We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

most beautiful zone

Hi all,

I've just started playing the game for 2 months now, i have a lvl 33 champion at the moment, i am at Brandywine server, at a very helpful and mature kin
    and just yesterday i've entered Trollshaws for the first time.

What can i say, this game is absolutely awesome, i very much enjoy everything about it,
    the combat system, the epic story, crafting, outfits. So i am a VIP now, i've purchased all expansions so far and waiting for HD.

The Trollshaws seems like a very beutiful zone to lvl up in,
    which is your favorite zone and where should i lvl up after Trollshaws?

Thnaks in advance

welcome to the game, glad you enjoy the game so much

i would have to choose between evendim, the shire and moria as prettiest places...

where you should go next depends a bit on your lvl... if you just started the trollshaws i guess you are around lvl 30, the trollshaws won't get you to lvl 40 like this, so i guess you better move over to evendim, then to anmar and eregion and then moria
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    welcome to the game, glad you enjoy the game so much

i would have to choose between evendim, the shire and moria as prettiest places...

where you should go next depends a bit on your lvl... if you just started the trollshaws i guess you are around lvl 30, the trollshaws won't get you to lvl 40 like this, so i guess you better move over to evendim, then to anmar and eregion and then moria
    ty for the quick responce,
    i have a lvl 33 champion now, so i was thinking that Trollshaws will get me to at least lvl 40. Is that not true and i have to move over to Evendim?

Quote Originally Posted by wesmont View Post
    ty for the quick responce,
    i have a lvl 33 champion now, so i was thinking that Trollshaws will get me to at least lvl 40. Is that not true and i have to move over to Evendim?
    Trollshaws have not that many of the quests, and lots of these are group quests ( giants, spiders related chains), so no, Trollshavs alone wont get you to level 40. You will have to supplement it with questing in other areas.

You can try start in Angmar from level 35, but that will be quite hard. Forochel you can start from level 40-41, but it will be as hard as well. Misty Mountains is 40+some level as well. So Evendim is almost unavoidable.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

I think that Lothlorien is a very gorgeous zone. Especially in the Golden Wood. You can't get there til after Moria though, because pretty much the only way to get there is to go through Moria. Besides that, there is a place in Dunland, The Peaceful Glade, that is really beautiful. And from the screenshots that I've seen, there's going to be some really pretty places in the Westemnet (level 85 - 95, due out with Helm's Deep).
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter_of_Bree View Post
    Trollshaws have not that many of the quests, and lots of these are group quests ( giants, spiders related chains), so no, Trollshavs alone wont get you to level 40. You will have to supplement it with questing in other areas.

You can try start in Angmar from level 35, but that will be quite hard. Forochel you can start from level 40-41, but it will be as hard as well. Misty Mountains is 40+some level as well. So Evendim is almost unavoidable.
    ty, that was a very detailed and explanatory reply. So i guess i have to go back to Evendim for lvling up to 40. On the other hand, i am planing to get Kindred with Elves of Rivendel, will i be able to do that when there's not enough quests in Trollshaws?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    I think that Lothlorien is a very gorgeous zone. Especially in the Golden Wood. You can't get there til after Moria though, because pretty much the only way to get there is to go through Moria. Besides that, there is a place in Dunland, The Peaceful Glade, that is really beautiful. And from the screenshots that I've seen, there's going to be some really pretty places in the Westemnet (level 85 - 95, due out with Helm's Deep).
    I think so too, that Lothlorien will be an awesome area to lvl up to. Can you please send me the link with the screenshots of the new HD area?

ty, that was a very detailed and explanatory reply. So i guess i have to go back to Evendim for lvling up to 40. On the other hand, i am planing to get Kindred with Elves of Rivendel, will i be able to do that when there's not enough quests in Trollshaws?
    Misty Mountains drops a lot of reputation items from the mobs there (Particularly evil men and goblins, and goblins in particular inside Goblin-town).

Since you are VIP, I would suggest do a bit of multiple areas. With the way the game was designed before F2P, this was intended behaviour anway. You will probably have noticed some overlapping quests anyway, where a qiest in one region might send you to another region entirely. Particulaly in those lv20-40 regions, you'll find that you're encouraged to do the first camp/town in one region, go to another region, come back and do the second camp, etc.

In the case of the Trollshaws, as has been pointed out, it's very light on quests. Evendim would be a great place to level right now in the meantime (Either in addition to, or completely instead of the Trollshaws). You'll probably want to to the Trollshaws quests around the Bridge & Barachens camp (~lv32), then gain a few levels elsewhere, come back for Thorenhad (~lv35), gain a few more levels elsewhere, then visit rivendell, few more levels elsewhere, then back to Echad Candeleth (~lv39). Simply put: Trollshaws has quests at specific levels, which not much in between them, which when combined with a lack of quests, makes it very hard to level in one straight line with this region alone.

Once you do get past lv40 (/trollshaws) though i would suggest:
    Angmar: Lv38-40 onwards (depending on how tricky you are happy with it being)
    Forochel: Lv42-45+ onwards (Again, lower level will add a slight bit more difficulty)
    Eregion: Lv46+ (Quests are Lv48+ but aren't too difficult, and there is plenty of quests in moria these days that you don't need to be as high a level as possible before entering)

To answer your question on the most beautiful place though: I'd have to say Lothlorien too.
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Ost Barandor in Bree-land... GREAT view from there... At sunset, it's beautiful...

Glorgnorbor
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    I think so too, that Lothlorien will be an awesome area to lvl up to. Can you please send me the link with the screenshots of the new HD area?
    HD isn't out, and those who can get screenshots are under an NDA, and can't share it with the public.

Glorgnorbor
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Actually, there have been posted some screenshots by turbine or at least allowed by turbine.
    Anyway, Evendim is nice, when you are at forochel, check out the sky
    I really liked Moria, though i prefer the sky and sun above my head. The pristine glade was really beautiful as well, but that is somewhere lvl 70 i thought.
    Earvordui - 85 LM

Lightbulb

Trollshaw quest interwhine with Misty Mountains quests at Rivendel. Because that i beleive the logical pattern is that you do some west Misty Mountain quest before you head to another zone. It will give you some sence on balanced flowing on the epic story.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    snip .. where you should go next depends a bit on your lvl... if you just started the trollshaws i guess you are around lvl 30, the trollshaws won't get you to lvl 40 like this, so i guess you better move over to evendim, then to anmar and eregion and then moria
    I agree with moving to Evendim .. you can actually hit some nice questing via the initiating quest "oatmeal problems" from Hana in Ost Guruth. That will take you to Bullroarers Sward & into Evendim. Then Angmar for good armour & the ability to move into some of the Epics which will get you to Carn Dum.

From there I usually go to Forochel & at lvl 45 move to Eregion & Moria.

As far as the most beautiful places?
    There really are so many.

I love the shire & that is where I homestead.
    Trollshaws are gorgeous & so is Lothlorien.
    I love Forochel .. I believe it is stunning (in a minimalist way).
    And I also really, really like the Widemore .. it is the one region that I feel has enough different aspects of the things I find beautiful on our Planet. Balewood reminds me of home mid-winter.

Ravn

PS .. you want to see some incredible artistry, take a VERY good look at Moria when you get there. If you have to turn your brightness up. The work they did there is simply marvelous & depicts the mastery of Dwarf Craftsmanship is a very favorable light.
    Last edited by RavnDottir; Oct 09 2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: added content
    When in Danger, When in Doubt, Run in Circles, Scream & Shout

A bunch of them got published yesterday here:
    http://penny-arcade.com/report/artic...-still-being-t

To my mind the Shire and the Trollshaws are the most beautiful zones. Both have beautiful music, too.

I may be weird in that I find essentially all of the zones breathtaking and beautiful, each in their own unique way. The Shire has perfect rolling hills and farmland, and if you're in the right place at sunset, the far hills can almost look purple. Ered Luin has both lovely spring-time like scenery around the elven areas and winter-esque areas around the Dwarves. Angmar has a gorgeous geothermal swamp area (reminded me quite a bit of all the geothermal springs in Yellowstone Park- it was great), and Mirkwood had areas that were kind of spooky beautiful at night.

It may be harder on my computer to keep the graphics turned up so high while playing all the time, but I just love seeing all of the detail and atmosphere in the game. It's likely one of the main reasons that I keep coming back. Other games I've played in the past have been decent to look at, but the details are so lacking that once you see it once, you never need look at it again.
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/10hncxh.jpg[/IMG]
    [COLOR="#8B4513"][MY ALTS] [B]Balvur[/B] warden/ [b]Hallti[/b] guardian/ [b]Hila[/b] burglar/ [b]Elenauriel[/b] runekeeper/ [b]Dolmifaynar[/b] minstrel [/COLOR]
    I speak my mind because it [COLOR="#B22222"][i]hurts[/i][/COLOR] to bite my tongue

While I haven't yet made it to the other side of Moria, my favorite zone so far has to be Eregion. I find it hauntingly beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Temrhyn View Post
    I may be weird in that I find essentially all of the zones breathtaking and beautiful, each in their own unique way.
    I tried to think of one that I could use to disagree with you, but I couldn't. There are some bits of a few regions that have their problems, but there's no whole region that stands out as ugly. (Well, obviously excluding Angmar, but Angmar is beautifully ugly. I mean, damn, but it's hideous, but it's artistically hideous, in just the way it should be.) About the best counterexample I could come up with is Agamaur, because it's so over the top in its attempt to be nasty, but even Agamaur is well-composed.

To me, the most beautiful zone is everything in the Riders Of Rohan Xpack. I have shown these pics before, but will once again here in the forums just so everyone can see how amazing the graphics engine can be on this 6.5 year old game.

But there are certain places where even the older parts of the game shine with quality too.

[URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Officer of The Lonely Mountain Band
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.

This game is just full of gorgeous scenery

From the picturesque quaintness of the shire to the mournful fading beauty of Evendim, to the Golden Wood of Lothlorien-and of course Rohan. It is really beautifully realized.

I am just finishing a reread of the book, and it's amazing to me how evocative all the areas I've seen in game are as I read through.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

And not to forget the Mines of Moria, there are some hauntingly beautiful locations deep within its caverns.

[URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Officer of The Lonely Mountain Band
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.

MadeOfLions is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    The Trollshaws seems like a very beutiful zone to lvl up in,
    which is your favorite zone and where should i lvl up after Trollshaws?
    My favorite zone is a small area in the Trollshaws called Tal Bruinen, off the beaten path and fairly dangerous. You probably shouldn't seek it out just yet, but it's very pretty and has a lot of interesting things to discover.

MoL

Eregion is very atmospheric. So are the Rushgore in Great River, the Second Hall of Moria, Imlad Lalaith, Dol Guldur, the Gravenwood and even the good old Old Forest.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

For landscape I like Rohan and dunland layout. but the gloomiest places i would say have to be myrkwood and moria.

Lothlorien is also awsume but its not large enough. Would have been nice to have it bigger with a lot more content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    For landscape I like Rohan and dunland layout. but the gloomiest places i would say have to be myrkwood and moria.

Lothlorien is also awsume but its not large enough. Would have been nice to have it bigger with a lot more content.
    Sorry, but Gloomiest hands down is Angmar. Especially the areas around Carn Dum, Imlad Balchorth, and Barad Gularan. The place is crawling with evil and deadly enemies. Parts of Moria and Mirkwood though are definately gloomy.

My favorite zone is all of them. They are all quite beautiful. Tal Bruinen in the Trollshaws is a quite nice area with a nice quest chain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast