We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Product Key you entered is not valid for use. If you believe this is an error, pl

[ERROR -30021]: The Product Key you entered is not valid for use. If you believe this is an error, please contact the business from whom you received the Product Key.

If you are receiving this error message during account creation process, your Product Key is either incorrect or has already been used. Please make sure that the Product Key is being entered correctly.

If you are receiving this message during account creation, you may have already used the product key to create your account. Try logging into the game or myaccount.turbine.com with the Username and Password that you selected during account creation.

Please note that Codemasters European LOTRO or DDO product keys are no longer valid for use. If your product key has any references to Codemasters, the product key cannot be used to either create or upgrade an account.

If this message continues to display, please contact the retailer from which you purchased the Product Key.

Seriously? The game i bought is useless then?? Any suggestion here?? I m in trouble!

Where did you buy the key?

If it was a physical box, and you bought it in Europe, and it has a Codemasters logo on it, then it might be useles as CM gave up running their servers 2 years ago.

If that is the case, your only recourse is to demand a refund from the seller. If they are a commercial compan, then you sould be OK as what they sold you is not fit for purpose. If it was a private aseller, then you may be dependent on their goodwill.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

Product keys can only be used once. If you are experiencing issues with an unused product key, definitely contact Account Support using the information in my signature and we will be happy to take a further look.
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a specific team, click the "Submit a Ticket" link on the homepage.
    English Account/Store Support is available from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday-Thursday; 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Friday (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO

Most likley one of these two issues apply:

1) You bought a non-Turbine product such as a Codemasters box. The keys inside a Codemasters box only work with the Codemasters Lotro Store. Unfortunately, Codemasters no longer operates a Lotro service. So these keys are worthless.

2) You bought a box with that has previously opened and the key used. Keys are single use. You have a low cost used box (even if it is not labeled that way by the seller). You wasted your money.

In both of these cases, you need to go after the seller to get a refund.

If you do not know why the key does not work. Call Turbine Account Management. They can tell what kind of key it is. The can tell if the key has ever been used. They should have a record of which account the key was applied to and when. They can manually apply the key to your account if the system is incorrectly rejecting the key.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Sooo nice

I bought the game, i got no answer to my tickets. I spend money to make a phone probably more than tha game cost, i got no sollution via the phone. I had to call to the seller and the seller cant do anything and now i have to call to another! So tell me, do i have to pay so much money becuz i bought an old cd key that i didnt know is old? Do i have to spend so much time and so more money for a mistake that isnt mine? And here i am with my cd and the box and an old useless cd key. Thank you for your try to help me but wasnt enough! I wont spend even a minute more in my telephone for you.... And the funny is that i cant give back the game for my money. Isnt it nice?....

Quote Originally Posted by Sixxam View Post
    I bought the game, i got no answer to my tickets.
    Your original post was Wednesday at 4:01 PM - Eastern Time. It is currently 4:11 PM on Thursday. That is little over 24 hours. You haven't given Turbine long enough to process your first ticket. Every time you put in a new ticket, it my understanding that you delay or reset the clock. You got to give the nice humans time to process your ticket. It might take several working days to get a resolution.

You desire a quick response. You are going to have to open the wallet. Call Turbine:
    http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/contactUs.asp
    on the telephone when the lines are open.

It would be nice if Turbine processed all internet - email tickets faster. That is not the way Turbine works.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I bought the game, i got no answer to my tickets. I spend money to make a phone probably more than tha game cost, i got no sollution via the phone. I had to call to the seller and the seller cant do anything and now i have to call to another! So tell me, do i have to pay so much money becuz i bought an old cd key that i didnt know is old? Do i have to spend so much time and so more money for a mistake that isnt mine? And here i am with my cd and the box and an old useless cd key. Thank you for your try to help me but wasnt enough! I wont spend even a minute more in my telephone for you.... And the funny is that i cant give back the game for my money. Isnt it nice?....
    A couple of things I'm curious about:

Who's mistake do you think it is?

What "game" did you buy exactly?

The Lord of the Rings Online is a free-to-play game and you don't need to buy anything to play it. You already have an account as you can post here, just download the game and use that account to log-in and play.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

The fault here all lies with whoever sold you the game. If the seller is a company in Europe, they are obliged to refund your purchase.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]