We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is your favorite LotR race?

Humans/Race of Man: This race to be the typical norm in most,if not all mmos.

Hobbits: Hobbit are a fun and decadent race,I like how they like eating,lounging around for a smoke,and partying. Who would suspect a hoobit?

Dwarves/Dwarfs: I like this race,they're so tough,strong,and manly. "Nobody tosses a dwarf!!" And I do like the sharp and shiny axes.

Elves: This race is pretty featured,magical,and nature-loving.

Re: What is your favorite LotR race?

Dang, I was gonna go with the Hobbit Festival race.

Smile Re: What is your favorite LotR race?

Dwarves

Among the finest craftsmen of Middle-earth, sturdy and stubborn.
    Excels in combat and proficiency in axes. Did I mention I happen to be a dwarf IRL?.

Anything but human:-) They are too ordinary:-) I have 3 Hobbits, 3 Elfs, 2 Dwarfs and a Human, but just because it's the only race that can be captain and I wanted a character of each classes.

I love Hobbits because...well...they're the first race Tolkien introduces us to. I love their love of hearth, home, family, food, and comfort (not necessarily in that order). I love that they are both traditional and inventive (about different things), connected to the earth, but not so ethereal as to appear otherworldly like many of the elves. I like that they are quick of hand and mind, and surprisingly agile enough to be difficult to harm, have an almost magical instinct for disappearing if necessary, and are tougher of body and mind than almost anyone or thing gives them credit for. There's a reason why the only known Ring-bearer to give up the Ring of Power to another (more or less) of his own free will was a Hobbit, and of course why it was that even with all of the ancient and supernaturally wise powers still dwelling in Middle Earth at the time, it was only a Hobbit that could have carried and destroyed the One Ring. Without the little people, so unassuming in nature and ambition, there would literally be no Middle-Earth - or at least not one where good and free people dwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndelleu View Post
    I love Hobbits because...well...they're the first race Tolkien introduces us to. I love their love of hearth, home, family, food, and comfort (not necessarily in that order). I love that they are both traditional and inventive (about different things), connected to the earth, but not so ethereal as to appear otherworldly like many of the elves. I like that they are quick of hand and mind, and surprisingly agile enough to be difficult to harm, have an almost magical instinct for disappearing if necessary, and are tougher of body and mind than almost anyone or thing gives them credit for. There's a reason why the only known Ring-bearer to give up the Ring of Power to another (more or less) of his own free will was a Hobbit, and of course why it was that even with all of the ancient and supernaturally wise powers still dwelling in Middle Earth at the time, it was only a Hobbit that could have carried and destroyed the One Ring. Without the little people, so unassuming in nature and ambition, there would literally be no Middle-Earth - or at least not one where good and free people dwell.
    Amen brother,I very much agree with you there.

I like elf, but Turbine make them... well... Hmm... So I like human in lotro, they look good with any cosmetic.

Hobbits are my favorite. They were my favorite characters in the books and hobbits in the game still make me smile when I see them sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    Hobbits are my favorite.
    With your monster character in your signature, I'm not sure how to interpret that:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bergard View Post
    With your monster character in your signature, I'm not sure how to interpret that:-)
    That one's a real LOL! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bergard View Post
    No way!! That's a friendly, vegetarian rank-0 spider. I am hobbit through and through. Would anyone but a true hobbit fan have a guardian that looks like this?:

I rest my hobbit case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblelicious View Post
    elf female umm
    There are male elves?!?!

I'm kidding.

My favourite is elves too. I love the mystical, magical quality.

And POINTY EARS.

Human and Dwarf ! Female dwarfs ftw !! ))

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblelicious View Post
    elf female umm
    Proper term would be just an "Elf" considering there aren't any male ones.

Anyhoo-

1.Dwarves. Absolutely my favourite race. (except the drunken idiots that damned Jackson portrayed them as) You really need a reason why?

2.Hobbits. I doubt you'll need a reason.

3.After some consideration, Men take the third spot. Sure, there are some flaws, but still.

4.Elves. The last elf who was not a complete coward was Gil-Galad. And he's long gone. Anyway, Elves are my least favourite race, main reasons being their cowardice, arrogance, having only one gender and general crying over everything.

Of course there are male elves,or have you forgotten about Legolas and Elrond. And no,they aren't cowards. I forgot the name of that male elf that is by Galadriel's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverleaf_Breeze View Post
    Of course there are male elves,or have you forgotten about Legolas and Elrond. And no,they aren't cowards. I forgot the name of that male elf that is by Galadriel's side.
    Celeborn - otherwise known as Galadriel's b**ch

In his defense, she is pretty much the most high ranking (in terms of both nobility and power) elf left on Middle Earth, so...she definitely married down. Celeborn's no slouch, but he was a Sindar from Doriath, not a Noldor from the Undying Lands like Galadriel. I guess she had pretty slim pickins lol.

Halflings,..definately Halflings..

Okay, no Halflings then I'll take Hobbits and Dwarves :P

Quote Originally Posted by Riverleaf_Breeze View Post
    Sorry, they're female. No male Elves.

Also, you are right. Saying Elrond is a coward is not right.
    Saying he is a coward AND a complete idiot is.

"Isildur! Throw it into the fire!"

"NO!"

"Oh, come on!"

"NO!"

"You're mean!"

My favourite race is the Race of Man. I currently have three characters that are all men (well, two men, one woman).

Dwarves ARE NUMBER 1. Then comes man, then Hobbit, then elf. The elves are all just weaklings except Glorfindel. Most of them are jerks, hippies, and vegans.

Apart from Glorfindel, Fingolfin was also pretty epic. He wounded Morgoth's and gave him a permanent debuff (-10% run speed). As for the most remaining elves...

Despite my main being Race of Man and my current playing character being an Elf, i answer this question with "Dwarves". You just can't skip the outcomes of their unmatched construction work they have left in Tolkien's lore. I have a dwarven guardian in queue waiting. His time will come.

Hobbits are certainly the tastiest race and my Warg loves nibbling on them. Yum,yum!

no matter what fantasy world i've been in or read about, the elves have done the trick for me...

I like hobbits more because I can relate more with them. They are a bunch of homebodies who will (occasionally) go out and adventure whenever they get bored... just like me! Hobbits are also the right height and simply the most underestimated race in all of middle earth.

The dwarves actually come to a close second, but mostly because they are hearty and fashionable at best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast