repeatable quest awards a Gold token for solo play.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I have another question. Apart from doing Nar's peak quests, I have completed all the quests and Epic line in Enedwaith. My reputation with the Grey Company is Ally, at the start of the kindred tier, and my rep with Algraig is only half way towards the kindred tier.

is it normal that Algraig lags so far behind after completing the zone?

I have another question. Apart from doing Nar's peak quests, I have completed all the quests and Epic line in Enedwaith. My reputation with the Grey Company is Ally, at the start of the kindred tier, and my rep with Algraig is only half way towards the kindred tier.

is it normal that Algraig lags so far behind after completing the zone?
    i think so yes however now there's plenty of repeatables to go around for the algraig (3 in lhanuch, 1 north beyond the bridge [only if you accepted matter of doubt] 2 even further north of that position and 1 southeast of lhanuch [you might have missed that part.. there are a couple non repeatable quests you can get from that guy for algraig rep]) so it shouldn't be hard for you to catch up with algraig rep
    Last edited by flyingcircus; Sep 10 2011 at 09:24 PM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b36d8/signature.png]Slartibart[/charsig]
    "O Captain! My Captain!"[/CENTER]

I think I know what is wrong. I looked through my quest log at Enedwaith completed quests. Feeding the company, and Feeding the company repeatable are both there. Somehow I did it twice and don't even remember. Ugh. It must have been late at night.

Thanks for the replies, and sorry about the mistake. Just file this thread under G.
    On the plus side, now there are new Algraig quests, it's the Grey Company rep that takes longer so, unless every gold token counts for you, it's actually easier for you this way.

You can solo the Gwibber (kill the little ones) and the egg smashing quests for gold tokens quite easily. Depending on your class and level it's also possible to solo giants one on one but it is rather tedious.
    L85 KOA, L66 MoNF, L51 AM & L30 Hybrid Loremasters; L62 Burglar; L65 Champion; L73 Minstrel; L65 Captain; L39 Hunter; L65 Warden; L65 Runekeeper; L85 Guardian - Laurelin

Thumbs up Re: I need Enedwaith Quest Help Regarding: A Matter Of Doubt / Feeding The Company

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    There are two "Feeding the Company" quests. The first time you go to Echad Saerdan, you will be offered - "Feeding the Company" original which is once per character - It will not have the green circle thing saying repeatable. You MUST do this quest.

After you turn it in. You will be offered:
    1) Feeding the Company repeatable
    2) Matter of Doubt

Both will have a red warning text at the bottom. Make sure to take "Matter of Doubt".
    Just a very quick note to say: many thanks, Yula, for offering such a clear, accurate and precise answer to a question which seems to be causing a *lot* of consternation and confusion, both in-game and on the Forums.

I myself, since I am trying for as many Gold Tokens and as much Algraig Reputation as possible just at present, am more than grateful to you for providing such an excellent answer. I read several threads on the topic before hitting lucky with your post, and was really none the wiser, such is the confusion over the "Feeding the Company" vs "A Matter of Doubt" Quest lines.

I was uncertain as to whether it was "safe" to take the first, non-repeatable version of "Feeding the Company", since it certainly seems to be a Quest which one *should* take, and yet I had heard scare stories about how doing so would lock me out of future Algraig Reputation Quests. Thank you very much for confirming that I can safely go ahead with the first "Feeding the Company" Quest but then avoid the repeatable version which follows.

+Rep to you for providing such a highly useful, well-written, concise and absolutely clear analysis of the issue.

Best,

Demelza of Lórien
    Friend of the Wild and Lady of Streams

This just happened to me, as well. I did the first (non-repeatable) Feeding The Company quest, and was very careful NOT to take the repeatable one, since I wanted to do A Matter of Doubt instead; but it was never offered, and a check of my log showed I had completed the repeatable already, even though I definitely had not. I'm going to submit it as a /bug.

No matter which repeatable you do, you can finish rep within a week for both factions. There were so many more repeatables for the Algraig that I went with Grey Company. Only finished Grey Company a day before Algraig. Nothing was bugged when I made my choice between the two (about a month ago?).
    [CENTER][COLOR=#009966][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3][I][FONT=palatino linotype]I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]--------------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#cc9933][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffcc66]> [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffcc66][FONT=franklin gothic medium]Founder of [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=franklin gothic medium][U][URL="http://legacyofnarsilion.guildlaunch.com/"][COLOR=#99ff99]Legacy of Narsilion[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ffcc66] <[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff6600]- [FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=2]Extra Life Gamer | [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][U][URL="http://www.extra-life.org/participant/89904"][COLOR=#ff0033]Captain[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ff6600][FONT=franklin gothic medium], [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium]--------------------------------------------------[/FONT][/CENTER]