We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 198
  1. #1

    To the Player Council, What are you all doing lately? Updates?

    Dear Player Council:
    We have not heard much from you ever since you all were elected, just wanted to keep up the communication between you all and the players as you are our representatives.

    I just wondered what have you all been up to lately? Any updates or news you can share? Anything concerns or things we should know about? Any question for us?
    Thanks for your time!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004c9523/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    As they are all under an NDA, they cannot answer you. It would violate their NDA and result in their removal from the council. Much like Palantir players cannot tell you what they are working on.

    With that said, I can point to some examples of things they have been working on...

    • The newly updated and more compact forum structure.
    • The creation of the 20 Questions we post every few weeks.
    • A new item coming in Update 11.2.
    • Very lengthy discussions on Multi-Boxing (not a violation) and Rank Farming(appropriate actions).

    Providing feedback on:
    • Housing updates.
    • Class changes.
    • Skill Trees.
    • Warbands.
    • LOTRO Store items.


    Three members of the council who live nearby and one who will be in town for other reasons have been invited to sit down with us and discuss a number of topics as well as tour the studio this week.

    Those are the highlights, there have been a lot of discussions on a number of topics and many many suggestions made by the council or at least brought to our attention by them (they bring some of the top suggestions from the Player Suggestions forums to council discussions).

  3. #3
    New item????

    Please shed more light on this.

    Cool that some of the player council will be meeting with you.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

  4. #4
    Have chance for add more players to the council in the future?

  5. #5
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    Have chance for add more players to the council in the future?
    We don't add to the council during a term, but a new council is chosen each year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the wilderness
    Posts
    68
    Awesome. Thanks for the info, Sapience! Sounds like the Council is keeping quite an active schedule and that's encouraging as I think this whole concept (feedback loop) is an excellent avenue to introduce improvements to the gaming experience.

    Super jealous that some of them will get the studio tour. Very cool.
    [URL="http://www.sigcreator.com/"][IMG]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/2092919610lotro_lotro32.png[/IMG][/URL]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    [*]A new item coming in Update 11.2.
    If that new item is what I suspect, and ISN'T a store-gated purchase, (after all, you mentioned it seperate from the 'Lotro Store items' in your list, I will be VERY impressed.
    -
    Since U11.2 is on Bullroarer, for testing, could this item be revealed in the notes so we can test it before it goes live?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    If that new item is what I suspect, and ISN'T a store-gated purchase, (after all, you mentioned it seperate from the 'Lotro Store items' in your list, I will be VERY impressed.
    -
    Since U11.2 is on Bullroarer, for testing, could this item be revealed in the notes so we can test it before it goes live?
    What is it you suspect?
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,726
    Hey I'll be in Boston in August. Can I stop by and say hi?
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

  10. #10
    Would love to be the proverbial fly on the wall observing the give and take between the admitted rank farmer on the council and the legit players.

    I guess the outcome of the discussion will become evident how it went.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    • Very lengthy discussions on Multi-Boxing (not a violation) and Rank Farming(appropriate actions).
    Sad that Turbine staff time, and player council member time, is being spent on this. I support PvMP improvements but it seems decided at this point that PvMP will not get much development attention in any major way.

    So I am sad that energy and Staff time is being spent on this, where there are much more serious issues, like group content loot problems and performance issues.

    Has Turbine given up on the idea of changing the loot system that has made so many players unhappy (as they have stated on these forums). This seems like a major weakness/flaw in Lotro now - unless you think there is no place for character gear advancement and challenging group content in the game.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    If that new item is what I suspect, and ISN'T a store-gated purchase, (after all, you mentioned it seperate from the 'Lotro Store items' in your list, I will be VERY impressed.
    -
    Since U11.2 is on Bullroarer, for testing, could this item be revealed in the notes so we can test it before it goes live?
    What do you suspect? Fill us in.

    I think it's just to introduce pre-order stuff. (Pocket XP gain item, cosmetics, etc..)
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  13. #13
    Ill bet its a new PvMP map!

    Either that or

    A new 12 man, multi-boss raid!
    [IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    It's secret because they lack the talent to create a newsletter. Heck, look at their forums, for example: Still in beta after 5+ years and still auto-logs you even when you click "Keep me signed in".

    People say ''At least they're making an effort''. Until I see results, that's statement is not valid.
    Last edited by Graycient; Jul 17 2013 at 02:37 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragekiss View Post
    Sad that Turbine staff time, and player council member time, is being spent on this. I support PvMP improvements but it seems decided at this point that PvMP will not get much development attention in any major way.

    So I am sad that energy and Staff time is being spent on this, where there are much more serious issues, like group content loot problems and performance issues.

    Has Turbine given up on the idea of changing the loot system that has made so many players unhappy (as they have stated on these forums). This seems like a major weakness/flaw in Lotro now - unless you think there is no place for character gear advancement and challenging group content in the game.
    At least Turbine is doing this meet-and-greet thing. I think it shows that Turbine is putting in an effort in getting to know some of the players. The issue that you desire most to be changed may not be high up on their list, but who knows... maybe they'll get to it eventually!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by BackAgainAndThere View Post
    At least Turbine is doing this meet-and-greet thing. I think it shows that Turbine is putting in an effort in getting to know some of the players. The issue that you desire most to be changed may not be high up on their list, but who knows... maybe they'll get to it eventually!
    I agree. Note my comment had no complaints about the council. It is great they have the council, get feedback, and that Sapience responded to update us. Thank you Turbine and Sapience for all of that.

    But, I was making a comment on one thing he said. I don't think the loot issues are "my issue" only. And Turbine recently said they will not change this. So, just giving my feedback: the loot issue is a very serious problem, and way way more important than multiboxing in the neglected PvMP world. It will not be good for the game if Turbine does not try to fix the loot issues. Many players have expressed their concern over this on the forums. I hope this issue does not get ignored. And yes I recognize you could only play solo and not care about instances or gear at all. It is still an important issue.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    New item????

    Please shed more light on this.

    Cool that some of the player council will be meeting with you.
    It's a Direlegend house statue, complete with him tri-wielding daggers and dual wielding hobbits as both shields and projectiles. The only way you can obtain it is by ninja-looting a chest in the new 24-man multi-boss flying-mounted combat raid.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton
    Posts
    1,161
    Well I recently took a very enjoyable trip to Dublin... although I suspect this isn't the sort of information you are after!
    Council Of The West On Evernight

    Runesi

  19. #19
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by ShammWoww View Post
    Hey I'll be in Boston in August. Can I stop by and say hi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Runesi_EU View Post
    Well I recently took a very enjoyable trip to Dublin... although I suspect this isn't the sort of information you are after!
    Well now, I'm jealous.

  20. #20
    I believe some of the items being discussed are actually on Bullroarer Update 11.2 right now if you are curious. I did see some new items I've never seen before (controversial depending on your taste) but I'm not going to say I know those are the items being discussed by the council. But I'm sure, as always, we'll be given the information when ready.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    Quote Originally Posted by xDementedx View Post
    I believe some of the items being discussed are actually on Bullroarer Update 11.2 right now if you are curious. I did see some new items I've never seen before (controversial depending on your taste) but I'm not going to say I know those are the items being discussed by the council. But I'm sure, as always, we'll be given the information when ready.
    Now that the store offers have been pushed to the bullroarer store I can say that I was hoping the new Riding Trait would be part of the Helms Deep Pre-order Bundles, but this doesn't appear likely now.

    It would be nice to know either way though =) *budgets*
    Last edited by Crell_1; Jul 17 2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

  22. #22
    Am I remembering incorrectly, weren't there going to be official council member reports periodically (with the appropriately super secret stuffins redacted by Turbine before publication)? Maybe I'm confusing it with how they did the Beta player reports a couple of years ago.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by xDementedx View Post
    I believe some of the items being discussed are actually on Bullroarer Update 11.2 right now if you are curious. I did see some new items I've never seen before (controversial depending on your taste) but I'm not going to say I know those are the items being discussed by the council. But I'm sure, as always, we'll be given the information when ready.
    Not everyone has access to the BR server.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragekiss View Post
    Sad that Turbine staff time, and player council member time, is being spent on this. I support PvMP improvements but it seems decided at this point that PvMP will not get much development attention in any major way.

    So I am sad that energy and Staff time is being spent on this, where there are much more serious issues, like group content loot problems and performance issues.

    Has Turbine given up on the idea of changing the loot system that has made so many players unhappy (as they have stated on these forums). This seems like a major weakness/flaw in Lotro now - unless you think there is no place for character gear advancement and challenging group content in the game.
    I don't really PvP so I don't care what goes on there... but, if Turbine is spending time looking at addressing certain [small] issues in the PvP realm, doesn't that signal that they do care about PvP? Sure, it may not be at the top of their list, but I would be glad to see they have not forgotten about the issues that the PvP crowd wants to address.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Not everyone has access to the BR server.
    Not true. I believe that if you are at least VIP all it takes is a download of the BR client. I have it downloaded myself but rarely use it.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

 

 
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload