We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need help returning to game

Hi:
    I have not played LOTRO for about two years, and I don't recall my account info. How do I retrieve it so I can retrieve my characters (which were maxed out and well geared when I left)?
    If this is not possible, I guess I wont be coming back, but I cant believe my account info is not stored somewhere!
    Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Talyndor View Post
    Hi:
    I have not played LOTRO for about two years, and I don't recall my account info. How do I retrieve it so I can retrieve my characters (which were maxed out and well geared when I left)?
    If you are from the EU and you opened your account with Codemasters, then I'm sorry but your account is gone. You missed the window during which you could transfer it to Turbine. But if you were playing 2 years ago, then that's pretty unlikely and your account (and all your characters) is still there.

If you can't remember your account info, your best bet is to contact Support. Here's how: http://support.turbine.com/link/port...stomer-Support
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

I found myself in the exact same situation today.

What I did was to go to the Turbine Accounts page and click on the link that says "Forgot Username" or something close to that. It will then ask for the email address associated with your account. Once you enter that, it will send you your username (or, in my case, usernames) and you have to go back to the Account page. I think that you are required at that point to enter a new password. Once you enter the new password, you will see a list of the accounts you have or had with Turbine and you can choose which one to re-activate.

I spoke with a tech support rep who helped me out with the process and asked her if my account still existed- that is, if I still had my characters and equipment. She said that they did NOT delete accounts, so all that I had, with the possible exception of my housing (I am in the process of downloading the game again so no idea if I still have my house. I do recall receiving several "Rent Is Due" emails so maybe that's gone, which, if true, I'll hate...but I can rebuild things). You shouldn't have to start completely over in terms of levels or equipment, though I would suspect that having to re-learn the game is going to be bad enough.

Thank you for informations, as I'm having excatly same problem.