We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolnor View Post
    I figured that cutting Starbucks out of my intake for 6 months was worth helping the Future Generations and Team Turbine!

I seriously doubt we can overtake Team Reddit but....lets scare the heck out of them anyway....WE'RE CATCHING UP>>>

TQQdles™
    Last year I think we ended up 4th overall. Never climbed higher than 3rd. This year we've been locked into 2nd for more than a week and kept pace with Reddit (staying about $1200 - 1800 behind). To me, that's pretty darn impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeytolman View Post
    I just found a visa gift card I got for a gift last year , checked it out and it had 6.16 on it . So to the kids it goes, I wonder how many of us have one or two of these in our wallet or purse or in the nightstand that we don't remember we had. Would do a lot more good in children's miracle networks hands than forgotten in our wallets.
    THIS! This is a fantastic idea. Eventually those cards are just going to start charging a fee (most I believe are 2 years before they start) for storing your money on them, so why not send along those $5 and $7 remnants to a good cause! I absolutely love this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Last year I think we ended up 4th overall. I absolutely love this idea!
    With the Knights of Valour of Vilya at $1120.00 now, we'd like to get more server-wide enthusiasm. Everyone loves the idea of you and a Dev joining a raid on Vilya, sooo how about some easy ones: We raise $1500.00, you visit the Vilya server and talk about this fund-raiser on Unite?
    [URL="http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Pherenn/media/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u470/Pherenn/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Pherenn, Phermin, Pherkeeper, Phertain, Pherhuntress, Pherhunter, Pherburg, and too many others to track. Lotro Featured Player 2011; If I can help you...ask.

Team Standings

Ok, I may be unemployed, but I found the extra $25.00 in the back corner of my checking account...

Good luck and keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Astarte View Post
    and very happy that we are, at least temporarily, on top of the kin total.

You other kinleaders aren't gonna stand for that, are you???
    my kin has Donated as much as we could afford (only 4 players among many characters) and half of us have donated so far :-).

on a side note, if you raise enough, say $50,000, for a reward how about a level 95 First age Legendary Weapon, to one donor at launch of Helm's Deep?

I am honored to participate.

Thanks!

Sapience, thank you very much for doing this! I was honored to donate to this cause, I just wish I could give more that I could. Good luck on the 25 hours of gaming; longest I think I played straight was 16 hrs, and I felt like a zombie afterwards!!
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Tarndir-94 Hunter, Tarnderial-73 Rune-Keeper, Sinirond-71 Guardian, Danalla-44 Champion, Tarnderia-28 Burglar
    Dainia-41 Warden, Dainelle-28 Minnie, Tarnderick-42 Captain, Sindrelia-37 Lore-Master
    Leader of The Riders of the Storm ---- Elendilmir
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Agadez View Post

on a side note, if you raise enough, say $50,000, for a reward how about a level 95 First age Legendary Weapon, to one donor at launch of Helm's Deep?
    I like this, but I have multiple characters, I would want to be able to choose which class and the weapon type.

I think this would be best implemented like this:

Add a new barter npc that takes tokens that turbine gives out in events like extra life
    then all they would have to do is update the items the npc has for barter for each event or year

This year he could give us lvl 95 first symbol
    Last edited by Nindolvoth; Oct 26 2013 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindolvoth View Post
    I like this, but I have multiple characters, I would want to be able to choose which class and the weapon type.

I think this would be best implemented like this:

Add a new barter npc that takes tokens that turbine gives out in events like extra life
    then all they would have to do is update the items the npc has for barter for each event or year

This year he could give us lvl 95 first symbol
    I honestly don't mind this, especially as its for a good cause, but I'd rather it didn't happen. Some people will not see it as an extra incentive to donate money to charity, instead as a payment of sorts for the chance to grab some new shiny. Cosmetics and housing decorations certainly, but as soon as you ascribe stats and such - which are arguably the mosttangible aspects we have and what people constantly spend time and money upgrading - then you walk a very fine line that I'd rather see us keep away from.

