We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Level 50 Armor choices

Guys my Hunter is lv52 now and I have been working on the Angmar armor set i.e. the Arthdur one, and only the platebody/jacket is left.

But then I came across the Annuminas set earlier, as well as the Aurochs set.

So the question is: out of the three sets, which is the (best) one that I should go for? Or are there actually any better alternatives?

Many thanks!

Aurochs.

/10chars.

If you get the chance I might add Doom Hunters Gear from the Rift

But if you are restricted to the three choices then I would go for the Auroch's Gear

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNoon View Post
    Guys my Hunter is lv52 now and I have been working on the Angmar armor set i.e. the Arthdur one, and only the platebody/jacket is left.

But then I came across the Annuminas set earlier, as well as the Aurochs set.

So the question is: out of the three sets, which is the (best) one that I should go for? Or are there actually any better alternatives?

Many thanks!
    The Rift gear is by far the best set for hunter but it is very difficult to get it these days. Second choice is Aurochs. Moria is close though and much of the epic quest line gear is better than both sets.

I suggest at least hat and shoulders Aurochs, simply for the reduced cooldown for swift. You can find much better stats head-gear even as early as in Walls of Moria but you're not getting a more desirable effect. Why head and shoulders? Because those two pieces are the ones you're least likely to get hold of when changing into the Moria class barter gear at 58-60. Why keep them so long? Same as above, the effect is very sweet. Keep your jewelry up to date (scaled is of course best but also nice from lootboxes and crit crafted and some quest rewards) and you'll not suffer too badly. At 65 there's 65 version Aurochs and a couple of pieces from barter at Harnidiron (spelling?) in Enedwaith. They're not super but will see you through to 75. Here you can use crafted teals or the Galtrev far-arrow set as you see fit. That set looks super awesome dyed crimson so I usually grab it just for that - not the best of priorities haha!

I cannot stress this enough: hoard some food buffs. Resist foods (I usually go with vs fear because my alts enjoy the occasional Grand Stairs run but anything really), icpr crit 10-minute buffs, out of combat food (bartered for at Lhanuch (spelling?) and 21st hall) for deeding, +vita food. Make sure they're up to date for your level.
    Use scholar buffs. Oils, def/battle scrolls (and don't forget focus pots and a fairly up-to-date class slot tome).
    Proper power and morale pots for your level, easy to overlook.

Given the smooth game-play on hunter, you'll want the buffs to last as long as possible. 5 minutes just disappear too quickly.

Buffs are great not for making your game easier (how could it be much easier?) but to make it smooth and pleasant.