We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Evil Ents

Hybrid View

Question Evil Ents

The books & the game point on several times that some ents got angry cause the dammage they received & their hearts got rotten. Can someone point when this started?
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

This is part of the plot of the two towers, the tree became twisted and hostile but "Evil ents" weren't mentioned its just made-up by Turbine.

Ents are tree-sheppards, the trees got hostile to anything like humans,orcs, dwarves, etc. The ents controlled them.

Not correct. The ents going berseker by Orthanc tower, is described on the book, also they were mad, not evil at that moment. But Tom Bombaldil told the hobbits that he was keeping an eye on the old willow tree cause his heart have turned rotten & he was doing mischiefs. Also, the ent of Fangorn told the hobbits that the huorns where sleeping ents & there were good huorns but some huorn hearts have gotten rotten. So knowing that some ents have gotten evil, i just want to know when it started.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    The ents going berseker by Orthanc tower, is described on the book, also they were mad, not evil at that moment.
    Right, no evil ents..
    But Tom Bombaldil told the hobbits that he was keeping an eye on the old willow tree cause his heart have turned rotten & he was doing mischiefs.
    Wrong Old willow is a Evil tree not an ent.

Also, the ent of Fangorn told the hobbits that the huorns where sleeping ents & there were good huorns but some huorn hearts have gotten rotten. So knowing that some ents have gotten evil, i just want to know when it started.
    Huorns are like Moving trees, Evil Ents were made by Turbine, there isn't evil ents anywhere in Tolkien works, get your facts right.

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    ...get your facts right.
    I do get the facts = right. All that i said is on the books. Now going back to the theme... Do someone know the earliest the book cite that those ents heart started to root? Because i found where it said that they was already rotten but not when it started. I just cant find if it happened by Melkor actions, Sauron actions or they got corrupted by themself & if it happen before or after the first born arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I do get the facts = right. All that i said is on the books. Now going back to the theme... Do someone know the earliest the book cite that those ents heart started to root? Because i found where it said that they was already rotten but not when it started. I just cant find if it happened by Melkor actions, Sauron actions or they got corrupted by themself & if it happen before or after the first born arrived.
    Look, here is the proof.

Treebeard is talking about talking trees, not Ents. The Old Forest is supposed to have no Ents, only Huorns and "treeish ents" Same thing in the deeper, darker glens of Fangorn, they are not composed of rotten Ents, but of rotten trees. (with rotten heart, that is)

Trees can become "Entish" (Huorns), and Ents can become "treeish" (Finglas, Fladrif), but they do not become the same thing by the process.

Old man Willow is a tree gone bad. Possibly a Huorn.