Plus you'll have people that have no interest in charity, but a great deal of interest in getting something new. I suppose you could argue that so long as their money goes to somewhere good it doesn't matter, but I guess I'm just old fashioned in thinking that a donation should be that. A donation, not a transaction.

Sapience, soon as I get paid I'll put a little something in. I'm not in the US, but a child is a child no matter where they were born.

Quote Originally Posted by Elithandir View Post
    I honestly don't mind this, especially as its for a good cause, but I'd rather it didn't happen. Some people will not see it as an extra incentive to donate money to charity, instead as a payment of sorts for the chance to grab some new shiny. Cosmetics and housing decorations certainly, but as soon as you ascribe stats and such - which are arguably the most tangible aspects we have and what people constantly spend time and money upgrading - then you walk a very fine line that I'd rather see us keep away from. Plus you'll have people that have no interest in charity, but a great deal of interest in getting something new. I suppose you could argue that so long as their money goes to somewhere good it doesn't matter, but I guess I'm just old fashioned in thinking that a donation should be that. A donation, not a transaction.
    I would not want to see this at all; a 95 FA for donating? Why not just sell them in the Turbine store? Indeed, why game or go through the grind at all; just pay turbine (or Extra-life) and they'll give you a raid geared 95 toon.
    I apologize, but as I have more time than most playing in our world (over 9 months /played on just one toon of many 85’s... before you respond “you” have far more, please go in game and type /played), for me, this would be a sorry addition. We do this to help the kids, and it's fun to do something awesome. Best items in game? I think not. I'd rather figure out how to earn it than have it handed to me for a donation. Now, in comparison, some nice cosmetics for my warhorse… oh yeah! J The above is not meant to cause any conflict in this awesome cause; I just don’t want top level gear given without earning it in our wonderful Middle Earth. Even hobbit lotteries don’t give FA’s, so hopefully, this would not be implemented.
    [URL="http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Pherenn/media/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u470/Pherenn/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Pherenn, Phermin, Pherkeeper, Phertain, Pherhuntress, Pherhunter, Pherburg, and too many others to track. Lotro Featured Player 2011; If I can help you...ask.

Happy to help out with this, just donated. Great to see so many lotro players helping out!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
    Not sure if I can change the donation I've already made to be under the KoV banner. I have 2 alts thats are kinless (a burg and a rune) and I would roll into KoV but I don't have the time commitment for the game atm.
    Just ask anytime which officers are online for your kinless toons to join the Knights of Valour (KoV)! I am on almost every night after 10pm EST

For those interested Team Turbine is currently only $730.71 behind Team Reddit.

And so in the words of Sapience:

Quick, someone break out the AMEX Black card!
    Last edited by wikjif; Oct 26 2013 at 08:28 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00cc00][B]Founding Member: Sapience Fan Club and Adoration Society[/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by whosjgalt View Post
    Just ask anytime which officers are online for your kinless toons to join the Knights of Valour (KoV)! I am on almost every night after 10pm EST
    hehe I am very much aware of this Pher :P /fishslap but like I said, I'm in a spot in R/L where I can't commit fully to the game. I'm on once in a while (more so lately cause of the festival) plugging away at stuff on Shin, but there isn't enough of my time to put into leveling a new toon. Really doesn't help that I'm a completionist......
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000009f277/01008/signature.png]Shinigamiduo[/charsig]
    [img]https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1cbdkd4o1545cdj/I2zWmcr7sx[/img]
    Got fusion?

Oh nerts...just read the "donor" name must be the name of the kinship....put the kin name in the message to fundraiser field....*fail Elvisa*
    ...when in doubt...twirl...

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Just wanted to say congrats on being listed as the top fund raiser so far, Sapience.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...nt&eventID=512
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

I have joined Team Turbine and donated to the team as well as on your personal page, Rick. Put my kinship in the comments field to Fundraiser but didn't put my email so. Since I'm a bit confused where we needed to put the email and who we had to donate to for this....it'll all be sorted somehow

Anyway, $30 from me so far! Thanks for notifying us of this great idea to fund raise!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
    hehe I am very much aware of this Pher :P /fishslap but like I said, I'm in a spot in R/L where I can't commit fully to the game. I'm on once in a while (more so lately cause of the festival) plugging away at stuff on Shin, but there isn't enough of my time to put into leveling a new toon. Really doesn't help that I'm a completionist......
    I am an altaholic, so I completely understand Have fun gaming!

I'm in! Happy to contribute to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by whosjgalt View Post
    You can donate under The Knights of Valour (KoV) of Vilya, even without being a member; alternatively, it's +100%XP right now. Form an alt, and join us! We are 1400+ members with 600 members logged this month alone. KoV is one of the largest Kinships on Vilya... hence why getting Sapience and a Dev to lead a raid for Vilya would be awesome. Any response Sapience??

Sounds like a request outside the scope of Extra life. Which, when it comes to the Kinship challenge is about getting kins to step up as a group to help kids. Though I suppose using it as a recruitment method for your kin is ok, it's certainly not what the spirit of the challenge was meant to be or within the scope of what I had hoped the message would be.

Currently top 3 kins.

• Knights of Valour of Vilya $1170
    • The Inklings of Meneldor $1061
    • Order of Seven of Laurelin $475

Super honored to have been asked to write this for Extra life:
    http://blog.extra-life.org/2013/10/w...ck-heaton.html
    Last edited by Sapience; Oct 28 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Sounds like a request outside the scope of Extra life. Which, when it comes to the Kinship challenge is about getting kins to step up as a group to help kids. Though I suppose using it as a recruitment method for your kin is ok, it's certainly not what the spirit of the challenge was meant to be or within the scope of what I had hoped the message would be.

Currently top 3 kins.

Super honored to have been asked to write this for Extra life:
    http://blog.extra-life.org/2013/10/w...ck-heaton.html
    We can do another pool if that helps out timing wise. Are the Kinship pools Nov 2 or Dec 2?
    TheInklingsKin.com

Soz if posted but where is the pinky greenish beard and that rap video !
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~ [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=purple]MeL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon]Circle of Trust[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#666699][COLOR=purple]Melowar [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=darkgreen]MeL thyPointedEarHunter [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=red]Crymeareaver[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?399046-Join-Warden-Squad-of-Snowbourn-%21&p=5428178#post5428178"][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]Join Warden Squad Today![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]_______[/COLOR][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][B][I]Snowbourn[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]__[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]___[/COLOR]__[/COLOR][URL="http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381206"][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]PvMP Video/Movie Gallery[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Wonderful blog write-up, Sapience.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Quote Originally Posted by JTollers View Post
    We can do another pool if that helps out timing wise. Are the Kinship pools Nov 2 or Dec 2?
    Since I've had to shift my marathon date to Nov 9, the pools are all shifted to the Dec 2, 11:59Pm Eastern time/date.

Currently top 3 kins.

Actually, I wasn't thinking of this as a recruitment method for KoV at all; I was thinking much more along the lines of getting greater involvement from the Vilya Server! This is an important cause to me, personally, and for that's why I want to see us raise as much money as possible for this wonderful cause! I see it more along the lines of Aaron Paul's (the star of Breaking Bad) "Kind Campaign" fund raiser, where the winner spent time with the crew. So, my thoughts are, this way, we could use a potential raid motivate players to contribute to this cause. Obviously, the Knights of Valour of Vilya (KoV) is already doing that . Either way, you are indeed correct, this is about Kinships stepping up as a group to help kids! Thanks for pointing that out and forgive my zealousness for a cause so important.

The blog link is awesome! Very well said Sapience. I bow to you kind Sir.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast